Bamboo is the fastest growing plant on the planet. It can grow by 34 inches within 24 hours.
Bamboo is an excellent raw material used in many industries. It is also suitable for a wide variety of home textiles - including carpets and rugs. A bamboo rug is a very unusual accessory that combines both natural and artificial components. On the one hand, it is made entirely from pure bamboo cellulose, but by involving chemical processes. Therefore, a bamboo rug is called artificial, but it is not synthetic. We can say that it is the most natural rug of all artificial ones.
Let’s see what features made bamboo rugs so popular for everyday home use.
Buy On Amazon
Bamboo floor runner in light wood color. The rubber base makes this rug perfect for the bathroom and kitchen.
Cobblestone bamboo rug will look good in any interior. Only for indoor use.
Indoor area mat, eco-friendly, lightweight, and durable. It is excellent as a larger area cover.
A bamboo runner with safe lining. A good indoor and outdoor option.
Pure bamboo floor runner in rustic olive color. An elegant solution for indoor use.
Stylish water-resistant runner of a universal size. It is washable and is good for bathrooms and kitchens.
Natural floor mat made from high-quality bamboo. The extra-large size makes the rug a perfect solution for a dining room.
- Six foot bamboo runner protects and dresses up expensive floors
- Ideal at front or back door
- A beautifully practical solution
- Non-slip latex backing keeps this mat in its place
- Bamboo mat size 24 x 72
If you are looking for some protection for heavy traffic areas in your home, this bamboo runner can become a perfect solution. A nice six-foot rug will look harmoniously both on the wooden floor inside the house or at the front door. The mat comes with non-slippery backing which makes it ideal to use in front of the sink.
Some customers complain that the protective backing is not glued but sewn and can leave stains on the tile. But the majority of users like this bamboo rug, admitting it fits well in different locations and absorbs water perfectly. The mat is very easy to clean even if it is not washable. You only need a sponge or wet cloth to process the stains and return the rug to its flawless state. This bamboo rug Amazon item is especially recommended for the kitchen and bathroom.
- Dark brown and mahogany colored bamboo in an intriguing camoflauge pattern with a black border
- 100% Moso bamboo is renowned for its durability and is sustainably harvested in its native habitat in the Anji Mountains of China
- Patented, ventilated, non-skid eco-soy backing cushions while keeping rug in place
- Mitered cotton borders provide natural, clean design
- Slight color variations may occur due to the unique, natural qualities of the bamboo
If you are looking for a practical yet elegant floor cover, this cobblestone bamboo rug deserves your attention. It will give a special finishing touch to any interior. The perfect look of the rug is achieved due to the high-quality bamboo used for its production. The raw materials are dried first, then planed on a special machine, and sanded for obtaining that appealing look. This finishing makes the rug super durable.
This rug will look the most appropriate in the dining room or living room. If you put it under the table or chairs, it is recommended to protect the furniture legs to avoid scratches on the rug surface. The main part of the rug can be cleaned with a damp cloth while the borders can be washed with a soap solution. This bamboo mat will make your room design more sophisticated.
Make a purchase today. Click here.
- 〖Eco-Friendly and Durable Material〗- Our floor mat is crafted of natural and environmental friendly bamboo material which is durable and...
- 〖Several Rooms Could be Used Indoor 〗- This bamboo floor carpet fits for several rooms. Not only does the bamboo mat add extra style to...
- 〖Easy Maintenance〗- The bamboo material is treated with a water-resistant stain so that it can protect the mat from unexpected spills....
- 〖Light Weight and Easy to Carry〗- This bamboo floor mat features its light weight so it is easy and convenient for you to take or carry...
- 〖Wide and Non-Slip Pad〗- The overall size of our floor mat is 5' X 8'. It is wide enough to cover certain area as you need. The bamboo...
This large-sized version of bamboo floor cover is a good option for bigger spaces. The rug will work well in the hallway or in the kitchen as it is well protected from moving thanks to antiskid backing. Another attractive feature is easy maintenance. The rug has a special treatment and occasional spills are no longer a problem. The mat is lightweight and you can roll and carry it with no effort.
The main advantage of this bamboo carpet is its size. We can admit this large bamboo rug suits well several rooms including hallways and kitchen due to its protective underside and firm grip. Besides, others also found that the mat is very durable with the possibility to serve you for a couple of years. The rug has a neutral design and will look harmonious in any interior. So it is the right time to test it in your home.
Get in now. Click here.
- 【100% Bamboo Ensures Its Durability】Gentleshower floor mat rug is made of natural and environmental friendly bamboo, which is durable...
