Bamboo fabric has recently gained popularity as a great material for sportswear due to its moisture-wicking, elastic, and durable structure. Doing yoga is not an exception. Here, you will need all the elasticity and stretching properties of this material to twist and bend required during the routine. Comfort and freshness are the main feelings you will experience at your training sessions while choosing your yoga pants made of bamboo fabric.
This article aims to explain the most important characteristics of bamboo yoga pants and represent the best options and brands you can find on Amazon or your local stores to suit all your needs.
A Quick Preview
Buy On Amazon
Let us have a more thorough look at the best bamboo yoga pants and their brands that are popular in 2021.
1. Green Apple Bamboo Yoga Pants
- Eco-friendly bamboo and organic cotton fabric - 60% Bamboo 26% Organic Cotton 14% Spandex
- Flat lock seams, helps prevent chafing and adds durability.
- Wide supportive waistband & gusset
- Machine wash cool, tumble dry low
- Ships from Portland, OR - get it quickly
The first product to mention here is bamboo yoga pants from Green Apple. They are full-length leggings blending the classic style and everyday comfort. They go in different colors to choose from – black, brown, blue, and charcoal. They are very soft and durable.
Let us provide some additional information about the pants:
- The pants are safe for machine washing and dryers if washed in cool water and tumble dry low.
- They have natural UVA sun protection.
- The product ensures elasticity and freedom of movement.
- The leggings are great for yoga, barre, gym sessions, pilates, or everyday wearing.
Let us regard the main pros and cons of the product now.
Overall, these bamboo yoga pants for women made a good impression on me. They are super soft and comfortable. The variety of colors allows for using them for different types of occasions. You feel so green and relaxed in them.
If you think that this option is right for your needs, click here to order.
2. Boody Women's Bamboo Viscose Yoga Pants
- Full Length Mid Rise Black Leggings: These leggings are super flattering and luxuriously soft with a slim fit close to the body. They’re...
- All Day Comfort: Whether you’re doing Downward Dog, or running around town, these full leggings for women don’t creep, and are...
- Fade Resistant Color: When you’re wearing black leggings, they should look black. These are those. Jet black. They don’t fade into a...
- Elastic Closure Waistband: Designed with an elastic pull on closure to easily slip on and off. No thick waistband digging into you, this...
- Made with Soft and Comfortable Sustainable Materials: 80% Rayon made from organically grown bamboo, 13% nylon, 7% spandex. Keep it simple....
The next product to consider is women's bamboo viscose yoga pants from Boody. The pants are full-length with a smooth and good-fit silhouette. They go in black color and feature mid-rise with the below-belly button. The leggings are very soft and suitable for sensitive skin.
Some additional information about the pants includes:
- The pants are a bestseller due to their thermo-regulating properties and the right amount of stretch and firmness.
- They feel like high-quality pajamas but perform as great active sportswear.
- The product is antistatic, and the bamboo fiber is quite suitable for layering.
- The leggings are great for everyday wear and yoga or pilates sessions.
The most widely mentioned pros and cons of the bamboo fiber yoga pants are.
Overall, I think these leggings are more suited to hot weather as they are breathable and not very thick. They are great for summer but, probably, aren't substantial enough to stand up to windy autumn or frosty winter.
If you believe that these pants are a great choice, click here to order.
3. PUWEI Bamboo Yoga Pants
- Comfy, relaxed-fit,high waisted lounging jogger pants with two side pockets for your phones,cards,wallets,keys
- Pull on closure,loose-fit, stretchy and comfortable active running workout sweatpants with elastic ribbed waist and cuffs
- Lightweight,sweat-absorbing,uv-proof bamboo pants,breathable and soft cotton pants, stretch workout pants, jersey knit fabrics,perfect for...
- Basic solid design, high-waist,skin-friendly,cozy and slouchy loungewear pjs bottoms for summer,spring,winter,autumn,match with sports...
- All of PUWEI items are US SIZE; 2x 3x 4x plus size pants for women teen girls
The bamboo boot-cut yoga pants from NEIWAI make up a great sportswear item to consider. These pants are quite versatile – they can be worn not for yoga sessions only but also for brunch, road trips, home, or anywhere you normally wear your pants. They go in different colors for your best choice – navy blue, sky blue, black, heather grey, light grey, and dark grey. They feel buttery soft, and silky and are quite breathable.
