Air Fryers are one of the most popular kitchen appliances that can cook, grill, bake or fry your favorite foods by circulating hot air around your food which makes it healthy because it uses hot air instead of oil. The best air fryer will turn to help you enjoy your guilty pleasure without any guilt because of the lack of oil use. It can cook your favorite fried food such as chicken wings, fries, or frozen food like mozzarella sticks as fast as a deep fryer but with little to no oil and with the same amount of crispiness.
With the gain of popularity, so many brands have come up selling air fryers, and it can be tricky knowing which one to pick. Therefore, we are here to help you with an in-depth look at the best air fryers on the market with their pros and cons and have also included a detailed buying guide to help you find the best air fryer by making an informed decision.
Best Air Fryer to Cook your Favourite Fried Food
1. COSORI Pro Air Fryer
- Better Choice: We have launched a new generation air fryer-COSORI Pro II that can cook 20% faster and is easier to use as well. Search...
- PERFECT RESULT: An NTC sensor sends accurate information to the air fryer, which automatically adjusts temperatures to keep fluctuations...
- ONE-TOUCH COOKING: Choose from 13 convenient cooking functions with a single touch, each finely tuned by COSORI chefs to product the...
- LARGE CAPACITY: The air fryer's spacious 5.8-quart square baskets can fit a whole 5-pound chicken. Additionally, the corner spaces provide...
- 100 INCLUDED RECIPES: Find inspiration for every meal with 100 original, COSORI-chef-created recipes that include size, cook time, and...
Cosori Air Fryer is a huge-capacity appliance with nonstick coating for the inner and outer baskets that make it easy to clean. The digital air fryer is quite easy to use as it features an LED screen for selecting your air frying functions and 11 presets, and you can also set your temperature from 170 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. With a 5.8-quart capacity, it is suitable for cooking for large groups or families and can even fit a 6-pound chicken or a lot of chicken wings.
Additionally, this Cosori model is one of the best air fryers as it comes with a cookbook that includes over 100 air fried recipes that you can try out in your kitchen. Cosori air fry can perform other functions such as baking, grilling, toasting, roasting, and cooking frozen food like chicken nuggets, mozzarella sticks, to brussels sprouts with gusto.
2. Ninja Foodi 6-in-1 2-Basket Air Fryer
- 2 INDEPENDENT BASKETS: The original Air Fryer with 2 independent baskets, the XL air fryer lets you cook 2 foods, 2 ways, at the same time,...
- SMART FINISH & MATCH COOK: DualZone Technology allows you to choose between the Smart Finish feature, which unlocks cooking 2 foods 2 ways...
- 6-IN-1 FUNCTIONALITY: Includes 6 versatile cooking programs: Air Fry, Air Broil, Roast, Bake, Reheat, and Dehydrate.
- XL CAPACITY: The 8-quart air fryer capacity lets you fit mains and sides at the same time for making quick family meals, or up to 4 lbs. of...
- SEPARATE HEATING ZONES: 2 independent 4-quart zones have their own cooking baskets, cyclonic fans, and rapid heaters.
The Ninja Foodi basket air fryer is one of the best dual-basket air fryers that have two 4-quart baskets which are in different compartments. This model is suitable for making two different dishes simultaneously or for families with different dietary needs because the cooking time and temperature settings can be adjusted separately. Ninja Foodi air fry appliance also has a smart feature that modifies temperatures and ensures the two baskets finish cooking simultaneously.
Ninja 6-in-1 comes with six programmable cooking functions and easy to clean cooking baskets with crisper plates that are dishwasher safe. However, for your favorite dishes like crispy chicken wings, french fries, fried chicken to evenly cook, you need to cook them in small batches to allow free air movement around the food. You can also get the Ninja Foodi 8-Quart. 9-in-1 if you want a combined air fryer with an electric pressure cooker.
3. Philips Premium TurboStar Air Fryer
- Fat Removal technology separates and captures excess fat Eat healthier dishes with excess fat removed from food. The Philips Airfryer is the...
- Digital display with 4 preset cooking programs The digital interface is easy to use with preset cooking programs for one-touch cooking of...
