The best electric frying pan, also called an electric skillet, is a kitchen appliance you can use to pan fry, deep fry, steam, grill, or saute foods. Electric skillets are very easy to use; you need a recipe, and once you've prepared all ingredients, plug your skillet into a power source for it to conduct heat, and you will be ready to cook.
Electric frying pans come in different sizes and shapes and have different additional features you can choose from. They are ideal for small and large families and are sold at affordable prices. In many instances, the best electric frying pans help you save energy more than other cooking appliances in your home.
If you are looking to buy the best electric skillet, this article will share the best five on the market and review them in deep detail, so you understand the pros and cons of each. Additionally, you will also learn a few tips to help you buy the best skillet.
Best Electric Frying Pan for Easy Food Preparation
1. Best Overall: Presto 06857 16-inch Electric Frying Pan
- Heavy cast aluminum base features a deluxe nonstick surface, inside & out. skillet pan & cover are dishwasher safe with the heat control...
- Built-in spout for pouring liquids from skillet doubles as a spoon & spatula holder when cooking & serving.
- Fold down handles to detach skillet pan from base. with handles folded in, the base & handles store in skillet for compact storage.
- Dimensions: 19. 81" x 12. 25" x 8. 06"; Pan dimensions: 15. 75" x 11. 87" x 2. 87" approximately
- Tempered glass cover & stay-cool handles allow skillet to double as a buffet server
If you look forward to cooking for a larger group of people, this 16-inch Presto electric skillet is your best buy in 2021. With its large cooking surface, you will be able to prepare many types of foods in it and even use it in the oven to bake your lasagnas and more.
It features a heavy cask aluminum base with a premium non-stick coating, which ensures you can cook all foods evenly without them sticking on the surfaces. Additionally, the non-stick coating is easy to clean and maintain.
This electric foldaway skillet also comes with an anti-scratch tempered glass lid that allows you to observe your meals as they get cooked. On one side, it also features a pour spout that you can double as a spatula holder. The skillet comes with cool-touch handles on each side, and they can also fold down.
When you fold down the handles, you will easily remove the skillet pan for cleaning, which you can do in the dishwasher. The skillet comes with a removable thermostat control probe, which needs to be removed before cleaning the appliance.
This electric frying pan supports a temperature of up to 4oo°F, which allows it to handle different cooking modes, including deep frying. On the downside, its lid lacks a steam vent which makes it extremely hot when cooking. Ensure you uncover the lid slowly and with a potholder to prevent burn injuries on your hands or from the trapped steam.
2. Best Multi-Functional: Zojirushi EP-RAC50 Gourmet d'Expert 1350-Watt Electric Skillet
- 1350-watt multi-functional electric skillet with tempered glass lid
- Titanium-ceramic nonstick-coated flat plate for grilling
- Deep-dish inner pan for making soup or fondue; adjustable-height steaming plate
- Adjustable temperature control; stay-cool side handles; recipes included
- Measures 15 by 17-1/2 by 8-1/8 with the pan, 1-year limited warranty
If you want an electric skillet for different functions, this Zojirushi gourmet d'expert electric skillet model is your best buy. It has two cooking plates for deep-frying and grilling. It sports a stainless steel outer material, while the inside of the cooking surface is a ceramic surface enhanced with a non-stick coating.
The skillet comes with a detachable power cord, a user manual, and a temperature variable of 176°F (Keep Warm) to 480°F. Through the skillet's tempered glass lid, you will be able to observe the cooking process without unnecessarily opening the pan.
With this electric skillet, you can cook at the dining table or disassemble the pans to use on the stovetop burner. When using the deep pan for soups and fondues or the flat plate for veggies and more, you can use the adjustable steaming vent for even, safe, and healthy cooking.
The skillet comes with cool-touch handles that allow you to carry it without burning your fingers. As a non-stick cooking surface, the skillet is easy to clean once to disassemble the different parts.
3. Best Non-Stick: BELLA Electric Ceramic Titanium Skillet
- ELECTRIC SKILLET: This hardworking skillet features a 1200 watt heating system, cast aluminum base & dishwasher safe tempered glass lid....
- DURABLE & EFFICIENT: This skillet's unique ceramic non-stick coating is 8 times more durable & cooks up to 30% faster than standard...
- KITCHEN ESSENTIAL: This multi-functional unit is a must for every kitchen. It can roast, fry, sauté, steam or be used as a buffet. It's...
- KITCHEN ESSENTIALS: BELLA offers a full range of high-quality products including air fryers, waffle irons, toasters, coffee makers, electric...
- MIX IT UP: The kitchen should be fun. With BELLA It can be. We provide you with quick & convenient kitchen solutions to simplify your hectic...
This 12-inch electric skillet is your best buy if you want a skillet that heats faster and cooks 30% faster than other non-stick types. It comes with a 1200-watt heating system and an easy-to-use thermostat control that allows 300°F to 450°F variables.
