One of the best ways of turning your fence into a small tropical paradise is by using renewable resources like a bamboo fence to get a natural appearance while simultaneously securing your compound. A bamboo privacy fence is all you need to keep your home private and achieve your freedom to do whatever you want away from prying eyes. You can use rolled bamboo fencing as a garden fence, Tiki bar, and exclusive outdoor space and backyard privacy. So let us dive in and explore bamboo fencing.
best bamboo for a privacy fence?
Buy On Amazon
What is a Bamboo Privacy Fence?
A bamboo privacy fence is a form of fencing made up of bamboo panels or slats. Apart from privacy, bamboo offers a nice aesthetic feel to your home, giving additional beauty to your compound. Bamboo is flexible and can have many uses, including privacy for convention events, backyard parties, room divider, patio protection, children's playhouse, and other uses. Low maintenance bamboo fencing is a possibility once you learn the tips that we shall provide. Let us look at some examples of bamboo fencing that you can get.
Bamboo Privacy Fencing
1) Gardman Split Bamboo Fencing
- Provides soft shade under arbors or pergolas
- Use for fencing or screening
- Natural look blends with any setting
- Banded with galvanized wire for durability
- 13' Long x 6' 6" High
Gardman is your ticket to privacy with a 100% split bamboo that will last long. The bamboo fencing has a natural look that will blend with any surface, making it easy to work with. Bamboo fencing just got better with each reed on the fence that has been treated for durability. The bamboos have galvanized wires for durability, and the bamboo fence can withstand any weather. You can use bamboo for many decorative ideas, like a sunlight filter. The fence is easy to install at a low cost.
2) Backyard X-Scapes Natural Bamboo Fence
- Natural Rolled Tonkin bamboo fencing panel. 1"D x 6't x 8'W. Commercial quality for indoor or outdoor use
- Characteristics: earth tone varied colors. Fire straitened poles exceptional strong with a tensile strength of Steel and the compression...
- Ease of installation and fitting: flexible for curved surfaces. Can be cut to length.
- Usage: perfect eco-minded alternative to other wood products. Commercial and residential interior or exterior environments.
- DURABILITY: UV and weather resistant, five rows of heavy gauge galvanized Steel wire run horizontally for added structural integrity.
With earth tone varied colors, you can keep your privacy and still stay stylish with X-Scapes. The bamboo roll is easy to install and fit in any space you want. Your backyard can now get the natural fencing it deserves, offering you the privacy that is vital for any home. The natural material used on the fence is resistant to UV and other weather elements that reduce the lifespan of bamboo. You can get additive shades if you wish to.
3) Forever Bamboo Natural Rolled Bamboo
- QUALITY: Bamboo fence is made of commercial grade Anji Mountain Tonkin Bamboo that is strong, durable, decorative, & sustainable
- VERSATILITY: Instantly add a tropical feel to your indoor or outdoor decor with bamboo fence rolls. Use as bamboo wall covering, balcony...
- EASY INSTALLATION: Bamboo garden fencing is ready to install and easy to care for with low maintenance on a flat or curved surface with...
- SUSTAINABLE: Natural Bamboo fencing is eco-friendly, affordable, and suitable for indoor and outdoor use. Unlike many conventional building...
- Bamboo is a natural product like other natural fencing. Effects of natural occurrences in bamboo can be seen such as splitting/cracking,...
Forever bamboo is quality bamboo from Anji Mountain in its finest form. China grows the best bamboo anywhere in the world and is world-renowned as the home of bamboos. The bamboo is strong enough to be used as a scaffold by construction workers. Therefore, fencing is lightweight compared to the work that bamboo can do.
Forever bamboo does not contain pesticides or any other heavy metals that might be toxic to the environment. In addition, each reed is held by galvanized steel wires that ensure the fence is strong and will last long.
4) Mininfa Natural Rolled Bamboo
- QUALITY - Our premium tonkin bamboo fence are all hand made, using the well selected quality bamboo from the subtropical monsoon climate...
- INSTALATION - A big advantage of bamboo is that it is easy to work with. Each 6 Bamboo Fence is held together by heavy-duty galvanized steel...
