Lately, there's been a lot of talk among many parents about safe home accessories for kids, and with that, an interesting surge in the need for eco-friendly tableware and home accessories. So with our keen interest in safe eco-living, we discuss a few of the best bamboo kids dinner set pieces that your kids will absolutely find thrilling. Eco-friendly and safe doesn't have to be boring; let's bring the fun back to mealtimes!
The recent craze around eco-friendly home accessories makes a lot of sense. But have you read the effects of all those toxic plastic chemicals that make up dinnerware lately? Hormone disruption, toxicity, hyperactivity, and decreased attention span are just the tip of the iceberg.
Bamboo plates for toddlers are a safer, sustainable alternative that not only reduces pollution but also helps keep your kids healthy. So, if you’re still trying to move away from plastic ware in your home, bamboo plates are a more eco-friendly tableware choice and a great place to start.
Buy On Amazon
Why Exactly Is Bamboo Safer than Plastic?
Generally, bamboo home accessories are certainly a safer option for your whole family compared to plastic or metal. This is because bamboo pieces don't require processing using the same chemicals plastic production requires. Instead of the petroleum used in plastic, manufacturers use plant-based materials as the main content to shape bamboo dinnerware and bamboo homeware.
Most plastic plates include chemicals such as BPA, BPS, Phthalates, and PFAS. BPA is commonly known as a hormone-disrupting chemical mostly used to harden plastics and create polycarbonates. This is the main content used in food packaging sets, beverage containers, and even children’s toys.
Phthalates are the main content used to soften hard plastics like PVC to give them flexibility. Phthalates are commonly found in personal care products and cosmetics. PFAS, commonly known as Teflon, helps create a non-stick effect on disposable plates and non-stick cookware. However, these chemicals used as the main content are proven to sip and leach onto the food they come into contact with, especially when under heat.
External factors such as sunlight help speed up this process. Possible health risks that are related to BPA include:
- Reproductive disorder
- Slow fetal brain development
- Effects on the immune system
- Thyroid hormone disruption
- Low infant birth weights
Some animal studies show the horrible effects on reproductive systems by the phthalate-group of chemicals. But, of course, these chemicals won’t hop into your body; they leach. Microwaving food using plastic is the most common way in which these chemicals leach.
Another way in which they leach into your food is when food that's hot sits on that plastic plate, especially if the plate is a little worn-out on the surface. Most manufacturers still maintain their stand that ingesting small amounts of these chemicals is not dangerous but are you really going to go by that for your little ones.
Why Are Bamboo Plates A Better Choice?
- Bamboo plates are lighter in weight which is great, especially for toddlers
- Despite their lightweight nature, bamboo dishes are durable and sturdy
- At the end of the road in their lifespan, bamboo dishes are biodegradable, which is friendly to the ecosystem
- Bamboo products are now easily available in any US store or shop for easy accessibility
- Great plates made of bamboo will last a good 1.5-2 years if exposed to moisture but, you can extend its lifespan for many years by avoiding the dishwasher and instead hand-washing, immediately drying, and curing it using food-grade mineral oil
- Bamboo grows rapidly, making it a great product source that's highly sustainable and chemical-free choice for families
- Bamboo dinnerware now come in cute colorful colors that are great, especially for kids who are picky eaters
- The vibrant colors and creative prints make bamboo plates versatile in that they're not just for picnics, date night, or outdoor events but also popularly becoming part of home crockery too
1. Bobo & Boo Bamboo Kids Plates
- 4 PIECES, 1 AFFORDABLE PRICE: Perfectly sized for little fingers and all ages, your children’s plates are ideal for sandwiches,...
- NO WORRIES ABOUT TOXINS: Concerned about harmful chemicals? Don’t be. These dinner plates for kids are made of natural bamboo. They’re...
- ECO-FRIENDLY & EASY TO CLEAN: Your bamboo plates are renewable & sustainable. Great for picnics, outdoor parties & at home. After use, just...
- GROWS WITH YOUR KIDS: These kid-friendly plates feature classic colors to be enjoyed for years. Lightweight & highly versatile. Adults love...
- 12 MONTH GUARANTEE: We know you’ll enjoy having a healthier way to feed your family. However, you can be even happier knowing we offer a...
