When the holidays roll around, we would like to make a lasting impression on the visiting friends and family. So these occasions are the perfect time to bring out our fine china and silverware. Plus, if you want to serve well-sliced fruits, cut up heavy loaves of bread and tough meat, the best electric carving knife should be part of your tool repertoire.
If you are unfamiliar with this kitchen essential, this article will define the device and explain why you need one. Also, we review the most reliable options on the market in case you do not know where to start. Finally, if you want to pick one for yourself, our buying guide should help you determine the best electric knife for you.
What Is an Electric Carving Knife?
An electrical carving knife is a kitchen cutting tool typically used for slicing things when prepping foods or serving them. These devices have two serrated blades which are linked together. When the tool turns on in this setup, a small motor moves the two blades independently while they pass one another lengthways. Consequently, the electric knife generates a sawing motion that effectively and efficiently slices foods.
Why You Need Electric Carving Knives
Using electric knives can save you plenty of time trying to cut through tough foods. These devices are efficient and guarantee to make short work of serving slices of turkey or pastries. Additionally, you do not need to expend as much energy to make these cuts when using an electric carving knife. Plus, the serrated blades keep the cut clean and ensure the presentation matches the feast.
Moreover, an engineering degree is overage when it comes to the necessary skills required to operate the best electric knives, as the accompanying manual will suffice to give you all the information you need. Additionally, it is beneficial to go through these guides since they let you know the limits of the kitchenware. After all, you would not want to attempt cutting bone only to damage the device.
The best electric knife does not rely on sharp blades, which makes it relatively safer when compared to traditional knives. Consequently, even if your kid grabs one off the kitchen counter, they will not hurt themselves.
5 Best Electric Carving Knives
1. Hamilton Beach Electric Knife
- Perfect for Meats & breads: Easily carves through everything from meats, breads and tomatoes to crafting foam for DIY projects; it's also a...
- Stainless steel blades and fork: This Electric knife features reciprocating serrated blades that create even slices and the included Fork is...
- Ergonomic Handle: Designed to fit comfortably in either hand, The Electric carving knife handle is designed for Comfort and gives you better...
- Space-saving storage case included: The Electric knife includes a storage case to keep the knife, blade and fork protected and easily...
- Great crafting knife: Can be used as a foam cutter in craft and DIY projects.
If you want to bedazzle your visitors with a well-roasted and perfectly sliced serving, the Hamilton Beach Electric Knife will help make the whole process fun and straightforward. These electric knives will get the job done, whether you need to slice meat precisely or cut bread without messing with its texture. Plus, you can put the parts into the accompanying storage case to keep the tools neatly tucked away while saving space in your kitchen.
Moreover, the ergonomically designed handle ensures you do not expend arduous effort when serving the perfect meal. This ambidextrous grip of the top-rated electric knife feels comfortable in your hand, increasing your control over the cutting process. In addition, the two stainless steel blades and carving fork will not stain easily and are helpful additions to your purchase.
2. Cuisinart Electric Knife
- Powerful and easy to use. Cord length : 36 Inches
- One-touch on/off operation
- Ergonomic handle, comfortable for right- and left-handers
- Stainless steel blade cuts through meats, breads, vegetables and more
- Blade is removable and dishwasher safe
The Cuisinart Electric Knife brings versatility, reliability and powerful performance to your kitchen. For starters, it uses a diligent motor that works with stainless steel blades to ease your cutting duties. Additionally, these blades are dishwasher safe to make cleaning them after a feast simple. Consequently, you are sure each cut will be precise, and you will not mess up your special dinners.
Furthermore, the handle features an ergonomic build for easy grip, while the non-slip quality increases your accurate handling of the device. Also, the corded electric knife has a 5-foot cable to allow you to use it on your dinner table. Also, the simple operation of this device means pressing a single button will turn it off or on.
3. BLACK+DECKER 9-inch Electric Carving Knife
- Stainless Steel Blades - The serrated blades saw rapidly and evenly through meats, breads, foam, and more. Plus, they never need to be...
- Comfort Grip Handle - The ergonomic handle is engineered to increase comfort and control during slicing.
- Dishwasher-Safe Parts - The removable blades are dishwasher-safe for fast and easy cleanup.
