Whether you normally use hairdryers and stylers, or not, a hairbrush is a tool you cannot do without. Chances are you use it several times a day, meaning it's pretty important to find one that can be both functional and friendly for your hair. Wooden hair brushes are a tried-and-tested option, so we've put together an extensive guide for the best wooden hair brush so that you can find the perfect one to style your hair free of frizz or hair loss.
Why a Wooden Hair Brush?
Using a generic brush can cause a lot of damage to your hair without your knowledge. Ideally, you want a brush that gently massages your hair, restores natural oils in your scalp and equally promotes hair growth.
There are many good reasons why a wooden hair brush is the healthiest option for your hair:
Wooden hair brushes produce far less static than metal and plastic bristles. Static leads to fly-aways that are difficult to smooth down, as well as frizz and constant tangling. Instead, a wooden hair brush ensures that your hair lies still.
Plastic bristles usually have sharp corners and edges; even the smallest can pull and tear hair strands. Wooden bristles with round ends are far gentler and safer for detangling hair.
Spreads Natural Oils Better
Wooden bristles spread natural oil (sebum) better over the strands. This leaves your hair shiny and healthy while protecting your hair and preventing it from drying and breaking.
Round wooden bristles stimulate blood flow to the scalp, which gives the hair follicles more nutrition, thus they produce sebum. This boosts hair growth, leaving you with healthier, moisturized hair.
Bamboo is arguably the most suitable material to make hair brushes as it grows faster than trees and is also fully recyclable. Furthermore, bamboo hair brushes come with antibacterial and antifungal properties, meaning you end up using fewer products to keep your hair healthy.
Wooden vs. Plastic Hair Brushes
So what's the problem with plastic hair brushes? For starters, they are made from synthetic materials whose production is unfriendly to the environment. Second, these brushes are notorious for causing frizz and static, which causes hair breakage and damage. Furthermore, they are not as gentle on the hair as wooden or boar bristles, often pulling and snagging hair.
On the other hand, while wooden hairbrushes may be a bit costlier than plastic ones, they make up with tons of benefits that promote healthy hair growth. However, it still can be a bit confusing to choose the perfect one with tens of options in the market. This article dives into the best wooden hair brushes available so that you can find what suits you best.
Are Wooden Hair Brush Better?
Buy On Amazon
1. Sofmild Natural Bamboo Wood Hair Brush
- ECO FRIENDLY DESIGN: 100 percent bamboo hairbrush made with natural rubber and sustainable bamboo. Bamboo pins will not damage the hair like...
- WOODEN BRISTLE BRUSH : Rounded ends wooden bristles which help to naturally condition your hair, and evenly distribute your hair’s natural...
- HAIR COMBS: Combs for women, man, child. Tail comb can help you detangle, part, section, style, lift and more, suitable for wide range of...
- PERFECT GIFT IDEA: Works on wet, dry, Long, short, thick, curly, and straight hair. Perfect gift for Valentines Day, Mother's Day,...
- EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE: We ensure 100 percent money back assurance, in case if you encounter any problem with natural hair brush. We...
This great hair brush is made of 100% biodegradable bamboo and natural rubber materials. The bristles have rounded ends for spreading sebum while brushing, thus conditioning your hair. Furthermore, the rounded bamboo pins are great for massaging the scalp evenly and gently, removing split ends and boosting your hair's sheen.
The Sofmild Natural Bamboo Wood Hair Brush is suitable for all hair types. It detangles hair effortlessly without pulling your delicate strands, which can lead to scalp damage. It also comes with a styling tail comb that's pretty handy for styling and sectioning. Plus, you can also use the tail of the teasing comb to remove hair stuck in the bristles.
This bamboo hair brush is carved and sanded delicately to give you a unique texture for a stable and comfortable grip. More so, it has an ergonomic cork handle that minimizes stress on your hand and shoulder while using it.
2. BFWood Bamboo Brush
- Size:9.06x2.76inches. Designed for normal, thick, and curly hair styling brush
- Begin brushing a few inches from the hair ends, and gently detangle knots first
- Bamboo handle with bamboo bristles stimulate scalp and blood flow
- Made of durable natural bamboo
- Perfect gift in well-designed box
BFWood is incredibly popular for its high-quality beard brushes. Recently, the brands has been causing ripples with one of the best wooden hair brushes available on the market. The BFWood hair brush not only combs hair gently but also massages the scalp and promotes hair growth.