- 【Great Comfort with Smoothly Painting Surface and Anti-Skid Bottom】Characterized by coated of painting on the surface to guarantee its...
- 【Widely Applicable】This bamboo area rug can be used not only in bathroom, but in living room as decor to sit on drinking and playing...
- 【Easy to Maintain】Easy to wipe the tidy for its smoothly coated surface. It is 12.54 Lbs, can be rolled up easily to save space while it...
- 【100% Customer Satisfaction】We provide 90-day replacement and lifetime after-sale service. Manual included.
This bamboo bath rug is 100% natural. Besides bathrooms, it is a great option for using during camping or just playing on the floor. The rug is very durable so it can serve you as a bamboo outdoor rug thanks to its water-resistant feature. The edges of the rug are finished with the fabric that protects you from being scratched.
This multifaceted floor cover can be used as an indoor mat for various purposes and as a bamboo patio rug. It is especially good for camping. The runner is lightweight and rolls well so it is very convenient to store. We can say it has a very soft touch if you walk on it barefoot. And there are recommendations from other users not to excessively wet the rug to avoid damaging. Overall, this item can be surely called one of the must-have home essentials.
Click here to make a purchase.
- Non-toxic and Eco-friendly, Made with natural Kiln-dried Bamboo construction,and wide polyester-border
- Built it No-skid/ Non-slip padding in back - No need to purchase a separate rug pad
- Elegant and functional, wipes Clean, easy maintenance. Elegant Rustic Olive color finish
- Perfect for living area, kitchen, or any room in home
- Size: 60" x 96" ( 5' x 8' ) , Thickness: 1/8 inch approx. Finish may vary due to the nature of wood, no two are exactly alike.
This organic rug is produced from non-toxic and natural bamboo raw materials. The rug is especially durable as its every slate is carbonized. This technology protects the mat from cracking, distortion, and makes it water-resistant. The item does not require any special care and can be used for many areas across the home. It comes in pleasant rustic olive color and will complement any room designs.
The bamboo rug 8x10 will look ideally in any room, be it a living room or a kitchen. Though it cannot serve as a bamboo patio rug. This bamboo mat is handcrafted and there are no two rugs alike, colors may slightly differ between two mats. So do not be surprised to get a green bamboo rug when you order it. Some users complained about the smell of chemicals coming from the rug. But you can easily get rid of it by airing the item properly. Other than that, it is a perfect runner for indoor use.
Order this rug today. Click here.
- BAMBOO RUNNER RUG: Mocha brown bamboo floor mat runner is water-resistant and comes with a non-skid underside. The traditional style...
- FUNCTIONAL: Non-skid underside protects your wooden, carpet, or tile floors from damage
- STYLISH: Traditional, fresh style complements any home decor
- WATER-RESISTANT: Made of natural bamboo with water-resistant coating and fabric border
- IDEAL SIZE: Bamboo rug measures 72" x 24", perfect for your living space
This bamboo mat rug is a good solution for the areas that contact with water and mud. The rug is waterproof and is especially appropriate for bathrooms and hallways. The non-skid padding makes it safe and ideal for tile or wooden floors. Another benefit is easy maintenance. This feature attracts many customers. The rug can be processed with warm water or dry cleaned only. Convenient size makes the rug fit well in small passways and other narrow areas.
Now, let’s see the main pros and cons:
We consider this option to be the best for the bathroom thanks to its water-resistant characteristic. Though, there are comments that the rug does not grip absolutely well on a very wet floor. The runner dries very well and can be cleaned just with a vacuum cleaner. Due to its bright color, it will also look great in other areas of the house. The rug is multifunctional and can also be used for various outdoor activities.
Take advantage of the discounted price. Click here.
A natural floor mat in walnut color will add charm to a living room. It is environmentally-friendly and is made of specially dried bamboo raw materials. The rug slats are joined together using advanced weaving technology. The rug is rather spacious and comes in two colors – light brown and dark brown. But the manufacturer warns that it is a handcrafted product, and shades of two rugs may slightly differ.
We can say that the rug is very sturdy as many use it under heavy dining tables. But at the same time, it is not a patio rug. It is meant for indoor use only. The size of the product allows using it for bigger areas like a living room or dining room. The rug is very tolerable to water and dries well without any deformations. It does not absorb odors and can be quickly cleaned with a vacuum cleaner.
Make an order just with a click.
Factors We Look at When Choosing Bamboo Rugs
Bamboo grows in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. China and India account for nearly 70% of bamboo production in the world.
