1.125 as a fraction is 1 1/8. It is an improper fraction because the numerator (top number) is greater than the denominator (bottom number).
Checkout this video:
Convert 1.125 to a Fraction
To convert 1.125 to a fraction, divide the decimal number by the closest power of 10 that is less than the number. In this case, that would be 10. So, 1.125/10=0.1125. The answer can be simplified by getting rid of any common factors between the numerator and denominator. In this case, they can both be divided by 11/10. That gives you an answer of 11/10, or 1 1/10.
What is 1.125 as a Fraction?
1.125 as a fraction is 1 1/8.
How to Convert 1.125 to a Fraction
To convert 1.125 to a fraction, follow these steps:
1) Determine the decimal place value of the number. In 1.125, the decimal place value is in the thousandths place, so count how many digits there are to the right of the decimal point. There are three digits to the right of the decimal point, so multiply by 1000.
2) Add a zero to the end of the number and divide by 10. In this case, 1.125 would become 11.25 and be divided by 10 to equal 1.125 again.
3)Repeat step two until there is no remainder left or until there are no more digits left to bring down, whichever comes first. In this example, 11.25 would become 112.5 and then 1125 before finally becoming 11250 and 1000/890625
How to Convert 1.125 to a Mixed Number
Converting a decimal like 1.125 to a fraction isn’t as simple as it looks. For example, the number 1.125 could be written as a fraction in a number of different ways:
1 1/8 (this is the way we would write it in mixed form)
11/8 (this is the way we would write it in improper form)
9/8 (this is another way we could write it in improper form)
To convert 1.125 to a mixed number, we need to follow these steps:
1) Find the place value of the decimal point. In this case, it’s the tenths place. This means that we need to multiply 1.125 by 10 to get rid of the decimal point:
1.125 × 10 = 11.25
2) The number 11.25 is now a whole number with a decimal point in the ones place. The next step is to put this number over 10, which is one more than the place value of the decimal point:
11.25 ÷ 10 = 1 1/10 or 11/10 (they mean the same thing)
3) We can now simplify this fraction by finding the greatest common factor of 11 and 10:
GCF(11,10) = 1
This means that 1/10 can be simplified to 1/10, and that our final answer is: