Are you thinking of upgrading your dinnerware, and whether you are using glass, ceramic, or stoneware, and there are many classy options such as bamboo pieces. Some may prefer the delicate feel and look of glass, while others may want the durability of stoneware, and some may have the sturdiness of the bamboo bowls.
What are the best bamboo plates and bowls?
Buy On Amazon
What are Bamboo Plates and Bowls?
Bamboo-made plates and bowls make a perfectly safe and sustainable alternative to ditch the plastic and choose eco-friendly alternatives where you can reduce pollution and boost health. Moreover, these alternatives are super versatile as they can be used as bamboo kids' plates and adults can use them, and also a user can also add a slight touch of personal style.
Suppose you have already invested in bamboo tableware, then why not add plates and bowls to your dinnerware set. We have compiled the best bamboo plates and bowls below with their advantages and disadvantages and a buying guide to help you navigate the buying process.
1. Kitzini Bamboo 17 Piece Reusable Plates and Bowls
- PERFECT PIECES THAT COULD OUTLAST A NOR’EASTER - or just a wild party! These bamboo plates are 100% unbreakable. Made from 85%...
- DITCH THE PAPER PLATES & PLASTIC CUTLERY. They’re not exactly stylish or eco-friendly. This plates and bowls set for 4 is lightweight,...
- WHO DOESN'T LOVE A GREAT STACK? Made of organic bamboo fiber, bound together with BPA-free melamine. This set of 17 pieces includes, 4...
- EASY TO CLEAN & DISHWASHER SAFE. Kitzini’s bamboo & melamine dinnerware sets make clean-up a breeze. Nonporous, stain-resistant & easy to...
- TAKE-ANYWHERE PLATES. Kitzini’s melamine plates and bowls sets are designed to be elegant, yet affordable. So, whether it’s kids plates,...
Kitzini Bamboo-made plates and bowls are lightweight and reusable, and the dinnerware can cater to a family of four people. It is made with 85% non-plastic recyclable bamboo fiber, and this guarantees versatility and resilience plus a 15% melamine, making it sturdy yet still have a lightweight build. The set matches most decor while perfectly capturing the beauty of nature since it's a great alternative to plastic and perfect for eco-conscious cooks who want to feel comfortable with their dinnerware.
Kitzini Bamboo plates and bowls are dishwasher-safe, and even though these sets are not bamboo microwave safe, they are temperature resistant and, therefore, perfect for both hot and cold food, and the cups can hold hot afternoon tea. In addition, the set is not only for four plates and four bowls, but it also includes four cups and a salad bowl for perfect place settings.
2. WeeSprout Bamboo Toddler Plates
- YOU’LL LOVE THIS STACKABLE, WORRY-FREE bamboo plate set. They’re BPA free, NON-TOXIC, Phthalates free, PVC free, lead-free,...
- LIFETIME WARRANTY: Our CHIP RESISTANT, SCRATCH proof, and durable bamboo plates for kids stand up to the wildest antics. Let them explore...
- CONVENIENT, CHIC DINNERWARE blends beautifully into your kitchen décor - no matter how minimalist or fancy - then stacks neatly away....
- CLEAN UP FAST – STAIN RESISTANT, GUNK REPELLING, DISHWASHER friendly self-feeding plates snuggle right in next to your other dishware and...
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE – BEST INDOOR & OUTDOOR PICNICWARE: If you’re looking for the perfect balance between beauty and durability,...
WeeSprout Bamboo Plates are a type that features a chemical-free finish and deeper plate edges that allow the plate to carry more food and minimize the messes for a smooth mealtime. It also has some lips that allow stacking when storing and ensures scooping of the food is easier and is made from natural wood bamboo; they bring the nature inside and improve your living space during meal times.
WeeSprout Bamboo Plates have non-toxic chemical-free benefits with great durability, and the durability is assured thanks to the lifetime warranty. In addition, these bamboo fiber plates are available in two combos that kids love and adults and toddlers: Blue or Pink or Green, Gray, and Beige.
3. Grow Forward Bamboo Bowl and Plate Set
- [ Stunning Set of 8 Kids Plates and Bowls ] - Take the stress, and mess, out of mealtimes with this plates and bowls set of 8 from Grow...
- [ Safest Choice for Beginner Self Feeding ] - Our kid friendly plate design features a high lip that makes it easy for little ones to scoop...
- [ High Quality, Sturdy, and Durable ] - Grow Forward kids plates and kids bowls are the best alternative to plastic. While they are not...