Let us consider some more information about this product:
- The pants are suitable for sensitive skin.
- They are moisture-wicking and absorb unpleasant smells.
- The fabric is quite thin and lightweight, but very durable.
- You can wear pants while traveling or meeting with your friends, at outdoor parties, and on long walks. You can also sleep in them if you like.
Let us also mention the widely-discussed pros and cons of this amazing clothing item:
Overall, these are the softest and most comfortable lightweight pants! I would highly recommend these for anything including (but not limited to): casual wear, sleep, yoga, exercise, lounge, and other uses. They hold up in the wash too! It is one of the most commonly desired fabrics because of its soft and pleasant feel against the skin.
If you have chosen these pants for your needs, click here to order.
4. Spun Organic Bamboo Yoga Pants
- 70% Bamboo Viscose/20% Organic Cotton/10% Spandex
- Ships and Sold from California USA
- 7oz Ring Spun Jersey
- Permanent Dye with no bleeding or fading
The Capri yoga leggings from Spun go in two colors – black and cream. They are ultra-soft, and breathable pants that do not collect any lint and can be machine washed easily in cool water. The permanent dye does not allow for any bleaching or fading.
You can learn more information about the product here:
- The pants are made of preshrunk so they keep their shape very well after washing and drying.
- They are stretchy enough for different yoga routines and variations.
- The fabric is lightweight and feels very soft even for sensitive skin.
- You can also wear these Capri pants for outdoor walks and exercising, for traveling and sleeping, and good rest with your friends.
The pros and cons of these bamboo yoga pants should be considered while making a choice.
In general, these bamboo yoga pants are so comfortable and soft, indeed. The wide waistband is much more comfortable than a little band of elastic. The quality is excellent. I would repeat the purchase in the future. They are really super comfy and not seen through.
Think about this attractive option and click here to order.
5. WiWi Bamboo Yoga Pants
- [FABRIC] Top Bamboo Viscose is silky soft and skin-friendly. Super breathable, comfortable and lightweight.
- [FABRIC] Extra-soft bamboo does great job at excellent drapability and elasticity. The stretchy bamboo viscose fabric ensures a nice and...
- [DESIGN DETAIL] Loose fit + Elastic waistband with drawstring + Worn to be yoga or jogger pants
- [WASHING & WARRANTY] Machine washable (WASHED TO PERFECTION), Hand wash better. Hang dry or Tumble cool. Iron low heat if needed. You can...
- [PERFECT GIFT] Super high in quality and comfortable to be worn. Perfect for your families or friends as the Christmas gift, birthday gift,...
These eco-friendly bamboo yoga pants from WiWi are full-length with wide legs and a snug fit. They go in different colors – navy blue, violet, black, army green, irony grey, heather grey, purplish-grey, and wine - that looks very stylish and elegant. They match well with clothing of different styles – T-shirts and sports underwear, sneakers and slippers, tank tops, and casual pullovers.
Find some more information about these bamboo hip hugger yoga pants that are quite useful:
- The pants are made with a drawstring closure.
- They are silky soft, and skin-friendly, suitable even for very sensitive skin.
- The fabric is super breathable and stretchy.
- You can also wear these leggings for lounging around at home, vacationing, a casual office style, working out, sleeping, and as beach pants.
Make your choice taking into account the following pros and cons:
In short, these pants exceeded my expectations. They wash nicely, with no shrinkage, and they don't wrinkle, either. They are thin but not see-through. The great thing about this product is that they are so comfortable. The material is of high quality. I like how they hug my hips and then flow down to a looser fit towards the feet.
If you are ready to purchase these beautiful pants, click here to order.
6. Deysen Eco-Friendly Bamboo Yoga Pants
- ❤️Eco-Friendly Bamboo Pockets Stretchy Soft Yoga Leggings Pants Made of High-Quality Eco-friendly Bamboo Fiber that will last you years...
- ❤️The bamboo fiber applies graduated compression to improve blood & lymph circulation, which tones legs and burn fat as you sleep...
