For any professional or home kitchen, a good pair of poultry shears are an excellent investment. These great heavy-duty kitchen scissors are used with steak, pork, fish, shellfish, vegetables, and herbs, as well as fowl like chicken or turkey.
The best poultry sheers are used to snip through thick skin, slide through thick meat, and cut through bone. The best poultry shears are also used for various household duties such as cutting up cardboard, hard plastic and trimming flowers in the garden.
What is the Best Way to Sharpen Poultry Shears?
In terms of disassembly, sharpening poultry shears is slightly more complicated than sharpening a knife. The blades of most poultry shears are held together by a nut or clasp. Begin by removing this section, which will separate the shears into two blades.
Treat them as you would any other high-quality metals from here on out. For example, if you're conducting top-to-bottom restoration work, use a honing iron and a sharpening iron together. A dual serrated edge is also available on some poultry shears.
Why do I need Poultry Shears?
If you want to understand the finer details of poultry butchering, you'll need poultry shears. Spatchcocking or butterflying a raw chicken, goose, or duck necessitates the use of special shears that can cut through bird bones. Poultry bones differ structurally from beef and pork bones for the uninitiated.
Pneumatic bones are found in birds and allow for the flow of air to aid with respiratory function. Whether spatchcocking or butterflying, chicken bones must be handled with particular instruments.
They're delicate, and if not handled properly, they can snap. So, say goodbye to your old butcher knife and hello to the best poultry shears that are more comfortable, efficient, and less prone to injury.
The Best Poultry Shears
1. iBayam 2-Pack Heavy Duty All-Purpose Stainless Steel Food Scissors
- ALL PURPOSE KITCHEN SCISSORS: Heavy duty 8.5" super sharp kitchen shears, Valued 2-Pack in one set, soft comfort-Grip handles. Great...
- STAINLESS STEEL SHARP BLADES: high quality hardened stainless steel blades easily cut through cardboard, twine, food, meat, vegetables,...
- COMFORT GRIP HANDLE: The ergonomically designed handle is shaped for comfort and features a soft grip coating for stability. Cushioning pads...
- VERSATILE COLORFUL kitchen scissors, black red, black grey. Different color handles can be used in different places, 2 special scissors are...
- DISHWASHER SAFE: Hand Wash is recommended but these kitchen scissors shears are dishwasher safe. Come with One Year Hassle-Free Replacement...
iBayam heavy-duty,ultra-sharp poultry shears are 8.5" and come in a 2-pack. Great all-purpose scissors for general kitchen use. They can readily cut through cardboard, twine, food, cooked/raw meat, veggies, chicken, turkey, poultry, fish, herbs, seafood, BBQ, food packaging bags, and more. They are made of food-grade stainless steel blades.
They are all excellent choices for food scissors, meat scissors, kitchen scissors, cooking shears, poultry scissors and utility scissors. Turkey is a great gift for Thanksgiving and Christmas. The ergonomically designed handle has a soft grip coating for stability and is tailored for comfort.
While cutting, the grip's cushioning pads absorb pressure. The colorful, versatile kitchen scissors are available in multiple colors. Although hand washing is preferred, these versatile poultry shears can also be washed in the dishwasher.
2. Acelone Premium Multi-function Heavy Duty Shears
Multi-functional kitchen scissors from Acelone are safe. It's tiny and light, making it easy to transport, taking up little space, and adding no more weight to the family picnic or BBQ. They're also a wonderful substitute for other tools. The little steel teeth on the handle are used to shatter nuts or open screw-top or crown-cap bottle tops.
The poultry shears are 8 inches in total length and dishwasher safe. The high-quality stainless steel micro-serrated blades aid the scissors' grip. The blade is 3.3 inches long. These kitchen scissors have a variety of functions and are very easy to use.
It has hundreds of applications, from snipping herbs to butterflying raw chicken to opening bottles to cracking nuts. It can save time and enhance efficiency for individuals who frequently work in the kitchen. In addition, people who are not skilled cooks may experience the fun of producing food by themselves.
3. Mairico Ultra Sharp Premium Multi-Purpose Heavy Duty Kitchen Shears
The razor-sharp blades deliver sharp cuts with little effort. As a result, it excels at all primary kitchen duties, including butterflying birds, cutting meat, chicken, poultry bones, vegetables, fish, herbs, and so on. It is a fantastic performer in and out of the kitchen, thanks to its high-quality blades.