It comes with natural bamboo bristles that gently detangle your hair and smoothen your hair strands, thus preventing split-ends and hair loss. Its padded cushion has one hole and wide gaps for better air circulation when brushing. That also means it works smoothly for all hair types, both thin and thick hair.
This wooden hairbrush is the epitome of form and function. It comes in an elegant box, making it an excellent gift as well. More so, when you're first opening the box, the bamboo hair brush gives off a strong, pleasant smell that, unfortunately, fades away with time.
3. Nipoo Wooden Hair Brus
- SHINY AND SMOOTH HAIR : Help to condition your hair, and evenly distribute your hair’s oils down the hair shaft. Your hair will look...
- DELICATE DETANGLING : With round ends are far gentler than plastic bristles. Since the gap is wide, they are less likely to break the hair...
- MASSAGE SCALP : Massage made by rounded ends stimulates blood flow to the scalp and boosts hair growth. Besides, with more blood hair...
- LESS STATIC : Produce less static than plastic brushes and combs.
- SUITABLE FOR ALMOST HAIR TYPES : Whether you have long, short, thick hair or thin hair, this hairbrush is perfect for you. Proper length and...
This wooden brush is designed to make your hair soft and shiny all the way. It has round-tipped bristles that stimulate blood flow in your scalp, thus stimulating the release of natural sebum and promoting hair growth. Furthermore, it's also safe to use for kids, making it an excellent styling tool for the whole family.
It's suitable for all hair types, particularly people with long, loose curls. The brush has wider-spaced bristles that reduce static, thus little to no frizz and tangles. Additionally, the padded cushion has a small air ventilation hole that balances air pressure, delivers more elasticity and improves the massage experience.
It also comes with a complimentary travel-size brush to cap it off. The smaller brush works just as well, so you can have it in your purse for quick hair re-dos on the go.
4. VKLW Natural Wood Brush
- Material:Hand polished wood results in unique patterns. No two combs are alike. Handmade craftsmanship ensures the combs teeth are not very...
- Benefits:Anti Static wooden Hair Brush and peach wooden comb,not hurt hair,massage scalp stimulates blood flow to improve your hair...
- Whole Piece Wood:the wooden combs are made of a whole piece of peach wood, not made of two pieces of wood mosaic;high quality silicone...
- Usable Range:works on all hair types,for men and women ,perfect for wet or dry hair,and perfect gift for your dad, brother, boyfriend, or...
- Friendly remind and wood comb care information:Made of a whole piece of natural wood,which was been made by manual polishing,no any paint.so...
This impressive wooden hairbrush is a pretty neat deal; it comes as a set of one hairbrush and two combs. The brush is made from 100% beech wood and a silicone cushion with air ventilation holes for good air circulation. These holes are come in help during direct heat application to protect the hair cuticles, especially when blow-drying.
The combs are carved from a single block of wood mosaic, allowing the manufacturer to shape the gentle teeth that protect the scalp. They are anti-static as well, meaning you don't have to worry about frizz. Furthermore, regular combing and brushing reduces brittleness, dandruff, hair loss and split ends, leaving you with shiny, bouncy hair.
Both combs and the brush suit all men's and women's hair types. They also work superbly for either wet or dry hair. Additionally, they're pretty durable, so you can rest assured of top performance for a long time. Plus, they are pretty light and versatile, making them the ideal on-the-go wooden brushes.
5. GranNaturals Wooden Bristle Detangler Hairbrush
- DETANGLE YOUR HAIR WITH NO PAIN: Perfect for women and children with thick curly and long hair.
- WORKS GREAT WITH WET & DRY HAIR:Untangle and condition your hair and scalp naturally.
- ECO-FRIENDLY, NATURAL & COMPACT:Throw it in your purse and take it with you everywhere you go.
- REJUVENATE YOUR DRY & DAMAGED HAIR: Let the wooden bristles distribute the natural oils in your hair.