- Our most compact Airfryer fits 0.8 kg of fries You don’t need a lot of space for an Airfryer. The new Philips Airfryer is 20%* more...
- Rapid Air technology for delicious crispier results Philips' Rapid Air technology creates 7x faster airfow for deliciously crispy results*....
- 1.5 times faster than an oven* Cooking is faster and more convenient than ever with the Philips Airfryer. Thanks to our instant heat and...
Philips Premium Air Fryer is a compact air fryer that comes in two sizes XL and XXL, and it can cook enough food for two people. It is the smallest model from the Philips company at 2.5 quarts and comes with a splatter lid that makes crispy frozen fries evenly golden and most on the inside. The air fry can also be used for greasy foods like sausages which cause lots of smoking.
Philips air fryer comes with a user-friendly control panel that is easy to use and features four presets with a removable basket handle that makes it easy to clean. It comes with a recipe book full of recipes which you can also get from the app.
4. Instant Vortex Pro 10-quart 9-in-1 Air Fryer
- 9-in-1 FUNCTIONALITY: Air fry, bake, broil, dehydrate, roast, proof, toast, reheat and rotisserie.
- EvenCrisp TECHNOLOGY: Advanced technology that drives air flow top down for a perfect golden finish and crispy, tender results every time!
- ROTISSERIE FEATURE: Perfect for self-basting and tumble-frying. Top heating element with fan ensures optimal cooking and baking performance.
- ONE-TOUCH SMART PROGRAMS: 6 customizable programs for one-touch rotisserie-style chicken, garlicky potatoes, cookies, cinnamon buns and...
- FAST PREHEATING: Little to no preheating time, from frozen to golden in minutes! Create gourmet meals with the versatility of a temperature...
The Instant Vortex air fryer is an air fryer that features a stainless steel sleek face and large, easy-to-read buttons with an easy selection dial so you don't have to struggle to find your perfect temperature. It is highly functional and can perform other functions such as roasting, baking, broiling, reheating air fried foods, dehydrating, and several different time and temperature settings. The Vortex has a bright interior light, and the parts are dishwasher safe.
Instant Vortex Pro is a smart investment for any family because of the large square air fryer basket. The air fryer also comes with a removable tray that uses a thin hinged handle for easy removal and stays flat to avoid disrupting the cooking area. This model is made by the same company that made the popular Instant Pot electric pressure cooker.
5. GoWISE USA 1700-Watt 5.8-QT 8-in-1 Digital Air Fryer
- Enjoy your favorite food without the extra calories. This air fryer allows you to fry, bake, grill, and roast with little to no oil. Make...
- Sleek and modern look with advanced touch screen menu. Take the guesswork out of cooking with the built-in touch screen menu featuring 8...
- Featuring a new Start/Stop button to change time and temperature in the middle of a cook cycle. Don’t forget to shake with the new...
- Comes with non-stick pan and detachable basket equipped with a cool touch handle and button guard to prevent accidental detachment. Shake...
- Includes recipe book, This recipe book is filled with 50 recipes specifically made for GoWISE USA Air Fryers. Choose from a variety of meals...
GoWISE USA air fryer features eight preprogrammed settings for different foods and a broad temperature range at an affordable price. It is a large-capacity air frying appliance that can cook a full chicken at a go, and it features an alarm that reminds you to turn your food to achieve even browning and crispy skin. It has a unique display model that flashes in a bright blue color when you turn it on with easy-to-understand functions and graphic buttons.
Even though it doesn't have app control, it includes a recipe book, and you don't have to preheat it and therefore save time and features a start/stop button that changes temperature and time in the middle of a cook session. Besides, the frying basket has a nonstick coating and is also dishwasher safe. GoWISE USA features an easy-to-clean interior, sometimes needing only a paper towel wipe to clean any mess.
What to Consider Before Purchasing the Best Air Fryer
It is important to make sure your kitchen power outlets can support the watt consumption an air fryer uses, where most standard air fryers use 800 watts to 1500 watts, with other fryers going up to 1800 watts and even more. The more watts an air fryer needs, the quicker it will reach high temperatures and reheat the oil for frozen food like meat, mozzarella sticks, chicken nuggets, or peas to the grease. A low wattage of below 1500 will mean your food will take a long time to cook.