- ❤️MOISTURE WICKING: Breathable fabric, close your skin and zero irritation. Make your wearing experience more comfortable.
- ❤️HIGH WAIST: Lies flat against your skin and won't dig in, contouring perfectly to your body, giving you a streamlined look.
- ❤️Best for your sports, fitness, yoga or other activities Wearing!
These eco-friendly leggings from Deysen are sure to last you for many days and training sessions if properly cared for. They are full-length and ensure the compression for improvement of lymph and blood circulation while training. It helps flatten the tummy and burn fat on the buttocks. The color is black, and the high waist helps contour your body perfectly, providing a streamlined appearance.
Some additional facts about this product include:
- The pants are quite breathable, and they do not cause any irritation to the skin.
- Wearing them is very comfortable, and the pants lie flat and feel smooth.
- The fabric is odor-resistant and washable in the machine.
- You can use these leggings for different sports activities like yoga, working out, fitness, or pilates.
Consider the following pros and cons to make the best choice:
All in all, these bamboo yoga pants are a great quality product that is very durable and easy to take care of. They feel soft on the skin, wick moisture very well, and are perfectly breathable. They make a very good choice for active people who do a lot of training. As for me, they look very nice too. They are so flat, nice-fitting, and elegant that it seems to me that they can be worn for walks, jogging, active rest, and vacationing as well.
If you feel that this product suits your needs well, click here to order.
7. YYZYC Bamboo Yoga Pants
- ✿✿ Made of High Quality Eco-friendly Bamboo Fiber that will last you years with proper care
- ✿✿ The soft feel and comfort makes this highly suitable for active lifestyle.
- ✿✿Sleek, Streamlined & Skinny-fit: Ultra-thin leggings look chic and trendy while remaining wearing comfort, accentuate your leg,...
- ✿✿Breathable & Moisture-wicking: Wicks away excess body sweat and moisture rapidly, dries moisture incredibly fast to prevent...
- ✿✿ Elastic waist yoga pants - Elastic waist design, suitable for most people, do not worry about the size of the pants, more convenient...
These bamboo yoga pants with pockets from YYZYC are made of natural fiber that is quite durable and high-quality and will last for many years. The fabric ensures much comfort and a soft feel suitable for active exercising. The pants are full-length and skinny-fit. They look elegant and chic accentuating your waist, buttock, and legs. The color is black, and it looks great with a tiny tank, short jackets, and sporty T-shirts.
Get to know some additional information and facts about the product:
- The pants are streamlined, sleek, and ultra-thin.
- The fabric wicks away all the moisture and sweat very quickly, preventing bad odors.
- The leggings are elastic, and the sizes suit different people and picking out the right one is very convenient.
- They are also best to wear for different kinds of sports and physical activities, fitness, pilates, and jogging.
Let us regard the following pros and cons for a better choice:
Overall, these bamboo yoga pants create a perfect feeling of comfort and a great fit. They are stretchy and great for any kind of exercise because of their breathability, moisture-wicking properties, and easy care. The antibacterial effect should also be taken into account. The fabric does not irritate skin and feels super-soft.
The product is great and corresponds to all your needs and expectations, so click here to order.
Types of Bamboo Yoga Pants
You can find different styles of bamboo yoga pants and choose the one that completely suits you.
Full-length Yoga Pants
This is the most common pants design, and it is loved by many. You can find different models on the market nowadays, with zip pockets and without them, with a low or high waist, inside pockets or mesh sections, etc.
However, if you are tall, look carefully at the labels because you can often receive pants that will not reach your ankles. Though it may not be a big problem, it is always better to get what you want.
Capri Yoga Pants
Such pants' design reminds very much of that of the full-length pants though they are normally ¾ in length. It is up to you to decide whether to buy Capri or full-length pants.
However, if you practice yoga in a very warm environment, Capri will be preferable.
Shorts are still much better options for very warm conditions, and they are also great for hot yoga. Vinyasa sessions that are speedy also go smoother if you wear shorts. And some people may want to wear shorts over their pants.