A bamboo mat is produced from young plant stems or large pressed trunks. The planks are sanded to perfect smoothness, fastened with strong threads, and placed on a piece of fabric or rubberized base. These slatted rugs are ideal for use in the kitchen or bathroom. Such rugs come in various shapes. You can easily purchase a square or round bamboo rug. They can not only be laid on the floor but also used as a wall decoration. These planks are moisture-resistant, so they are ideal for the bathroom.
There are several factors to consider before purchasing bamboo floor mats.
- Check the rug composition. If you want to purchase an eco-friendly product, opt for the goods made of 100% bamboo;
- Think where you will use a bamboo rug. Not all of them are good for outdoor use;
- If you are going to put a mat in the high-traffic areas, pay attention to water-resistant features. This characteristic will allow you to use a rug in the bathroom, kitchen, or hallway and easily clean the rug when needed.
- Check for the quality and other certificates for bamboo goods;
- The bamboo is quite slippery, so the rugs should have an underside made of rubber or lined with anti-skid material;
- It is advisable to choose the rugs with borders finished with protective fabric. It will help avoid scratching;
- If you are interested in handmade rugs, note that there may be color inconsistency in such items.
Why Bamboo Rugs: What are the Benefits?
Rugs made of environmentally friendly material are always in trend. They fit perfectly into any interior, they are durable and easy to use. Moreover, some characteristics make them proudly stand out from the crowd of other floor covers. They are the following:
- Antiallergenic. An eco-friendly rug made of bamboo causes no harm even to people suffering from asthma.
- Durability. Bamboo is a very durable material that can serve for many years without losing its qualities;
- Easy care. This winning feature was one of the main reasons for the success of bamboo rugs;
- Affordable price. Since bamboo is grass that can grow 2 meters in just 1 day, this material is never in short supply. This factory greatly affects its cost. The only exception is handmade products for individual orders. But even in this case, a bamboo mat price will be much lower than its analog made in silk or wool;
- Bamboo is 100% environmentally friendly. Due to the growth rate, no pesticides or other chemical additives are used when growing the raw materials;
- Antibacterial properties. Some studies have shown that bamboo works well against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria. The rugs do not absorb or keep unpleasant odors. To avoid the appearance of fungus and mold, the rugs are processed with special compounds.
- Water resistance. Unlike other materials, bamboo fiber is not afraid of moisture. It has perfect moisture absorption and water does not affect its qualities.
- Good ventilation and thermal insulation. Due to its porous structure, the bamboo product is well ventilated, and at low room temperatures it is able to retain heat;
- Variety of colors. Bamboo can be dyed with a wide variety of water-repellent paints, which allows you to choose the most unique option for decorating your bathroom.
Which Certifications You Should look at When Choosing Bamboo Rugs
You may be interested to know what types of certifications bamboo rug products may have. Here is some information on how to read various logos on the labels:
FSC logo. It is used to prove that the bamboo raw materials have come from responsibly managed areas. An FSC logo is a sign proving that the environment was not affected in any way when harvesting bamboo.
GoodWeave label. The carpet industry has one of the highest child labor rates in the world. The independent certifying agency and global non-profit organization GoodWeave have certified over 80 carpet importers to ensure that the rug was produced by a qualified adult artisan and not a child.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to clean a bamboo rug?
Being a material of natural origin, bamboo needs careful handling. If you want a bamboo rug to serve you long, follow these rules:
- Bamboo rugs can be vacuum cleaned on both sides;
- Avoid detergents containing bleaching components that can damage the product;
- Dry the product in the fresh air, in a horizontal position;
- Avoid direct sunlight to prevent a rug from fading and burnt effects;
How to clean bamboo silk rugs?
A bamboo silk rug requires more delicate care than a traditional woolen or synthetic rug. In most cases, you will be able to clean it with a broom or vacuum cleaner. Be sure to raise the bristle bar to prevent the threads from pulling. If you need to remove a spill, do not rub it hard. Use a tissue to dry the liquid or a cloth soaked in a solution of white vinegar and water.
Are bamboo rugs waterproof?
Bamboo is durable and moisture-resistant material, and the same refers to goods made of it. Bamboo rugs are very popular due to this feature and are often used in the bathrooms.
What material are bamboo rugs made of?
Bamboo rugs are not made from bamboo itself, but from artificial cellulose fiber obtained by processing the trunks of this southern plant. This fiber is called rayon for its similarity to viscose.
Bamboo rugs are not a novelty on the market. This material has been used in Asian countries since time immemorial. However, the modern industry has implemented advanced ways of bamboo. As a result, there is a wide selection of environmentally friendly, hypoallergenic, moisture-resistant, and very lightweight floor rugs with original and unusual textures.
Bamboo rugs are usually produced in a minimalistic style, and they look natural in any interior. You will easily find suitable bamboo rugs for each area in your home.