- LOVE IT OR YOUR MONEY BACK: Not 110% thrilled with your purchase? Let us know and we’ll make it right!
If you're looking at compact, lightweight, wooden brushes, it's harder to find a better option. It's designed as a versatile brush that you can easily carry in a small purse or handbag. The GranNaturals Wooden Bristle Detangler Hairbrush is a 100% natural and eco-friendly product made of a wooden base and bristles.
The wooden bristles are quite smooth and gentle at detangling hair, eliminating painful pulls, especially for thick, curly hair. They also gently massage the scalp, which stimulates natural sebum release to keep your cuticles shiny and frizz-free. This promotes blood circulation to the hair follicles to promote hair growth.
This natural bristle brush is safe for use for men and women with both wet and dry hair. It also features an ergonomic handle for a solid grip during brushing and styling while reducing stress on your arm. Furthermore, it comes with a money-back guarantee if you're unsatisfied with the product.
What to Look for in a Wooden Hair Brush
1. Hair Type
Wooden hair brushes are perfect for practically any type of hair because they are gentle and promote healthy shiny hair. However, a few subtle differences can help get the most out of wooden hairbrushes.
People with curly hair are better off using wide-toothed brushes as this allows for gentler gliding through the strands without pulling. Conversely1,600.00, people with fine hair should use, small, rounded bristles.
2. Wood Type
Wooden hair brushes are typically made entirely from wood. However, there are several wood options to choose from. The best wooden hair brushes are made from bamboo, beech or sandalwood.
Wooden bristles are usually spaced wider. They're ideal for fine hair or combing out damp hair since they don't snag and pull hair.
Still, the brush bristles don't always have to be made of wood. Natural boar bristles are an equally good alternative. These bristles are just as gentle on hair and anti-static to prevent flyaway problems.
3. Brush Size and Shape
Large paddle brushes are often more favorable for people with long and thick hair. Smaller versions are more travel-friendly and ideal for those who are always on the move. Vented hair brushes are most suitable if you want to style your hair.
How to Use and Clean a Wooden Hair Brush
Using the best wooden hair brushes is pretty straightforward; you simply brush from root to tip as you normally do. Since they also glide through hair effortlessly, there's no need to pull vigorously or rush the job.
Getting the true benefits of a wooden hair brush involves keeping it clean constantly. Otherwise, products and natural oils can build up over time and diminish the gains. The following tips are key in taking good care of your wooden hairbrush for longevity:
- Always wipe out any hair strands leftover on the brush.
- Dip the hairbrush in warm, soapy water every week, especially after removing the leftover strands.
- Use your finger or a cloth to loosen any debris stuck in between the bristles.
- Rinse the brush thoroughly.
- Wipe off excess water and allow it to air dry.
Frequently Asked Questions on Wooden Hair Brushes
1. Why is a wooden brush the right choice for my hair?
Mainly because it promotes healthy hair growth for most hair types. Second, it doesn't cause hair damage. Furthermore, if you have damaged or dry hair, a wooden hairbrush redistributes natural oils from your scalp to your hair tips, hence moisturizing and nourishing it.
Additionally, a wooden brush is ideal for curly hair since the wide pins glide through without snagging and pulling hair.
2. Can you use a wooden brush on wet hair?
Yes. A wooden hairbrush is pretty gentle at detangling, making it much easier on wet or damp hair.
3. Why are Tek wooden hair brushes popular?
Mostly because of their beneficial properties:
- Massage scalp and promote blood circulation
- Help with hair impurities
- Absorb excess sebum
Moreover, their pins don't rip strands, which causes hair breakage. On top of that, the rubber cushion allows you to brush your hair gently and comfortably while also reinforcing hair roots.
4. Why are wooden brushes ideal for baby hair?
The best wooden brushes spread natural oils from the scalp to the hair tips, keeping the baby's hair healthy, soft and conditioned. They also protect the baby's delicate hair tresses from breakage, promoting healthy hair growth.
Their smooth texture with wider-spaced bristles allows them to glide easily over a baby's hair, thus allowing for painless detangling. Furthermore, since the brushes are generally gentle on the baby's scalp, the massaging action can be pretty soothing to a child.
Featured Image Source: flickr.com