It is made with a cast aluminum base and finished off with copper titanium coating for longevity. The good-looking skillet is fully immersible in water, so cleaning after use is a breeze. It also comes with a dishwasher-safe tempered glass lid with a handle.
On each side of the skillet are cool-touch handles that make handling the appliance easy and safe. The skillet is an ideal multi-functional kitchen appliance you can use to fry, saute, roast, and steam food during a party. The temperature controller gives you the option to keep food warm after it is cooked. However, reaching and rotating the controller itself can be tough since it is located under the handle.
Apart from the difficult-to-see temperature controller, the only other drawbacks of this electric frying pan are that it is not dishwasher safe (only the lid is). It also comes with a short power cord that could limit your flexibility in the kitchen.
4. Best Small: Nesco ES-08 Electric Skillet
- 8-Inch electric skillet with deep interior for roasting or frying
- Easy to read, adjustable temperature control
- Nonstick interior for easy cleanup
- Sturdy glass lid with stay cool handle and safety vent
- Wash the skillet with a soft soapy dish cloth. Rinse well and dry. Do not immerse skillet in water or place in dishwasher. Only the lid is...
It is your best buy if you only want to prepare small meals with your electric frying pan. It is an 8-inch skillet with a rectangular shape and small enough to take minimal space on your kitchen counter.
It is made with die-cast aluminum, with the cooking space finished off with a Premium Whitford non-stick PFOA-free coating. It also features a sturdy glass lid that allows you to observe food as it cooks inside the skillet.
This electric frying pan allows adjustable temperature control using the thermostat temperature control that also comes with a pilot light. With the ideal temperature range, you will be able to sear, roast, fry, steam, and even bake your favorite foods.
It also comes with cool-touch handles on the sides and a glass lid for safe handling. The appliance is easy to clean with warm soapy water, while the glass lid is dishwasher friendly.
5. Best Large: Elite Gourmet EG-6203 16-Inch Rectangular Electric Skillet with Tempered Glass Lid
Thie EG-6203 electric skillet is your best buy if you want o cook for at least six people. It measures 16" x 13" x 3.15" and features a PFOA FREE marbleized honeycomb cooking surface which is ideal for flipping and stirring but not so much for searing.
However, the non-stick cooking surface is scratch-resistant and therefore strong and durable. It is supported by a thick aluminum cast body that resists warping or rusting. This skillet is splatter-proof with the deep 3015-inch walls and, thus, an essential home kitchen appliance.
The electric frying pan comes with cool-touch handles on the sides to protect your hands against burns. Additionally, it also comes with a tempered glass lid to lock in flavors and nutrients. The lid features a steam vent and a pour spout to let you drain excess juices from your foods.
It comes with a fully embedded heating element that enables rapid and even heat distribution throughout the pan for even cooking. The Trigger-Release control probe lets you pinpoint your ideal temperatures of between 200-400°F for better cooking.
While it is a great electric skillet, it comes with a flaw. The non-stick cooking surface comes with a honeycomb texture that does not make cleaning the appliance easy. Also, the pour spout can leave a mess on your counter, while the cool touch handles can heat up reasonably when using high temperatures.
Factors to Consider Before You Buy The Best Electric Skillets
The best electric skillets allow easy, consistent, and fast cooking, making them vital for any home. Additionally, an electric skillet can help you discover more recipes to enjoy a better food menu.
When looking to buy the best electric frying pan, these are the best features to consider to get the best deal.
a) Effective thermostat control
All the best electric skillets need to have a thermostat control you can use to regulate temperature settings.
Before buying an electric skillet, understand where the thermostat control is located for ease of use. Additionally, understand if the control is removable or fixed to the appliance. This feature determines how easy it will be to clean the electric skillet. Electric skillets with detachable thermostats are easier to clean since they can be immersed in water.
b) Stay-Cool handles
Before paying for the best electric frying pan, ensure it comes with two ergonomic handles that are heat resistant. This is an essential feature that guarantees your safety and ease of use.
c) Tempered glass cover
A glass cover allows you to monitor the cooking process in the skillet without unnecessarily opening the pans. It also helps preserve the flavors and nutrients since it won't let moisture escape.
For your best electric skillet, ensure the lid is made with tempered glass. It is stronger than conventional glass, so it won't break under high temperatures or the first time you accidentally drop it.
Also, ensure the glass lid features a steam vent that will let excess pressure escape. This feature will prevent you from burn injuries and also prevent a messy kitchen.
It would be best for you to understand the size you need for your electric skillet. You can choose from the following;
- Small-Sized Electric Skillets. These are ideal electric skillets if you are looking to cook for three people at most. They come with a cooking area of between 6 and 10 inches wide and are ideal for dorms, small apartments, and RVs. You can also buy one if you need a portable electric skillet.
- Medium-Sized Electric Skillets. These skillets come with a cooking area of between 12 and 14 inches wide and can produce servings for at least four people.
- Large-Sized Electric Skillets. They have a cooking area of at least 16 inches and can prepare meals for a larger group of people.