Nothing warms the heart more than the taste of homemade cookies. These treats are among the most popular foods in most homes, and they don't take a lot to make. However, using the wrong tools can make baking cookies seem like a hectic task. Fortunately, you can save up much time and energy by getting the best cookie scoop.
This post contains the best cookie scoops available and the factors to keep in mind when making your pick.
1. OXO Good Grips Medium Cookie Scoop
- Soft, comfortable, spring-loaded handle absorbs pressure for a simple squeeze
- Wiper cleanly ejects even sticky dough, creating uniform cookies that will bake evenly
- 40 portioners holds 1.5 tablespoons of dough
- Yields 2-3/4” diameter cookies
- Dishwasher safe
Today, we'll start with the OXO Good Grips as the best cookie scoop on the market. It features a spring-loaded handle that is soft, non-slip, and comfortable to make it easier for you to scoop cookie dough. You don't need to exert a lot of energy while using this kitchen tool since it only needs a squeeze, and it'll do the rest.
This stainless steel scoop can hold 1.5 tablespoons of dough and will deliver cookies with a diameter of almost three inches. As a result, can use it to make medium size cookies without hassle. You won't have a hard time cleaning this cookie scoop since it's dishwasher safe. Plus, this scoop isn't just for cookies but also for ice cream, rice, and other edibles.
You can rest assured that this tool is a high-quality item since it's made from durable materials. So, you won't need to replace it any time soon after buying it. If you experience any problems with OXO cookie scoops, you can always count on their customer service to provide a timely solution.
2. Jenaluca Cookie Scoop Set
- MULTIPLE USES - 3 scoopers for ice cream, gelato, sorbet, cupcake / muffin (12 cup pan), cookies, truffle, melon balls
- HIGHEST QUALITY - Professional chef choice for baking tools. 18/8 Stainless Steel provides strength and durability
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN - Disher glides easily without intense pressure on wrist and hand - innovative cog and ratchet tool
- BUILT TO LAST - Heavy duty. Won't pit, corrode or rust. Mirror polished -- Keeps shine wash after wash. Dishwasher safe
- PERFECT GIFTS - Lustrous scoops in plush velvet bags. Elegant gift box for bridal shower, wedding and housewarming
In second place, we have the Jenaluca Cookie Scoop Set, which includes three cookie scoops that you can use for ice cream, cupcakes, truffles, and melon balls. It's a versatile choice that can help you make different foods in the kitchen without additional tools.
If you want a professional-quality scoop, the Jenacula Cookie Scoop is the choice for you. It's made with 18/8 stainless steel, which offers maximum durability, which means you'll use it for a long time before you need to replace it.
The design of the scoops features a disher that glides smoothly without too much pressure. As such, you won't need a lot of effort to use it to shape your cookies. It carries an ergonomic design that makes it easy to hold and use so that you can make as many cookies as you need.
This heavy-duty kitchen scoop can endure harsh treatment thanks to its stainless steel build, durable and resilient. It can resist corrosion, rust, and pit formation thanks to the mirror finish, which keeps it shining.
3. Gorilla Grip Premium Stainless Steel Spring-Loaded Scoop
- Easy Squeeze and Quick Release: slip resistant, comfortable handle makes it extremely easy to squeeze and incredibly comfortable to use;...
- Consistent Portions and Scoops: #60 spring loaded scoop has a 1 tablespoon capacity and yields perfect 2.25 inch cookies every time
- Premium Construction: constructed from solid stainless steel, the scoop is built to last; it’s rust resistant and won’t bend or break,...
- Easy Clean: scooper is perfect for the dishwasher to save you time and energy
- Versatile: scooper is a great option for bite sized cookies, melon balls, mini meatballs, and much more
The Gorilla Grip Premium Stainless Steel Spring-Loaded Scoop is another great pick among the best cookie scoops on the market. It comes with a comfortable handle that you can easily squeeze and release to prepare your batch of cookies. It's the perfect solution for the tough, sticky dough that gives you a hard time shaping.