This is a great set for your kids that ranks high on the best bamboo plate list. It comes as a 4-piece bamboo dinnerware set with a minimalistic, sleek, and bright, plain color mix. The 4-piece set of 7.8” diameter bamboo kids plates by Bobo & Boo are eco-friendly and made from all-natural bamboo.
They’re not only cute, but they're also toxin-free and safe for your children. These plates are beautifully designed with the adult's plate style in mind but meant for your toddler. In addition, since they're made from bamboo, they're safe and easily biodegradable, giving you peace of mind in support of healthier kids and a greener planet.
To color these cute toddler plates, Bobo & Boo kids plates use only food-grade mineral pigments. Not only are these plates safe and cute, but they're also durable and shatter-proof, so you can rest easy in case they're dropped off the table by accident. Additionally, to the convenience of busy parents, this plate-set can be wiped clean in a matter of seconds.
These kids' plates are also dishwasher-safe, so you can toss them on the top rack of your dishwasher if you need to. They are easily available in any US store in 2 color theme options; the Coastal or Sunset, all covered by a 12-month risk-free warranty.
2. Bamboo Bamboo Essential Bundle
- ★ ALL NATURAL BAMBOO and food-grade silicone protect your child from all harmful substances
- ★ REMARKABLE SUCTION BASE grips the high chair tray or kiddie table to prevent spills, flips and throws
- ★ REMOVABLE SUCTION BOTTOM lets you transition plates to regular use when your child outgrows them
- ★ ECO FRIENDLY BAMBOO cup and SILICONE to protect your child from other harmful substances
- ★ PREMIUM QUALITY Infant baby Spoons with super soft colored silicone spoon heads. Soft on your little ones' mouth
The Bamboo Bamboo set includes a bowl + plate + cup + 2 pack spoons. The dinner date and mealtimes at the table with your toddler are made a little more magical with this brilliant bamboo dinnerware bundle.
This set is made from all-natural bamboo and has removable silicone bases to give them a firm suction. The suction keeps them firmly stuck down the table or child’s high chair. The sippy cup and two spoon sets have soft silicone tips.
3. Avanchy Baby Bamboo Suction Bowl and Spoon
- No Mess, Less Stress: We get it - food flying from baby-bowl-throwing is no fun. This bamboo bowl sits atop a silicone ring, which suctions...
- Complimentary Spoon: The bamboo baby spoon features the complimentary color scheme of the silicone suction for a cute and simple aesthetic....
- Baby-Led Weaning: Our suction cup bamboo bowl is a versatile wooden baby bowl for infant feeding, baby-led weaning (BLW), or toddler...
- Safely Sourced: Sourced from high-quality materials to help safely feed your baby. Our baby bamboo bowl is Plastic-Free, BPA-Free, PVC-Free.
- Lasts A Lifetime: Our bamboo baby feeding bowl is an excellent option for kitchenware that is both safe for your family and will last for...
Here's another bamboo and suction-bottom kids bowl. Here's your solution for a spill-proof mealtime with your kids. The bowl attaches to whatever flat surface you put it on and has a quick release tab on its bottom for easy removal. This feature is great whenever you need to clean the bowl thoroughly or when your toddler grows old enough not to toss his bowl around.
The silicone bottom comes in handy when kids are ready and learning to self-feed. To activate its suction airtight-lock mechanism, all you have to do is firmly press down onto the flat surface. Avanchy bamboo kids bowl uses organic bamboo with no fillers.
It is BPA-, lead-, phthalate- and plastic-free and only FDA, SGS, and UTV approved materials are used to make these bowls. Aesthetically, they don’t look like childish baby bowls but beautiful bowls that make kids feel like part of the family.
4. Bambu 7” Round Disposable Bamboo Plates
- 100% Natural - Bambu makes its products only from organic bamboo which is certified annually and is an abundant renewal resource. The...
- Elegant Finish - Upgrade your event or any occasion with durable premium compostable bamboo plates. Sturdy and without blemishes or ugly...
- Convenient - Save the hassle and the cost of hauling and washing ceramic dishware. Bambu disposable bamboo plates are lightweight, strong...
- Sustainable Products - Bambu disposable plates are USDA Biobased certified 100%, so they are completely biodegradeable and will compost in a...
- Premium Quality - these bamboo plates are engineered to be lightweight, with a strength that will hold up to any food. Customers find our...