2. Presets for Popular Foods
Air fryers have preset for specific dishes, making your work easier because you don't have to set them manually. If you plan on cooking specific meals like french fries, chicken wings, tater tots, or brussels sprouts, you should look for a model that features preprogrammed settings of the specific dishes to make your work easier.
Air fryers come in different sizes, with the small ones being around 1 or 2 liters, the medium units having a capacity of 1.8 liters to 2.5 liters, and the large units can go up to 5 liters. What you need the air fryer for will determine which one you should choose. For example, cooking a whole chicken or having a large family opt for the large air fryer with 3 to 6 liters, but for a small family of around five people, opt for a small or medium air fryer. Notably, large air fryers are better when serving many guests all at once, or you can choose air fryers that have twin baskets that will allow you to fry two different foods simultaneously.
4. Power Consumption
An air fryer of 1500 watts can consume less than one unit a day, and if you are cooking for 30 minutes, then the maximum electricity you will consume that day will be less than a half unit. Most air fryers cook for a maximum of 15 minutes and have a power rating of fewer than 1500 watts, therefore, consuming less than half a unit a day. However, ensure you check how much consumption your potential air fryer will cost.
5. Weight and FootPrint
This factor depends on whether you leave your air fryer on the counter or store it somewhere. If you are planning to store your air fryer when you are not using it, you should ensure you purchase a compact air fryer to avoid carrying a lot of heaviness. However, if you plan on placing it on the countertop, make sure you have enough space. It will fit in the intended space before purchasing by measuring the space to avoid getting one that will inconvenience your kitchen setup.
6. Bonus Features
Some of the best air fryers in the market combine functionality and versatility, and therefore, these models are multipurpose, and if you can afford them, then why not. Some of them include:
a). Air fryer toaster oven
A toaster oven is a popular combination, and these air fryers look like a traditional toaster oven, and they can be used in broiling, baking, and toasting. Air fryers with a toaster oven are large, expensive, take up a lot of space, and feature a door with racks.
b). Air fryer rotisserie cookers
Many people enjoy a moist rotisserie chicken flavor, and this type of air fryer combination can make this dish for you at home.
c). Air Fryer Dehydrators
This air fryer is suitable for people who fancy homemade beef jerky or dehydrated fruits, and getting the appliance with dehydrating capabilities will be the best for such food lovers.
d). Instant Pot Air Fryer lid
These types are ideal if you don't have enough space for another appliance in your kitchen area because this lid is quite handy and turns the instant pot into an air fryer.
It is better to go for a quality air fryer that you are guaranteed will give you service without any problems because some of the super cheap brands will frustrate you. However, that doesn't mean you go for an appliance above your budget, and you should find one within your budget and make sure you check reviews online to know what you are getting yourself into.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What's the big deal with the best air fryers in the market?
Air fryers come with a top section that has a heating mechanism that when you place your food in the air fryer and turn it on, the hot air rushes around the food and cooks it. This circulation makes the food crispy, just like if you deep-fried food like french fries, chicken nuggets, mozzarella sticks, without using oil. They have gained popularity because they simplify whipping up frozen foods and are healthier than deep-fried foods like french fries and chicken wings. They have better results than oven-fried and ensure your kitchen remains cool after the air frying process.
2. Is an Airfryer better than an oven?
A Convection oven uses a fan to move the hot air inside while an air fryer circulates the air quicker inside the small chamber, making cooking faster. Air fryers are healthier because of cooking food without oil and no deep-frying but also because its air does the most work; it doesn't leave a smell in your house after you are done cooking your meals. Additionally, air fryers are better than an oven because most don't need preheating. After all, the heat circulates in a small space.
3. Which Air Fryer is the best for one person?
Dash Compact Air Fryer with a 1.6-quart capacity is the best for single people or people with different meal times, and it won't take up a lot of space in your kitchen. No matter how compact this Dash model is, the small air fryer can still get you your perfect and healthier crispy potato wedges, brussels sprouts, mozzarella sticks, or french fries.