If you thought that you have to slice, dice, grind or chop up your ingredients by hand, there's some good news for you. With the best electric food choppers, you can eliminate the tedious process of prepping food manually.
However, you need to know the most suitable options and the factors for consideration as you go shopping for one. So, this article covers the best food processors and a complementary buying guide.
1. Hamilton Beach Mini-Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper
- Simply stack and press to chop: The patented stack & press design makes it easy to assemble and use. Simply press the lid to chop and...
- Perfect size for everyday use: Chop and mix up to 3 cups of ingredients every day of the week with this 3 cup chopper. It's the perfect size...
- Easily chop, puree and emulsify with stainless steel blades: Durable stainless steel blades make easy work of a multitude of ingredients...
- Easy to clean: The bowl, lid and removable blades of the Hamilton Beach chopper are all dishwasher safe.
- Power through tough ingredients: This small food chopper has a 350 watt motor to provide all the power you need to prepare all types of food...
Thanks to its user-friendly construction, the Hamilton Beach Mini Food Processor is among the best models on the market. You can easily assemble and operate this kitchen appliance since it features a stack and press design. All you have to do is press the lid to start chopping and release it to stop.
The three-cup capacity of this mini food processor is ideal for daily use. You can chop up and mix ingredients each day of the week to meet your nutritional needs. The Hamilton Beach vegetable chopper is small enough to store without rearranging your kitchen counter.
The stainless steel blades are specifically designed for chopping, puree, or emulsifying various foods, including onions, nuts, and carrots. On the lid, you'll find an oil dispenser that facilitates emulsification of dressings, dips, and sauces.
You'll also appreciate this Hamilton Beach appliance because the bowl, removable blades, and lid are all dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. Plus, the components are BPA-free, making them safe to use to meet your family's nutritional needs.
The 350-watt motor will provide enough power to slice and cut through nuts, garlic, herbs, dressings, and salads without any difficulty. After using this model, you can wrap the cord under the chopper for convenient storage.
2. Salsa Master Food Chopper, Mixer, and Blender
- DESIGN – Our triple bladed Samurai chopping blades are made of surgical stainless steel that won’t bend or rust and are designed for...
- VERSATILE – Perfect for chopping veggies, nuts, herbs, salsa, hummus, guacamole and more. Chop onions in seconds without crying and garlic...
- EASY & COMPACT – Anyone can produce perfect results quickly and easily. There is no skill involved, no stretch required and no complicated...
- SAFE & CONVENIENT – A great alternative to electric food choppers that can be bulky, noisy, expensive, and hard to clean. The chopper’s...
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED – For over 25 years we have been manufacturing and providing the best products and services to our customers...
The Salsa Master Food Processor is another great option featuring sharp triple blades made from surgical stainless steel to chop the food fast and evenly. Rest assured, the blades won't rust or bend during use since they are made of high-quality materials. The skid-free base is designed to keep this Salsa Food Chopper in place so that it doesn't slide around because of the vibrations it produces.
This kitchen appliance comes with the largest capacity of food processors. It can accommodate five cups of veggies, nuts, herbs, or other edibles. As such, if you have a larger family, this food processor is the right choice for you. The oversized crank also makes the Salsa Master Food Chopper safer, easier to use, and more durable.
It can handle a wide variety of items like salsa, hummus, onions, and garlic. You can say goodbye to crying as you slice onions or the pungent smell of crushing garlic. This machine can run manually to let you chop your vegetables at the consistency you desire. A few spins will give you large chunks while you can puree the food to a fine level if you continue turning.
This machine features a compact design which means that you can safely store it in your kitchen cupboards or on the counter without taking up too much space. The components are removable to make this unit easy to clean, and the blades are concealed when the machine is running for safety.
3. BLACK+DECKER Electric Food Chopper
- 1.5 Cup Capacity - The perfect size for dip, salsa, pesto and more!
- Dishwasher-Safe Parts - Cleanup is simple with dishwasher-safe removable parts
- One-Touch Operation - The one-touch pulse control makes for simple chopping
- Safety Lock - The lid locks safely into place during operation
The BLACK+DECKER electric food chopper is another awesome pick featuring a 1.5 cup capacity which is a small but ideal size for dips, pesto, salsa, and other dishes. If you are shopping for an electric chopper for one, this model is a great option.
You won't have to hand-wash the entire appliance since it comes with dishwasher safe parts that you can detach for convenient cleaning. As a result, maintaining this BLACK+DECKER mini food chopper won't be much of a hassle.
It is easy to use this item since it features a one-touch operation mechanism that makes chopping up veggies an effortless task. For added safety, the lid locks in place as the machine runs to reduce the chances of accidents.
4. Cuisinart Mini Prep Plus Food Processor
- SUPERIOR FUNCTION: The Cuisinart 250-watt mini prep plus food processor quickly chops and grinds with a patented reversible stainless-steel...
- CONTROL: Push-button control panel with durable yet lightweight plastic body - Auto-reversing SmartPower blade for two powerful processing...
- EASY CLEAN UP: Dishwasher-safe bowl and lid for easy clean up, wipe the motor base clean with a damp sponge or cloth
- INCLUDED: Comes with a 24-ounce work bowl with handle, Stainless steel blade with sharp blunt edges, spatula and instruction/recipe book
- LIMITED 18-MONTH WARRANTY: Refer to user manual for troubleshooting steps and questions surrounding warranty policies – this product is...
Another excellent option if you are looking for a machine that can facilitate small food preparation is the Cuisinart Mini Food Processor. It can handle a wide range of kitchen tasks, including grinding, chopping, pureeing, blending, and emulsifying. The plastic body gives this appliance a lightweight build which makes it easy to handle.