- Safety Lock Button - Get peace of mind with the lock button, which prevents the knife from turning on while it’s plugged in.
- Blade Release Button - One press of the blade release button unlocks the blades for easy removal.
The BLACK+DECKER 9-Inch Electric Carving Knife takes maintenance tasks like sharpening the blades out of the equation since you will never need to hone this device. In addition, it has a safety lock button that gives you the peace of mind that it will not automatically start to run as soon as you plug it in. Consequently, this device is safer to use when compared to most electric knives.
Moreover, you can release the blades by pressing a button, and you can put them in the dishwasher for easy cleaning. Also, non-slip tabs on the BLACK+DECKER 9-Inch Electric Carving KNife allow you to remove and insert each stainless steel blade without hurting yourself. Finally, the knife stand lets you use to place the device safely once you are done using it.
4. Proctor Silex Easy Slice Electric Knife
- Perfect for Meats, great for breads: electric knife easily carves through everything from ham, turkey, bread, and tomatoes to crafting foam...
- Stainless steel blades: This electric knife features reciprocating, serrated blades, giving you the control and precision to quickly create...
- Ergonomic Handle: electric carving knife fits comfortably in either hand and gives you accurate control and precision.
- Easy touch-button control: simple trigger lets you safely activate your electric carving knife.
- Lightweight: lightweight design makes it easy to hold electric knife when carving large quantities.
The Proctor Silex Easy Slice Electric Knife has numerous benefits that make it one of the best electric knives on the market. First, the stainless steel cutters are durable to ensure you will not require a new kitchen tool soon. Additionally, if you want to make cutting meat and bread clean and straightforward, the quick operation of this electrical food cutter knife will help.
The knife's handle has an ergonomic grip so that you do not tire out when slicing bread or other hard foods. Plus, the power cord is 60 inches long to give you substantial reach and let you do your slicing task from the dining table. Finally, the trigger control makes other electric knives seem challenging to use in comparison since this bread blade offers a simple operation.
5. Bubba Pro Series Electric Fillet Knife
- DIMENSIONS: 8.5” handle length and weighs 1.11 pounds
- EASE OF USE: Non-slip grip handle for outstanding grip security providing ultimate knife control with a trigger guard for added security
- DURABLE: Aluminum Aolloy Housing for Increased Durability with a Heavy Duty drive system for optimal output and Dual-rivet blade design is...
- CONVENIENT: Blades are removable and the handle features an LED battery life indicator to ensure you always have a functioning knife
- INCLUDES: 7” E-FLEX, 9” E-FLEX, 9” E-STIFF and 12” E-STIFF blades, wall charger, (2) lithium ion batteries and an Upgraded premium...
When money is not a concern, the Bubba Pro Series Electric Fillet Knife is one of the best electric knives to buy. First, the trigger guard increases security since it gives you precise control over the kitchen tool. Similarly, the non-slip handle design ensures this cordless electric knife remains comfortably in your hand when using it.
Feel free to switch out the ultra-sharp blade for another since this product has numerous options to suit the slicing task. In addition, the brushless motor makes this cordless electric knife quiet when operating. Finally, these motors provide sufficient durability, power and torque for reliable cutting each time.
6. NutriChef PKELKN16 Portable Electrical Food Cutter Knife Set
- SAFETY LOCK: This electric kitchen knife by NutriChef has a safety lock feature that keeps the blade in place to ensure your safety and to...
- CONSISTENT SLICES: The product makes consistent slice without the use of sawing motion or excessive pressure. Comes with a bread blade for...
- STAINLESS STEEL BLADES: The two included heavy duty blades of this powerful motorized slicer knife are made with stainless steel...
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: The portable electrical food knife also features an Ergonomically Designed Handle for Comfortable Handling and carving...
- WOODEN BLOCK: The set includes a Hand Crafted Premium Hardwood Butcher Block that can be stored flat inside a drawer or assembled for...
The powerful motor on the PKELKN16 ensures quick and perfect slicing without requiring a lot of effort on your part. The stainless steel serrated blades take care of the rest while you keep an eye on the angle and placement of the cuts. Also, the ergonomics of the handle help make the process easier.