- USAGE - Tightly woven disign bamboo can be used for fencing, privacy screens, garden borders, pool fences, create more privacy for you, also...
- DURABILITY - Our bamboo poles are been heated treating before, to ensure stable good quality in use for long time. Also Each bamboo fence...
- 2 YEARS MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - If you are not 100% satisfied with our bamboo fence covering, we offer a 2 years money back guarantee,...
Anyone who loves bamboos loves the environment. Mininfa bamboo is eco-friendly and does not degrade the environment throughout the process of preparation to installation. The bamboo fencing is quality, picked from the subtropical monsoon climate that grows the best bamboo in the world. You can install the bamboo anyway you want, including on concrete, chain-link fence, or wooden frames. The bamboo is durable and has a two-year money-back policy which ensures you get a quality product.
5) MGP Bamboo Slat Rolled Fence
- The tropical and unique look of natural bamboo makes an attractive screen or fence for your garden.
- Individual pieces of slat bamboo are woven together with black nylon coated wire which prevents rust and makes a strong natural looking...
- It is flexible and can easily follow the contour of your landscape.
- Made with environmentally friendly, all-natural bamboo.
- 2'H x 14'L, Bamboo slats are approximately 1/2" wide.
MGP is a uniquely colored fence that will bring style to your backyard. You can use the bamboo to hide your trash receptacles, heating units, fencing backyards, and other purposes. The fence has flexibility that makes landscaping easy. You do not have to dig or break anything. MGP bamboo is a natural product in tune with nature and will therefore last you long before you consider replacing it. In addition, you do not need additional hardware to install the bamboo.
Frequently Asked Questions About Bamboo Privacy Fence
a) How Long Will a Bamboo Fence Last?
Bamboo is naturally resistant to termites. Therefore, it has a good chance of lasting as long as 20 years if well taken care of. Bamboo rolled fencing needs to be hosed using a power washer once every while to prevent algae from growing on the wood. Bamboo materials can be restored in case the reed fencing wears out. Bamboo is a tough material that can withstand adverse weather and last through the seasons without much maintenance on the bamboo fencing.
b) How do I Prevent Bamboo from Rotting?
Bamboo fencing roll can be the best choice for fencing. However, the year brings along different seasons that may take a toll on the bamboo and take away the tropical charm. When installing the fence, you need to avoid direct contact with the ground. Keep the bamboo a few inches from the ground as the first step towards preventing rot. If you have to burry part of the bamboo into the soil, use bitumen or tar to coat the wood, offering a degree of protection, just like you would on other traditional wood products.
Applying a sealer on the surface is another option you can explore. A sealer prevents the wood from the weather elements, hence from rotting. Weathering can cause cracking to the bamboo, and cracked bamboo is susceptible to rotting from moisture getting lodged inside the bamboo. Choose a waterproof sealant when shopping to protect the bamboo panels in the rain.
c) Is Bamboo Fencing a Fire Hazard?
Bamboo is wooden, and wood can catch fire if exposed to flames. Bamboo poles coated with a flammable wood stain put the fence at a higher risk of catching flames. Bamboo is flammable at 265 degrees Celsius ( 509 Fahrenheit), making it catch fire more readily than other wood types. The reed fencing will spread fire at a high rate in a dry season.
You can treat the bamboo with fire-resistant chemicals as a form of precaution. Know your environment. If you stay in areas that experience forest fires, then the bamboo privacy screen needs to be installed a good distance from the house or driveway.
d) Can I Stain Bamboo with a Dark Stain?
You may want to style your bamboo and cover it with a stain that matches your home or gates. There are a wide variety of wood stains you can choose from. One smart way of staining bamboo is by using a torch to heat treat the bamboo. Heat-treated fences will not only give you instant privacy but also add to the ambiance of the home by being a pleasant eye-catcher. In addition, you can easily customize the bamboo into any color you want, including white.