This type of pants features a loose design, and they may feel cooler. Though, they have some excess fabric that may cause inconveniences during particular asanas. You may not be as flexible as in tight pants, especially when you practice deep stretches. So, this type of leggings is better for lounges and traveling.
This combination of classic yoga pants and specific harem ones can work very well. They are a bit looser than common full-length leggings. Some excess material around the ankles can cause certain inconveniences while stretching. However, that may depend very much on the type of yoga you are doing.
Bamboo yoga leggings can be combined with skirts, and this variant is quite common for women nowadays. That will provide you with a bit better cover-up while stretching.
They are a good fit for pregnant women. The pants are equipped with an extra band that, when pulled up, protects your belly and makes you feel very comfortable.
Factors We Look At When Choosing Bamboo Yoga Pants
While choosing your bamboo yoga pants, think about the following factors:
Comfort Is Essential
Pulling up pants between poses and exercises looks ridiculous. That's why the first thing to think about while choosing this item is comfort. You should be confident and not think about your clothes all the time while exercising. The comfort also depends on some things that will be discussed further on.
Fit Is Important to Be Checked
The design of your pants depends on the type of yoga exercises you are into. It can be either loose and flared or form-fitting. The main thing to consider is compression. It should be felt in the right spots. The best variant is mild compression. It will ensure stability to your muscles while you are doing poses.
This compression can be compared to the fit of a tight glove that is the right size for your hand.
Think about a Preferable Length
The yoga pants can be of two versions – Capri and full-length. Both are quite suitable for yoga exercising, so it is up to you to decide. If you want your legs to be supported tightly, opt for a full-length version. You may not feel comfortable when doing hot yoga because the less fabric you wear here, the more comfortable you feel.
Capri pants end in the middle of the calf, so some people do not think it is too comfortable. If you are one of them, full-length may feel better in any case because bamboo material is quite breathable.
The Type of Yoga Matters
The three most popular yoga varieties practiced today are hot yoga, basic yoga, and Hatha yoga. Choose your pants according to the type you are doing.
Hot yoga is usually practiced in a very warm room to make you sweat. It is used to enhance the process of fat-burning. The people are asked to wear short pants here.
Basic yoga does not demand any special kind of pants – any length will do well.
Flared pants are recommended for gentle Hatha yoga – they will provide you with the possibility to move freely and stay cool.
Materials and Design
The type of material is quite important. Normally, bamboo yoga pants are made of blended materials. They consist of viscose, spandex, and even polyester. Viscose fabric should make about 60-70% of the material. It allows for convenient stretching. And the stitches should be durable because some routines can be rather complicated.
Durability and Other Performance Qualities
Yoga pants should last for many training sessions. You need to check how stretchy they are and how effectively they can wick sweat. If the fabric contains less than 40% viscose, such pants will not absorb moisture well.
The yoga routines may include many difficult movements such as squatting, bending, twisting, or stretching. The high-quality pants need to withstand all of them easily.
Pants made of cotton will lose their shape and pill quickly. So the combined bamboo and spandex material will perform best.
Washing and Taking Care of Pants
Check the labels of your chosen pants for their washing. You will have to wash your pants frequently. So, bamboo yoga pants that can be machine-washed on cold water make up a great choice. If the fabric is of high quality, you can dry your pants in low heat, but the best way is to dry them in the air. While washing bamboo pants, do not use any softener or bleach. The fabric is already soft and smooth on the skin.
Consider the Price
As with many other products, choose the one with a good balance between quality and price. Cheap pants are thin and non-durable. If you are seeking months of use, consider more expensive variants.
Why Bamboo Yoga Pants?
Making clothes from bamboo is an ancient Asian tradition. The fabric is very durable and quite affordable. Bamboo viscose is an antibacterial and odor neutralizing material. It is the best option for hot yoga lovers because it does not allow for any moisture on the skin, and your body will not produce a bad smell while sweating. Yoga pants made of some synthetic fabric do not have such qualities and are rather uncomfortable to wear.
Yoga pants should be comfortable enough to wear and to be washed often. Pants made of cotton are sure to lose their shape in a while. You will not feel comfortable in awkward clothing. The bamboo material is very soft, and you do not need to use any conditioner while washing.