This knife set comes with two extra blades that can take on heavy-duty cutting tasks. Also, the handcrafted butcher block, made from hardwood, lets you keep the set organized and it will look good doing it. Finally, this Nutrichef electric knife is easy to use and you can replace the blades with the release button.
7. Mueller Ultra-Carver Electric Knife for Carving
- Better Than The Rest - Forget your old carving knife and let the Mueller Ultra-Carver Electric Knife do the cutting and slicing for you. The...
- 420SS Stainless Steel Blades - Made with ultra-sharp high carbon durable 420SS stainless steel, the blades will never need to be sharpened!...
- Light, Yet Powerful - Precision carving at its finest. Ultra-Carver Electric Knife is designed for speed, precision, and comfort. It comes...
- Smooth Operation and Sleek Design – The one-touch control simplifies use; simply press and hold the On/Off button to operate the Electric...
- Superior Quality With Mueller - We are here to offer you only the best quality products designed to make your life easier. If you need any...
If you need a durable and efficient device at an affordable price, the Mueller Ultra-Carver will help you slice the toughest foods without breaking the bank. The lightweight piece has a contoured handle for easy handling and comfort when operating it. Plus, it is well balanced and you will feel in control.
Moreover, its motor is powerful and guaranteed to give you reliable service in the long run. Also, it is easy to use and has non-slip tabs as safety measures against injury. So, whether you are doing some crafts or serving a meal, the Mueller Ultra-Carver is the perfect companion.
How to Make the Best Electric Carving Knife Selection
a). Corded or Wireless Use?
The best electric knives in terms of affordability are corded options since they are cheaper to manufacture. Unfortunately, a cordless electric knife requires a battery with a long lifespan to make the device more versatile since you do not need to work close to a power source. Additionally, these electric knives are ideal for use in the outdoors. So, if you intend to go on a camping trip or work in the docks filleting fish, a cordless electric knife is your best bet.
Moreover, using a battery means you need to monitor the power level to ensure the electric knife does not run out of juice when you need it the most. Consequently, foodies will appreciate a corded model since they never have to take a break from prepping or serving food to charge their electric knife. Also, try to pay attention to the length of the cord, as it will determine where you can use the device safely.
b). Blade Construction
The best electric knives come with numerous blades to give you options that will fit any cutting task. Still, a single option is not the worst since proper construction and design ensure that you are always sorted. Plus, most of these cutters are made from stainless steel, which means you get a heavy-duty blade.
c). Handling and Ease of Use
The handle design is an essential part of an electric knife since it determines the device's ease of use. For starters, you need to avoid straining your hands when you use the product. After all, an electric knife is supposed to make cutting tasks easy.
Similarly, your hand should be able to reach the safety lock and main trigger with no hassle. The button placement should allow you to press it naturally without straining or requiring two hands. Plus, awkward placement may mean injury risks.
Moreover, look for an electric knife that fits in your hand well. Models that are too big may be uncomfortable to hold since you will not reach the controls.
d). Additional Features
Try to find an electric knife with a reliable warranty. Well-known brands have such offerings which give you peace of mind when purchasing. In addition, a safety lock feature can increase the safety of the device if you have children in the house. Finally, a strong storage case, cutting board and carving fork are always welcome extras. After all, you can keep the electric knife safe, use it without damaging it and increase your versatility.
Frequently Asked Questions on Electric Carving Knives
1. Which electric knife is best?
The Hamilton Beach Electric Knife is the best product since it is affordable and packs all the valuable features required for numerous cutting tasks. Also, this purchase comes with a carving fork to ensure you have everything you need for your kitchen. Finally, this electric knife comes with a storage case and lengthy cord.
2. Is an electric knife worth it?
Electric knives make cutting into hard meat and stiff bread clean and straightforward. If you are thinking about the aesthetic appeal of your dinner, you need a tool that can deliver precise results without messing up the portions you serve. Plus, most electric knives are affordable.
3. Can you use an electric knife on frozen meat?
Although electric knives have the power to slice through frozen meat, it is not advisable to use them in such situations. It helps to check with the manufacturer to determine which tasks the product is suited to handle. However, if you can put the frozen meat under running water, the cutting process will be easier to get through.