Just like other wood products, you need to sand the bamboo before staining them. Keep in mind that you need to use environmentally friendly stains, as the reason you are using bamboo is probably that you want to go for the natural, tropical charming look. Bamboo fencing looks a lot better when stained. You can sand patterns onto the bamboo poles to come up with intricate designs once you stain. Bamboo fences can be low maintenance when you use the correct stain.
e) Is Bamboo Fencing More Expensive than Wood?
On a general scale, bamboo fences are more expensive than wood because they are not readily available. However, bamboo poles do grow better in certain climates than others. You would still need five years to harvest poles ready to make bamboo fence rolls that will last long.
f) Can I Restore Weathered Bamboo Fence Panels?
Yes, you can restore weathered bamboo slats to last more days, serving you as a fence. All you need to do is identify what is ailing the bamboo. It could be mold, algae, or weathered stains. It would help if you cleaned the bamboo first using a hose before reapplying anything to it. Next, let the bamboo dry for two days before sanding it and repainting the surface. Finally, reseal the bamboo fence surface and get your new look back. The repair can be a good chance to try something new and get a fresh look from the fence.
Tips On Maintaining Bamboo Fences
i) Regular Maintenance After Installation
Bamboo fencing is one of the best investments you can make for your home. However, once you have installed the bamboo fencing, you need to constantly lookout for any wear that might befall the investment. After every 12 months, clean and reseal the bamboo fencing to keep away moisture and mold that might degrade the value.
Take some time to keep away the foliage from underneath the bamboo fence. Foliage can attract insects that might soon be interested in the bamboo. In addition, the bamboo fencing rolls can trap leaves when placed under a shade. Therefore, ensure the fence is clean at all times.
ii) Install a Few Inches From the Ground
Natural bamboo fencing needs a lot of considerations when installing. One of the things you need to do is ensure the bamboo is a few inches from the ground. Bamboo rolls touching the ground give direct access to termites that thrive on plant material. Bamboo that touches the ground is also exposed to runoff that might cause rotting on the bamboo poles. Bamboo fence panels should hang about 7-inches above the ground level.
iii) Do Not Use Nails to Join the Poles
Setting up a fence is for privacy, and the intention is that the fence should last long enough. A bamboo outdoors fencing will test the wind, pets, rain, and extreme weather conditions. The fence should withstand all these if you link them strongly to each other. You might be tempted to use nails. However, nails are a bad idea because they destroy the anatomical integrity of the bamboo. The bamboo structure runs vertically, and the strands are parallel to each other. Nails might lead to the splitting of the bamboo fence.
Instead of nails, use galvanized steel wires to hold the bamboos together. Alternatively, you can drill holes in the bamboo first, then use screws to hold the bamboo together. Bamboo products generally do not do well under the impact of hitting a nail into the body. Zip ties are a good option to tie one bamboo fencing panel to another. Zip ties will make your work easier to attach the bamboo quickly.
iv) Handle with Care
As we have established, high impact is not good for the bamboo as it might cause cracking. Dropping the bamboo on concrete or hitting with a hammer might cause splitting of the bamboo pole along the natural lines.
How to Clean Bamboo Fencing
Washing and cleaning are one of the best ways to care for bamboo for a long-lasting fence. You want to have a good sight while sitting out on your patio or hanging out in your garden. Use the following steps to clean the bamboo fencing.
- Spray a cleaning solution on the surface before commencing the washing. Be generous with the solution.
- Let the solution soak for up to 15 minutes before you start washing the fence.
- Using a nylon bristle brush, scratch the surface of the bamboo.
- Use a towel to wipe away any loose residue from the surface of the bamboo fencing.
- Rinse the surface using a water hose, ensuring each bamboo slat is neater than they previously were.
- Let the bamboo fencing rolls dry for two days before applying anything to its surface.
- Before applying anything to the surface, ensure that the weather and temperatures are favorable to avoid wasting the stain. When it is rainy or foggy, do not apply sealant. Wait for dryer days for that activity.
- The best way of applying sealant on the fence is to do two layers. Apply the second layer after two to three days.
- Using a bristle brush to scuff up the first layer before applying the second layer to achieve the best results.
- Remember to take care of the area under each galvanized steel wire attached to the bamboo fence.