If you have your child’s birthday party coming up or a baby shower then you definitely need disposable plates which are going to be sturdy than cheap paper or plastic. Now more than ever you really need to ask yourself whether they are eco-friendly. The Bambu round disposable bamboo fiber kids’ set gives you peace of mind knowing that you're using non-toxic dishes that won't need any cleaning up.
These plates measure 7 inches wide and cant be tossed right into your backyard compostable since they're fully biodegradable. This is a great set for your children and perfect especially if you need to impress your guests.
5. Bobo & Boo Bamboo Kids 4-Set Snack Bowls
- PERFECT FOR ALL AGES - Hey there! Yeah, you, the one who’s looking for sustainable tableware all over the internet and got here because of...
- NON-TOXIC & BIODEGRADABLE - If you care about the environment as well as for your own health, it’s really important for you to know that...
- DISHWASHER SAFE & SHATTERPROOF - The family life can get a little chaotic and this is why our products can be safely and quickly cleaned in...
- PERFECT FOR HOME, PARTIES, PICNICS, FAMILY, DINNER, CAMPING & FUN - Now that you found what you were looking for, it’s up to you to...
These bowls are durable, super kid-friendly, and perfect for anyone who's trying to raise healthy kids in an earth-conscious manner as well. These bowls by Bobo & Boo are toxic-,BPA-, PVC-free. In fact, they are made using FDA-approved, sustainably sourced bamboo.
Bobo & Boo uses biodegradable bamboo, meaning that these bowls won’t end up in the garbage landfills. With each colored bowl, Bobo & Boo doesn’t use any coatings, finish, or paint and instead, they use food-grade mineral pigments. The mineral pigments are added into the bamboo rather than layered on top. So you won’t really have to worry that they might flake or leach color into your kid’s meal.
Factors to Consider For the Best Bamboo Kids Dinner Set
As your child is trying to get used to using plates, non-slip bamboo plates and bowls are a great place to start. Some have suction cups at the bottom, while some come with non-skid bottoms. Babies will pick up their dishes and throw them, causing an awful mess. If your baby has a good arm, the suction cup bottoms are your best bet at sanity or, at the very least, get ones with non-skid bottoms.
Always note what ages the recommended ages for these baby bamboo plates and bowls. Some great plates are best meant for older babies or even the rest of the family. However, if you want one for a really young infant, then you need to look for that specific feature.
C) Divided Design
You want the right size for your kid, but more than that, there are some great plates that come with multiple sections for portioning or to stop food from touching food, which some kids will absolutely love.
D) Warming the Food
Always check whether your eco-friendly tableware set is microwave safe. Also, be sure to check the approved warming methods since some toddler dishes are oven-safe as well.
E) Cleaning Method
You already have enough on your plate as a parent, and hard-to-clean plates shouldn't be added to the list. Ideally, some eco-friendly plates are dishwasher safe, although hand-washing is best to extend their lifespan. Also, check for plates that don't retain odors or stains. Bottom line, you want bamboo kids' plates that are either dishwasher safe or just as easy to clean.
Frequently Asked Questions on the Best Bamboo Kids Dinner Set
1. Can I put hot food on kid bamboo plates?
You can put any food on these bamboo kids' plates, even if it's really hot. This is because these eco-friendly bamboo fiber plates don't just come in fun designs, but they also come in a sturdy, durable design that can handle a considerable amount of heat or cold.
2. Can bamboo kids' bowls hold water?
Bamboo bowls can well hold lukewarm or cold liquids, but they are not built to hold boiling water since bamboo fiber doesn't tolerate hot water well. So these bamboo kid bowls are mainly made for side dishes, food prep, snacks, salad, pasta, ice cream, cold or lukewarm liquids with cereals.
3. How best to maintain bamboo eco-friendly tableware?
Basic cleaning makes the whole difference. To clean, you'll need first to wipe out the bamboo bowl; then hand wash it using a soft sponge, warm water, and some mild soap. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or tools. Rinse thoroughly, and then wipe it dry using a soft cloth. After this, allow the bowl to air-dry completely.
4. What oil can be used to maintain a bamboo plate?
Food-safe mineral oil is a great place to start. This is also great on bamboo tops, bamboo cutting boards, and bamboo utensils in general. The mineral oil helps protect bamboo from drying out, cracking, or splitting.
5. Can bamboo plates be sterilized?
Don't sterilize your bamboo products using the traditional steam sterilizer since the extreme heat reduces its lifetime. However, you can use sterilizing wipes.