The package includes a user manual, spatula, and recipe book, which means that you can start using this Cuisinart electric food chopper right out of the box. It has a powerful 250 Watt motor that can facilitate chopping, grinding and other tasks at high speed.
The control panel comes with a push-button for easy operation of this 3 cup food processor. The bowl, cover, spatula, and blade assembly can all go into the dishwasher for hands-free cleaning. You won't need a lot of space to store this unit since it has a compact design. There is a hidden cord storage compartment underneath the base that helps keep the cord out of the way on your kitchen counter.
5. Proctor Silex Durable Mini Food Processor
- PERFECT SIZE FOR EVERYDAY USE: The small 1.5 cup capacity of this food chopper makes it the perfect choice for everyday tasks. Use it to...
- EFFICIENTLY CHOP, PUREE & EMULSIFY: This little machine is ideal as a vegetable chopper but does much more. The stainless steel blades...
- CUSTOMIZE FOOD TEXTURE: Whether you want a smooth vegetable puree or chunky bits of onion and peppers for your salsa, you can easily...
- EASY TO CLEAN: The bowl, lid and removable blades are all dishwasher safe
- SAVES SPACE IN THE KITCHEN: The food chopper is small enough to leave out on the countertop or easily stow in the cabinet. No need to bring...
Finally, we have the Proctor Silex Durable Mini Food Processor, which is a 1.5 cup appliance. It is small enough to handle your daily requirements for sliced, diced, or chopped vegetables and meat. It might seem like a tiny chopper, but it can handle much more than most people think.
It has stainless steel blades that are sharp enough to cut through multiple ingredients such as carrots, garlic, onions, etc. As a result, this mini food processor will give you the exact texture you want in your food, whether you like it chunky or smooth. The pulse speed control will allow you to enjoy a customized food texture.
The lid, bowl, and detachable blades are all dishwasher safe, which means cleaning them won't be tedious. The small size of the food chopper will let you store it conveniently since it can fit in tiny spaces or storage cabinets. This appliance will cut your prep time and make it easier for you to prepare food in the kitchen.
Factors to Consider When Shopping for the Best Electric Food Chopper
1. Types of Food Choppers
There are two main forms an electric food processor can take depending on the power source; electric and battery types.
Electric food processors depend on electricity to power the motor. This means that they have a power cord that needs to be set up in an outlet. They can work tirelessly and can provide more consistent results in terms of texture and food size.
On the other hand, battery-operated processors rely on batteries to provide the power they need to operate. While they may not be as consistent as electric types, they don't require a power outlet and are therefore portable. They provide a lot of flexibility for the users since you can carry them around.
The first factor to keep in mind as you search for the best electric food chopper is the size. The size you need depends on your workload and the functions you want the appliance to carry out. You can choose between large, medium, and small food processors.
- Large Food Choppers
These are models with large work bowls that can accommodate between 12 and 16 cups of food. They have the strongest motors and huge feed tubes that facilitate the high performance of these units. The large size is ideal for preparing sizable amounts of salads and veggies.
A large electric food chopper is a great option if you have a large household. It will ensure you don't have to make your batches several times since they can accommodate a huge amount of food.
- Medium Food Processors
These processors have a work bowl that can accommodate between 7-11 cups of food. They are still considerably large and can do everything the large types can do with a smaller bowl and less powerful motor. If you prepare meals for two, the medium size units are a great option.
- Mini Choppers
Small food processors or mini choppers are the most common and feature a tiny work bowl that can fit under 7 cups of food. They are the best for handling simple food preparations like chopping up onion and garlic, grinding dried fruit and nuts, and pureeing tomatoes.
3. Blade Performance
The blades of the best units should be strong and sharp enough to cut through various materials without bending or dulling. That is why most models use stainless steel blades since they are durable and can remain sharp even after years of use.
Additionally, the blades should be removable to allow you to change them when you deem it necessary. The blade set inside your appliance should also be capable of mixing solid and liquid ingredients without leaving mixing gaps.
The price of electric food processors varies from as little as $20 to as much as $400. The exact cost will depend on the features and functions the unit can perform. If you want a simple but functional unit without numerous luxury features, you can go for cheaper and more affordable options. However, if you prefer a high-performing model infused with numerous accessories, you can go for the more expensive ones.
The price doesn't necessarily translate to quality since you can find a good model for about $50. At the same time, some expensive units can give you many problems depending on the brand you select.
5. Ease of Use
In your search for the perfect food processor, you must consider the ease of operation. You don't want to get stuck with a model whose controls and settings you find complex. This will only give you a hard time in the kitchen when these appliances should make work easier.
Most of the electric choppers in this article use an easy press or push-button mechanism to turn them on and off. These will be easy enough for you to use without even reading the manual.
You want a unit that you can easily assemble and disassemble without any trouble. Plus, the bowl and lids should have a locking mechanism to keep them in place when the appliance is running. As such, you should first ensure that you can operate the model you choose intuitively.
6. Ease of Cleaning
An electric food chopper with removable parts will come in handy, especially when you want to clean it after use. Most detachable components are dishwasher safe to make it easier for users to clean them. So, you should opt for a model whose container, lid, and blades can be removed for thorough washing.
A model without detachable parts will be a hassle to maintain since you'll have to hand wash it with soapy water. This can be quite tedious and is avoidable if you select one that is easy to clean.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Which electric chopper is best?
The 1. Hamilton Beach Mini-Food Processor & Vegetable Chopper is the best electric chopper we've reviewed in this article.
2. Do food choppers work?
Yes, they do. They can perform several tasks like chopping vegetables, dicing herbs for dips, making salsas and dressings, chopping nuts, and making breadcrumbs.
3. Can I use a chopper instead of a food processor?
Yes, you can. However, choppers cannot puree or liquefy food as a processor can.