Looking to cut chicken breast into strips? Check out this quick and easy guide! We’ll show you how to get perfectly even strips every time.
Checkout this video:
Most chicken breast recipes call for chicken that has been cut into strips. This can be a bit daunting, especially if you’re not used to working with raw chicken. But don’t worry – we’re here to help. With a few simple steps, you’ll be an expert at cutting chicken breast into strips in no time.
First, place the chicken breast on a cutting board Using a sharp knife slice the chicken breast horizontally into thin slices. If your chicken breast is particularly thick, you may need to make vertical cuts as well. Once you have thin slices of chicken, cut each one into strips. You can make them as thick or thin as you like – just remember that thinner strips will cook more quickly than thicker ones.
And that’s it! Now you know how to cut chicken breast into strips. So get cooking!
What You Need
-1 chicken breast, boneless, skinless
-1 sharp knife
-1 cutting board
1. Place the chicken breast on the cutting board with the smooth side down.
2. Find the long, white tendon running down the center of the chicken breast and slice along each side of it to remove it.
3. Butterfly the chicken breast by slicing it horizontally almost in half, being careful not to cut all the way through. Open it up so that it resembles a book.
4. Make 1-inch cuts perpendicular to the length of the chicken breast, being careful not to cut all the way through. You should now have a stack of thin sliced chicken breast.
5. Cut each strip into 1-inch pieces. You should now have a pile of small, thin strips of chicken breast perfect for stir fry or fajitas!
Cutting chicken breast into strips is a great way to add variety to your meals. Whether you’re looking for a new way to serve chicken strips at a barbecue or you’re wanting to create a healthy stir-fry, this method is simple and straightforward. Plus, it’s a great way to use up any leftover chicken breast you may have. Here’s how to do it:
1. Place the chicken breast on a cutting board, boneless side up.
2. Use a sharp knife to slice the chicken breast horizontally into thin strips, about 1-2 inches wide.
3. If your chicken strips are too thick, you can slice them lengthwise into thinner strips.
4. Once all of the chicken strips are cut, they’re ready to be used in your recipe of choice. Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
Here are a few tips and tricks to help you get the perfect chicken breast strips every time:
– Use a sharp knife. A dull knife will make it harder to get clean, even cuts.
– If your chicken breasts are really thick, you may want to cut them in half horizontally before cutting them into strips. This will help ensure that they cook evenly.
– If you’re in a hurry, you can use a kitchen shears to cut the chicken into strips. Just be sure to use a cutting board so that you don’t damage your countertop.
– Chicken strips can be enjoyed as is, or breaded and fried. They’re also great for stir-fries, salads, and wraps.
Now that you know how to cut chicken breast into strips, you can enjoy this delicious and healthy meat in a variety of recipes. Try it grilled, roasted, stir-fried, or in soup or salad. Chicken strips are a versatile and tasty option for any meal.