Making perfectly round cookies can be challenging, but the Gorilla Grip Premium Stainless Steel scoop can do it. It'll give you the best chance to make consistently round cookies that will bake evenly. You'll also get an even diameter of 2.25 inches on all your cookies.
The stainless steel used to construct this scoop makes it a long-lasting tool that will help you make numerous cookies at home. Even the toughest dough won't break or bend this scoop. Plus, you can put it in your dishwasher for easy cleaning after using the Gorilla Grip scoop. This scoop is great for making round-shaped cookies, melon balls, and meatballs.
4. Spring Chef Ice Cream Scoop
- THE LAST ICE CREAM SCOOP YOU'LL NEED - Genuine heavy duty tool that is strong and sturdy with no mechanical gimmicks or moving parts that...
- CREATE PERFECT SPHERES OF ICE CREAM - cuts through smoothly and effortlessly so that ice cream curls onto itself, making beautiful and...
- INNOVATIVE DESIGN SAVES YOU TIME AND ENERGY - Unique shape that is the best combination of a scoop and spade to help you easily tackle rock...
- PLOWS THROUGH ICE CREAM LIKE IT'S BUTTER - Glides smoothly and easily through hard-packed frozen sweets. It will seem like ice cream flows...
- LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO STRUGGLE WITH A BAD SCOOP - With its pleasant weight, ability to get into hard-to-reach parts of a carton and excellent...
We can't mention the Spring Chef Ice Cream Scoop when reviewing the best cookie scoop, considering that it tops Amazon's cookie scoop best sellers list. This scoop is made from premium-quality stainless steel, which ensures a sturdy performance without bending or breaking. This makes it an excellent choice for scooping uniform batches of cookie dough in the kitchen.
One reason it's among the best ice cream scoops is its ability to create perfect spheres of food and uniformly-sized cookies. Thanks to its unique design, you can save your time and energy when baking cookies since you can easily squeeze the spring-action mechanism handle to make the round dough you want.
Since it's built for efficiency, you can make more cookies than you would do when shaping dough without a scooper. The handle has a soft grip that's made to provide an ergonomic and comfortable feel when using this ice cream scoop. Plus, the long handle is meant to relieve some of the pressure necessary for scooping even the toughest foods.
5. Saebye Large Cookie Scoop
- LARGE SIZE, BIG CAPACITY – The large cookie scoop is 2.5 inch/ 63MM diameter, its capacity is 5.4 tablespoons/ 81 ml / 2.7 oz. Perfect...
- HIGH QUALITY, SELECTED 18/8 STAINLESS STEEL - The large cookie scoop with trigger have gleaming surface, is made of food grade 18/8...
- WITH ERGONOMIC TRIGGER, EASY TO USE - Due to the newly designed release system with innovative cog-and-ratchet, the cookie scoop large would...
- MULTIPLE USES, IDEAL KITCHEN TOOL - With large ice cream scoop stainless steel, we would use it to make beautifully rounded balls of ice...
- CLEAN EASILY,DISHWASHER SAFE, ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY - The large ice cream scoop with trigger is easy to clean. We can hand wash, and...
Finally, we have the Saebye Large Cookie Scoop, which is a great option if you are looking for a scooper with a large capacity of 5.4 tablespoons of food. It can help you make large-sized cookies, meatballs, muffins, and more. The food-grade stainless steel in this scoop makes it a reliable and durable choice since it doesn't include any harmful materials in its construction.
The trigger design is easy to use, courtesy of the cog and ratchet release system, making it a great option for people with limited hand strength. You won't need as much strength as you normally would to make the round cookies you desire. Additionally, its large size makes it suitable for various applications in the kitchen besides baking cookies.
Even after using it, you still won't have a hard time cleaning this scooper since it's dishwasher safe and you can also hand wash it. There are minimal plastic parts used to make this tool, and the 18/8 stainless steel can resist rust and corrosion in addition to withstanding impact and bending.
What is a Cookie Scoop?