In addition, it has incredible sharpness as each cut is buttery smooth and pleasantly surprising. You'd want to use it everywhere since it's so sharp and requires so little work. You'll need an extra pair for cutting cardboard, papers, goods boxes', strong plastic, and clipping rose stems, among other things.
Opening bottles and splitting nuts are two typical kitchen demands that are met by these kitchen shears. The professional design makes it feel comfortable and light. It's made of rust- and corrosion-resistant premium, robust, top-grade stainless steel. Its handles are made to provide a sturdy, comfortable, and non-slippery grip. You can hand wash them or wash them in the dishwasher.
4. Spring Chef Kitchen Shears with Blade Cover
- Gold Standard In Kitchen Products - Sharp, precise cuts are literally at your fingertips. These shears require very little effort and make...
- The Swiss Army Knife For The Kitchen - Multi-purpose scissors that can cut chicken/poultry, meat, vegetables, fresh and dried fruits, herbs,...
- A Cut Above The Rest - These are built to last and will never falter or hesitate as you snip. Try them to cut toppings for a salad, cut...
- Cut Down On Prep Time - Quick and efficient to get your meals prepared fast. Reduces the need to drag out a cutting board and larger knife,...
- Shear Delight - You'll wonder how you ever did without these and may find yourself using them several times to prepare a single meal. They...
Razor-sharp and precise cutting are literally at your fingertips. These shears are easy to use and make jobs in the kitchen, house, and yard effortless. They're sturdy and well-made, with stainless steel blades that won't rust. Chicken, meat, vegetables, fruits, herbs and flower stems can all be sliced using these multi-purpose scissors.
It has a built-in bottle opener that is used to pry open nuts. It is made to last and won't let you down when you're snipping. You might also find yourself utilizing them for other things like cutting cardboard, paper, foil, or milk jugs. They cut through materials like butter and are up to any task thanks to their ergonomic, easy-to-grip handles.
It saves time and effort by removing the need for a cutting board and a larger knife from the equation. Instead, foods are cut directly into a bowl or cooker. They're simple to use and include a blade cover to keep your shears and hands safe. Comfortable, symmetrical handles fit as well in the left or right hand. They're also dishwasher safe.
5. Heavy-Duty Utility Come Apart Kitchen Shears - 9.25 Inch Long
- ✅ VERSATILE AND EASY TO CLEAN: Kitchen scissors that can be taken apart are the only kitchen scissors sanitary enough for food prep. Being...
- ✅ SHARP BLADES, NO RUST: The micro-serrated blade allows for better gripping of slippery materials. The kitchen shears’ blades are...
- ✅ HEAVY DUTY KITCHEN SHEARS: The blades are extra thick (3 mm compared with 2 mm from other brands) and large handle for added strength...
- ✅ UTILITY SCISSORS: Aside from the standard kitchen snips, there are also specialty cutters for poultry, fish and herbs. Include...
- ✅ COMFORTABLE HANDLES: The large, slightly rubbery handles are not only comfortable to hold, but they also reduce stress on your hands and...
Gerior take-apart kitchen scissors are built to meet all of your needs! The detachable blades are safe and effective for easy cleaning. In addition, there are built-in specialty cutters for chicken, fish, and herbs. The grip texture keeps your hand in place. It has a slightly rubbery plastic handle that is comfortable to use. It's made for both left and right-handed people.
One of the scissor blades also functions as a vegetable peeler. The serrated grip between the handles is ideal for cracking larger bones or nuts. In addition, the bottom of the handle has tabs that may be used as a bottle opener, can opener, and even a screwdriver!
The cushioned grip provides a comfortable cutting experience and keeps you in control, while the sharp, micro-serrated blade cuts quickly and easily without slipping. The ability to separate the blades makes sharpening a lot easier. In addition, the blades are made of rust-resistant, high-quality food-grade stainless steel.