The blend of bamboo viscose and spandex makes yoga pants elastic and suitable for a good stretch. Your yoga classes will be awful if your pants are non-breathable, itchy, and badly-fitted.
Benefits of Bamboo Yoga Clothing
The most important benefit of bamboo yoga clothing is that it makes you eco-friendly and green, completely in tune with the basic concepts of yoga philosophy.
Moreover, the benefits can be connected to the fabric's unique qualities if compared to cotton, polyester, flex, or other materials. The benefits that are worth mentioning here are the following ones:
- Wicking moisture efficiently helps keep your body dry while practicing.
- Breathability allows the pants not to feel sticky on your legs.
- Comfort and softness are the natural qualities that are quite enjoyable compared to synthetic materials or rough cotton yoga clothing.
- Resistance to odors allows for using such clothing intensively during every routine without the fear of any unpleasant smell, unlike cotton or synthetic clothing that keeps all the odors inside.
- Durability and strength support the idea that bamboo yoga pants are truly made-to-last so you can stretch and wash them numerous times.
If you opt for bamboo yoga pants, you will likely find many more benefits in using them.
How to Take Care of Bamboo Clothing
Buying eco-friendly bamboo yoga pants is one half of a job. Another thing is the right care of them to make your clothing long-lasting and worth its price.
Here are some tips on how to do it correctly and with the smallest losses.
- Before the first use, it is always recommended to wash your pants. Bamboo viscose becomes softer with every next washing.
- The recommended temperature for washing bamboo clothing is 30 degrees C. Though, if needed, you can wash your pants even at 60 degrees.
- Using chemical fabric softeners should not be practiced – it reduces the antibacterial and anti-fungal characteristics of the material.
- Never use tumble drying for bamboo fabric – just hang your pants on the line outside. However, if you need them quickly, you can use a dryer just once though install a cool setting for it.
- You can wash your pants with other clothing of a certain color in a washing machine. However, avoid washing your bamboo clothing with the items with zippers or other metal parts – the bamboo material can be damaged.
These are the main principles of taking care of your bamboo yoga pants. They are quite simple and easy to use.
Do bamboo yoga pants shrink?
Shrinking of any clothes can be caused by high temperatures. That is why bamboo fiber yoga pants are recommended for being washed in cool water. And you need to be careful about the ironing – choose the moderate mode for it.
Should I buy loose or tight yoga pants?
Your yoga pants' type and design depend much on the type of yoga you are doing and on your personal preferences. If yoga routines require maximum flexibility, think about elastic pants with a good fit.
How long will my bamboo yoga pants last?
Everything depends on the type of yoga routines and their intensity. Even if you use your pants every day, but for quite moderate routines, they can last up to six months. If the routines are more intense, the lifespan of your clothing can be shorter. The same refers to the manner of washing and to how often you usually wash your pants.
Will bamboo leggings wrinkle if machine washed?
The good shape of your bamboo yoga pants will depend on the mode of washing. If you use a gentle washing cycle and cooler temperatures, the shape will be retained. Try to avoid dryers; just air-dry your pants. And, of course, the good shape of your leggings depends on the quality of the fabric: the cheaper your pants are, the larger possibility is that they shrink and lose their shape while washed.
Will bamboo fabric irritate my skin?
Bamboo leggings for yoga are great even if your skin is very sensitive. The fabric feels very soft and gentle. Moreover, it can provide antibacterial properties. Even if you sweat much during your practice, the bamboo fabric's ability to wick the moisture will leave your skin dry and fresh.
Yoga pants manufactured from bamboo fiber make a great choice. The material has some valuable properties perfect for yoga routines, such as breathability, sustainability, moisture-wicking, smoothness, durability, elasticity, and a beautiful look. They are very easy and convenient for taking care of. For lovely ladies, we recommend these two variants as our top choice: Boody Women’s Bamboo Yoga Pants & Spun Organic Bamboo Yoga Pants
Though such pants may seem a bit too pricey at first sight, their great quality and usability will compensate for it. Your bamboo yoga pants' right fit and design depend on the type of yoga you are doing and your personal preferences. So, do not hesitate to consider different variants and pick out the best option for your personal needs.