Did you know that there’s a right way and a wrong way to cut rosemary? Find out how to do it the right way (and get the most flavor out of your herbs) in this post.
Checkout this video:
The Right Way to Cut Rosemary
Rosemary is a fragrant herb that is used in a variety of dishes. When cutting rosemary, it is important to do it the right way in order to get the most flavor. The first step is to choose fresh rosemary. Cut off the rosemary leaves from the stem and discard the stem.
What You’ll Need
-A cutting board
-A sharp knife
-A wooden spoon
To cut rosemary the right way, you will need a cutting board a sharp knife and a wooden spoon. Rosemary sprigs can be bought at most grocery stores. If you have a hard time finding them, you can also grow your own.
Start by placing the cutting board on a flat surface. Then, take the rosemary sprigs and place them on the cutting board. Using the sharp knife cut the rosemary sprigs into smaller pieces. Make sure to cut them into even pieces so that they will cook evenly. Once you have finished cutting the rosemary, use the wooden spoon to scoop up the pieces and sprinkle them over your dish.
1. Place a few inches of rosemary on your cutting board. If you’re working with a lot of rosemary, do this in batches so the herbs don’t touch.
2. Using a sharp knife make a cut at the base of the rosemary stem.
3. Angle your knife slightly and make another cut, working your way up the stem. Continue until you’ve cut off all the leaves you need.
4. Give the rosemary a final trim to tidy up any stray leaves or stems.
5. Enjoy your beautifully cut rosemary!
The Wrong Way to Cut Rosemary
You might be surprised to learn that there is a wrong way to cut rosemary. And if you’re not careful, you could end up with rosemary that is tough and bitter. So, how do you cut rosemary the right way? Read on to find out.
What You’ll Need
-a sharp knife
-a cutting board
-a bunch of rosemary
First, gather all of your rosemary sprigs and lay them out on your cutting board. Next, using a sharp knife cut the sprigs into small pieces, discarding the tough ends. Once all of the sprigs are cut, give them a quick chop to make sure they’re all an even size. And that’s it! You’ve now successfully cut rosemary the correct way.
1. Gather your supplies. You will need a sharp knife a cutting board, and some rosemary.
2. Start by cutting off the bottom of the rosemary stalk, about an inch or so from the end. This will give you a flat surface to work with.
3. Place the rosemary stalk on the cutting board, flat side down.
4. Carefully slice the stalk into thin pieces, angling your knife as needed to create thin strips of rosemary.
5. Once you have a nice pile of thin strips, you can start chopping them into smaller pieces if desired.
And that’s it! You’ve now cut your rosemary the right way and are ready to use it in any recipe that calls for it. Enjoy!