6. Oxo Good Grips Spring-Loaded Poultry Shears
- Suctions directly to the table, making it nearly impossible for small hands to remove
- Suction and non-slip base minimize messes during mealtime
- 100% food-grade silicone suction pad removes for easy and thorough cleaning
- Dishwasher and microwave safe
- BPA, phthalate and PVC free
The Oxo good grips spring-loaded poultry shear is an all-around performer that will make your meat cutting and trimming duties a breeze. The curved and tapered blades make trimming meats from those hard-to-reach spots a breeze.
Thanks to its heavy-duty brushed stainless steel constriction, the blade quality is impressive. The Oxo good grips spring-loaded mechanism makes the meat trimming procedure convenient and efficient. When working with thick bones, this device allows you to have more control over the shear.
7. Poultry Shears -Spring Loaded Heavy Duty Kitchen Scissors
- ✅Easy Come-Apart For Cleaning, Spring Loaded: With 3-mode design, the blades can be easily taken apart for throughout cleaning in the...
- ✅Multipurpose - Your kitchen tasks will become so much easier, such as slicing through raw meat or tough tendons, butterflying a whole...
- ✅German CNC Technology, Strong Design - These utility scissors feature anti-slip, micro-serrated blades to allow for a firmly secure grip...
- ✅Heavy Duty Construction - With 9.35 Inch long, 3mm blades thickness, engineered for perfection and built to last a lifetime, our high...
- ✅Lifetime Guarantee - If for any reason you’re not satisfied with the chicken shears, send us a message and we will give you your money...
Discover the Gerior poultry shears with blades made of high-quality stainless steel and German CNC technology finished to perfection. They have a humanized locking mechanism. They are spring-loaded, making it easier to cut meat, meals, and vegetables. In addition, it's simple to take apart for cleaning.
It comes in a large size, with a unique shape for cutting chicken and poultry bones. It's pretty pleasant to hold when processing food because the grip is well suited to the contour of your hand. Wash these kitchen scissors by hand and dry them well after washing so that the blades remain super sharp.
The blades will dull if they come into contact with another metal. Don't store them in your kitchen utensil drawer. The shears will fit perfectly in a knife block. Keep them in a separate drawer from the other utensils if they don't fit in the block.
8. Tansung Come-apart Poultry Shears with Soft Grip Handles
- 【MULTIPURPOSE EFFICIENCY BOOSTER】- The multi-functional kitchen shears improve your food prep efficiency by saving time to shift back...
- 【HI-TECH PRODUCTION】- The shears made by CNC technology represent premium quality and delicate aesthetics. Crafted from 5Cr15MoV...
- 【HEAVY DUTY KITCHEN TRANSFORMER】- The 3-mode lock design empowers your heavy duty shears under different situations. On locking mode,...
- 【COMFORTABLY STYLISH】- The shears and the package are both unique inside-out. Larger size of grips with meticulously stylish pattern...
- 【LIFETIME WARRANTY & 100% MONEY BACK SERVICE】- We strive to create the products that MAKE U SMILE, so if we cannot satisfy your needs...
Heavy-duty stainless steel poultry shears from Tansung with blade separation mechanism. Both blades have a serrated edge for better holding of slippery materials. They are multi-purpose with a non-slip handle design.
The Tansung poultry shears are safe to use whether you're left-handed or right-handed. Hand-wash and completely dry your shears before putting them away to help keep them sharp. The humanized and adjustable lock design helps secure scissors and makes cutting easier.
The poultry shear micro-serrated blades are used on food products, fish, and poultry and have a take-apart construction that enables cleaning and resharpening easier. They eliminate the need to go back and forth between different instruments. The multi-functional kitchen shears increase your food processing efficiency.
9. Spring Loaded Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Poultry Shears
- NEW PACKAGE DESIGN**NEW BASTING BRUSH COLOR-BLACK. SLICE ANYTHING* EASILY WITHOUT TIRING YOUR HANDS: The comfortable heavy-duty handles are...
- DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME SWITCHING BETWEEN BONING KNIVES AND CLEAVERS, THESE SCISSORS ARE THE BEST ALL-PURPOSE CULINARY PREP TOOL! The...
- STAINLESS STEEL WON’T RUST AND PREVENT DISEASES WITH EASY CLEANING: Silver Armadillo's Poultry Scissors are made to last a lifetime with...