A cookie scoop refers to a spoon-like tool that features a sturdy metallic structure and uses a spring-action mechanism to portion dough when making cookies. It provides an energy-saving method of creating evenly-shaped cookie batches that will bake uniformly in the oven. This tool is easy to use since it comes with a spring-loaded mechanism that requires minimum effort to operate.
To use your cookie scoop to portion your dough, you should add some of it to the scoop and scrape it on the edge of the bowl. Then, press the trigger, and you'll release the dome-shaped dough on your tray for baking.
Tips for Using a Cookie Scoop
There are several things you can do to make it easier to use your cookie scoop. Let's look at them below;
- Adding some vegetable oil to the scoop before using it to prevent the dough from sticking onto it.
- If the frame is made from metal, wearing gloves can help you get a better grip.
- Remove the excess dough from the scoop using the bowl to ensure an even size.
- Clean the tool after each use to ensure it retains its shine
- Rather than a spherical shape, you should make a dome-shaped batch
What are the Benefits of Using a Cookie Scoop?
1. Uniform-Size Cookies
An immediate advantage that the best cookie scoop will provide is the preparation of an entire batch of same-size cookies. Since the capacity of the scooper doesn't change, the shape and size of the food you make will be the same. This can add a professional feel to your cookies since they'll look uniform.
Cookie scoops are not only useful in portioning dough but also other foods like meatballs, ice cream, and Mellon balls. So having a cookie scoop in your kitchen can be of more assistance than you had foreseen.
3. Even Baking
When the dough is prepared in different sizes, the heat inside the oven won't reach each cookie evenly. Fortunately, cookie scoops can deliver batches of equal diameter, which will ensure that every cookie receives the same amount of heat. As a result, you will get cookies that are well-browned without some looking overbaked and others under-baked.
4. Saves Time and Energy
Preparing cookies without tools can be especially tedious when you are making large numbers of these treats. The easiest way to cut down on the time and effort you spend is using a cookie scoop.
5. Reduced Cleanup
Since a cookie scoop does the work of several kitchen utensils at a go, there will be fewer items to clean after using one compared to when you make cookies without a scooper. Additionally, you won't have to use your hands to shape the cookies, which will keep them clean.
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Cookie Scoop
There are three different sizes of cookie scoops; large, medium, and small. You should select the one that meets your needs in the most appropriate way. A small-sized scooper will deliver cookies of about 2 tablespoons of dough, a medium one will use 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough, and the large scooper will use up to 2.25 ounces of dough.
Depending on the number of cookies you wanted to make and the people eating them, you'll want to make a fitting selection.
The next thing to consider is the level of comfort you can enjoy when using the cookie scoop. Most scoopers are metallic, which makes them difficult to handle with your bare hands. You'll want to go with the cookie scoops that feature a rubber or plastic handle since these will be easier to hold and squeeze than purely metallic scoops.
Additionally, the type of trigger on your scoop can make it easier or harder to use your tool. Spring triggers are the most common, but you should opt for Cog and Ratchet triggers if you want less strain in your baking sessions.
Cleaning the scoop is another integral matter since some scoops are easier to clean than others. If you don't have the time or energy to keep cleaning utensils, you should go with a dishwasher-safe scoop. This will eliminate the need to clean the scoop by hand, saving you some time and effort. However, if washing kitchen tools isn't a big deal for you, you can go with a hand-washable option.
Lastly, you should buy a cookie scoop made of high-quality materials to ensure it can last as long as possible. The best cookie scoops are made with durable stainless steel, which is a resilient and food-safe option. Since high-quality stainless steel is strong enough to resist bending or breakage, you can use it for tough dough.
Additionally, this material is rust and corrosion resistant which means that you don't have to worry about it quickly wearing out after you wash it. You want a long-lasting scoop that can serve you for years before replacement is necessary.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best cookie scoop on the market?
The OXO Good Grips Medium Cookie Scoop is the best choice available.
2. What should I look for in a cookie scoop?
When choosing a cookie scoop, some of the things to consider include capacity, construction materials, ease of use, and maintenance requirements.
3. Is a cookie scoop worth it?
Yes, a cookie scoop is definitely worth it since it can help you make more cookies within a shorter time and with less effort.