- [ Eco Friendly, Sustainable, and Biodegradable ] At Grow Forward, we make sure our eco friendly products are always good for the Earth. The...
- [ Easy to Clean, Stackable, Dishwasher Safe ] - Our value saving dish set of 8 is easy to clean and won't leave food residue, hold odors, or...
Grow Forward Bamboo Bowl and Plate is an elegant setting with great hues and clear lines, and they make a great gift for a baby shower occasion or a baby register. These bamboo fiber plates and bowls are very sturdy, durable, and safe for use, and because they don't have dividers, they can be used with kids when adjusting to bigger potions and adults. They work well for both cold and hot foods ad can be used even for camping, RV and thanks to the high lip, shallow depth, and wide base, they are convenient for beginner self-feeding individuals.
Grow Forward Bamboo Bowl and Plate Set is stackable, and to top it all, they don't support stains and don't hold odors. They are BPA-free, Phthalates, and PVC-free and are scratch-proof and shatterproof, meaning they don't have any hidden gems. They are perfect for serving pasta, eggs, cereal, noodles, and even pasta.
4. Bambu, 7 Inch Round Bamboo Plates
- 100% Natural - Bambu makes its products only from organic bamboo which is certified annually and is an abundant renewal resource. The...
- Elegant Finish - Upgrade your event or any occasion with durable premium compostable bamboo plates. Sturdy and without blemishes or ugly...
- Convenient - Save the hassle and the cost of hauling and washing ceramic dishware. Bambu disposable bamboo plates are lightweight, strong...
- Sustainable Products - Bambu disposable plates are USDA Biobased certified 100%, so they are completely biodegradeable and will compost in a...
- Premium Quality - these bamboo plates are engineered to be lightweight, with a strength that will hold up to any food. Customers find our...
Bambu 7-inch round plates are the perfect solution if you are looking for disposable bamboo plates since they qualify and also offer a natural shade of bamboo and therefore have an attractive touch. The set is 100% recyclable and natural, making it super durable and a biodegradable approach to dining.
Bambu plates don't have any spots thanks to their polish-free and stain-free texture, and this plate can be used as a common plate for family or special meetings only. They can match your kitchen decor and hold soupy, weighty, and sassy foods, and they can be discarded without producing any waste. In addition, the plate is FDA-safe and has a USDA Biobased certification.
5. Earth’s Dream Reusable Bamboo Bowls and Plates
- COMPLETE DINNERWARE SET FOR 4: Earth's Dreams dinnerware set is a complete serving set for four. This complete package contains 10" large...
- BAMBOO FIBER MATERIAL: The Earth’s Dreams Dinnerware Set is produced from the fine quality Bamboo Fibers. The dinnerware set is strong and...
- SERVE HOT OR COLD FOOD WITH EASE: Since our Bamboo Fiber Dinnerware Set has high-quality organic decal integrated on each item, plates and...
- DISHWASHER SAFE: This beautifully designed Bamboo Dinnerware set is safe to clean by hand or in a dishwasher. Our Bamboo Fiber Dinnerware...
- GREAT FOR INDOOR AND OUTDOOR USE: Not every dinnerware sets are sturdy and durable enough to take for outdoor activities. Our reusable...
Earth’s Dream Reusable Bamboo dishes are an easy way for you and your kids to enjoy your lunch or dinner since it is a full set making it super functional. The set contains plates, cups, bowls, and a square saucer for toppings and condiments, making it usable for adults and kids parties, camping, and weddings. All the items are durable, and even though they are of different sizes, they are very durable and don't leave a taste on your mouth when eating or drinking anything, as with some sets.
Earth’s Dream Reusable Bamboo dishes are BPA-free and are made of 85% bamboo fiber and 15% melamine, giving them a better shape and making them 85% biodegradable. In addition, the set is rigid and temperature resistant, suitable for hot and cold foods for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snacks.
Why Choose Bamboo Bowls and Plates?
Some of the reasons to choose bamboo plates include:
Bamboo material is lightweight, and this means that the bamboo plates are easy to stack, store, carry or dispose of in any condition.
A bamboo plate uses an eco-friendly material that helps a user feel green.