- YOUR LOVED ONES WILL THANK YOU FOR THIS THOUGHTFUL AND USEFUL GIFT: Give the Gift of Chef Grade Poultry Scissors to any cooking enthusiast...
- GET A SILICONE BASTING BRUSH AS A FREE GIFT WITH YOUR PURCHASE: When you order the Poultry Scissors by Silver Armadillo we’re including a...
Silver Armadillo has created a product that will take your meal preparation to the next level with this set of premium meat shears. This excellent culinary versatile equipment is required in any kitchen, whether you routinely prepare chicken or other poultry, meat, fish, or vegetables. They are adaptable they are. The scissors have a robust, durable, and dependable spring that will endure for years.
They help you prepare food faster in the kitchen or outside. With the scissors' robust single-piece construction and hardwood grips, you'll be able to complete even the most challenging cooking tasks with ease. The ultra-sharp blades remain closed and stored thanks to the scissors' safety locking grips safely. The lock mechanism is simple and easy to use.
How to Select the Best Poultry Shears
1. Straight Blade vs. Curved Blade
Poultry shears are divided into two categories. Kitchen shears with straight blades that are shorter than curved blades and poultry shears with long curved blades. Poultry shears have curved blades, one straight and one serrated.
They cut and snip through an entire chicken with ease while maintaining a good firm cutting edge in slippery meat. Straight-bladed kitchen shears have pointed blades. They are meant for piercing through thick flesh or poultry skin. They can even cut up a spatchcock swiftly.
A pair of poultry shears have a particular design that distinguishes them from regular kitchen scissors. The shears contain a pivot point that adds strength to the tool. It allows it to cut through tough flesh and bones with ease. In addition, the handles are larger and more oblong, making them easier to grip.
The "pull-apart" design is one of the most stunning aspects of a pair of poultry shears. You may unscrew the tightening mechanism on the shears to split the blades and turn them into two different knives. Other cutting chores, such as chopping vegetables, can be accomplished with separate blades.
This design makes it easier to clean the shears and prevents bacteria from growing between the blades. In addition, the blades are resharpened with ease because of the "pull-apart" feature. Finally, attach the blades, tighten the screw, and store the shears safely in your kitchen drawer once you've finished cleaning and sharpening them.
Any cutting tool should be made of stainless steel or high carbon steel because they are robust and durable. In addition, high carbon stainless steel blades are tough, making them ideal for cutting and deboning a tough chicken.
Even though stainless steel is very rust resistant and corrosion resistant, it can rust. If the blades are left in hot water and not properly dried or washed in a dishwasher with harsh detergents, they can rust. As a result, it's advisable to wash and dry the shears by hand.
4. Blade Safety
Any form of cutting equipment should have additional safety measures to help you work more efficiently. For example, a safety measure found in poultry shears is a lock that keeps the blades safely closed in the kitchen drawer. A bolt or other tightening device might help maintain the blades aligned during the cutting process. One blade may have a bone slot that makes it easier to hold chicken bones.
5. Ergonomic Handles
Handles should be comfortable to hold and have easy-gripping surfaces to reduce hand fatigue. For example, the Oxo good grips spring loaded poultry shears have a spring-assisted handle and a handle loop bolster. They are good features for heavy-duty cutting chores.
6. Other Features
The blades of most poultry shears have serrated edges. They are used to open bottles and jars, as well as crack nuts and seafood.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
1. What Else can a Poultry Shear be Used for?
Poultry shears are useful for a lot more than chopping up a bird. The shears are also be used for deboning chicken thighs, slicing wings, and trimming fat from deep-fried chicken. In addition, poultry shears are a versatile culinary tool that can also process herbs and vegetables.
2. What's the Best Way to Clean Poultry Shears?
Poultry shears must be carefully cleaned after each use. Because of their vulnerability to diseases, both poultry and waterfowl require extra attention in the kitchen. Soap and hot water should be used to clean your shears. Pay particular attention to any serrated blade, as well as the blade guard or grip.
When chopping up a chicken, a chunk of fat or something similar will frequently be pushed to this spot on the shears. Finally, dry your shears with a paper towel. Make sure to go into any cracks and disassemble the blades as if you were sharpening them. Water can wreak havoc on sensitive instruments such as poultry shears.