The bamboo fiber is biodegradable, and this means that your product can be disposed of easily when it loses its functionality. For parties, the best choice will be the disposable bamboo plates, as they will add to the compost after their use.
d). Easy to Clean
Bamboo dishes are easy to clean when you purchase reusable sets, and you don't have to worry about whether the plates on your dining table hold all the previous food smells because they won't. Additionally, these natural bamboo plates don't easily stain, and you don't have to scrub and rub deeply to get any deep marks off your plate when washing.
e). Free of Chemicals
Bamboo dinnerware is free of harmful chemicals, and this is one of the major differences between these bamboo plates the plastic plates. Plastics may have components that may easily penetrate your food and make it harmful, but bamboo doesn't have these harmful substances, and therefore, it's harmless. In addition, natural bamboo products are phthalates-free, melamine-free, BPA-free, and toxin-free, ensuring they are 100% environmentally friendly.
Additionally, bamboo is not grown using pesticides. The only thing to remember is to purchase them from a trusted retailer or manufacturer to avoid any counterfeits full of dangerous substances.
f). Antibacterial Properties
Bamboo fiber also has antibacterial properties, and your food remains fresh even after staying on the plates. In addition, the light all-natural bamboo plates don't have any bacteria buildup and leave no unpleasant smells.
g). High Durability
Bamboo plates are super durable, renewable, strong, and unbreakable, and this makes these snack bowls and bamboo plates safe for kids to enjoy their snacks or hot food. In addition, the bamboo kids' plates' shatter-proof ability makes them among the top choices for parents to use during weaning.
Factors to Consider Before Purchasing Bamboo Plates and Bowls
1. Shape and Size
Bamboo plates can be found in different shapes, sizes, and colors to suit your whole family. They can be square, round, deep, or shallow, and some may have thick brims, where some may not. In addition, some bamboo dinner plates may come in one color, and others may be different colors in one set, and these differences should be considered.
The choice of the shape and color should be determined by who will be mostly using them, and the size also will depend on where they will be used ad to serve what food. For example, for bowls and plates for BBQ or picnics, opt for a large size for extra convenience but if it's a bamboo toddler plate, then opt for a more colorful plate but a small plate for the perfect size.
Most manufacturers advertise their products to be high quality, and some of them may not be, and they could add some chemicals or not use bamboo only as of the material. Therefore, it's important to check the material properly and avoid anyone trying to convince you that some plates or bowls are bamboos when you feel they are not. Also, check for any uneven edges or stains that attract your attention, as this will help you exclude any fakes.
3. Reusable or Disposable
Disposable or reusable depends on the purpose; if you intend to use your bamboo plates daily, you will need reusable bowls and plates. Notably, some brands offer dishwasher-safe bamboo products, which will help you avoid wasting time hand washing.
However, for special events like weddings or big gatherings, you should opt for disposable bamboo plates. These disposable bamboo plates will ease the time you spend washing hundreds of dinner pieces and dispose of them after use.
4. Appropriate Number of Pieces and the Style
To figure out how many pieces you need for your bowls and plates, you need to know who will be using them before making your purchase so that you can make a purchase that covers your whole family comfortably. Also, you shouldn't purchase many reusable plates since they need constant washing, and for the disposable, the number is not a limit.
Keep in mind the number of plates you will need but also don't forget about the design and great style you may prefer. You can try to purchase the items that could complement your kitchen's aesthetics, or for the event, you are purchasing a uniform theme.
Budget is a constant factor anytime you shop, no matter the product because the market offers a wide range of options where some are budget-friendly, cheap, and premium products. Therefore, you should try to stick to your budget even if you think you have found the bamboo plates of your dreams.
If you choose reusable plates, try to choose the high-quality options because they cost more money, are more durable, and last longer. Also, sometimes adding your coins to shop for high-quality plates might add to the product's durability, usability, and quality.
Frequently Asked Questions on the Bamboo Plates and Bowls
1. Are reusable bamboo plates better than plastic plates?
Yes, they are. They are more durable and long-lasting, making them a smart investment than purchasing plastic plates. Also, bamboo plates for both kids and adults are more affordable, meaning they will save you some coins, and they are also healthy and last longer. In addition, when the plates and bowls finish their span, they are biodegradable when they get to the ground.
2. Can I microwave a bamboo plate or bowl?
No, you can't. When a bamboo plate or bowl is exposed to heat, it loses some of its properties, and therefore, it may get stains, crack, or even be set on fire. In addition, some bamboo dishes may emit harsh chemicals if their top veneer coat gets damaged by heat which can be harmful, especially for a toddler or a baby. Avoid any extremely high temperatures for your bamboo dinnerware, and they will give you service for a long time.