Is Febreze Flammable?

We all know that Febreze is great for getting rid of tough odors, but is it safe to use around the house? We investigate whether Febreze is flammable and what you should do if you have an accident.

Checkout this video:

What is Febreze?

Febreze is a household product that is used to eliminate odors. It is available in several forms, including sprays, candles, and plug-ins. The active ingredient in Febreze is 1,1,1,2-tetrafluoroethane, which is a liquefied gas. When this substance evaporates, it binds to particles in the air that are responsible for producing odors. This creates a fresh smell in the room where Febreze is used.

How does Febreze work?

Febreze is a fabric refresher that is sprayed onto fabrics to eliminate odor. The main ingredient in Febreze is cyclodextrin, which is a carbohydrate that binds to molecules that cause odors. When the cyclodextrin molecules bind to these odor-causing molecules, they become heavier and fall to the ground, leaving behind fresh-smelling air.

What are the ingredients in Febreze?

The list of ingredients in Febreze Air aren’t what you’d expect. The first two ingredients are water and alcohol. That’s right, the main ingredients in Febreze are water and rubbing alcohol

Is Febreze safe to use?

Fabric refreshers like Febreze are safe to use on most fabrics, but you should always test them in an inconspicuous area first. Febreze is flammable, so you should keep it away from open flames, and you should never spray it directly onto a flame.

Are there any warnings associated with using Febreze?

While Febreze is not considered flammable, there are some warnings associated with using the product. The most important warning is to keep Febreze away from heat sources and open flames. This includes placing the product near candles, cigarettes, or stoves. If Febreze is exposed to heat or flames, it can release a harmful gas that can be dangerous if inhaled.

Another important warning is to keep Febreze out of reach of children and pets. If ingested, Febreze can cause vomiting and diarrhea in both children and animals. If you suspect your child or pet has ingested Febreze, it is important to contact a doctor or veterinarian immediately.

How flammable is Febreze?

Febreze is not highly flammable but it can catch fire if exposed to an open flame. The product’s Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) lists the product as a “low fire hazard” and advises that it should be kept away from heat sources.

What should you do if Febreze catches fire?

If Febreze catches fire, it is important to act quickly and carefully to avoid injury and damage to property. Never use water to extinguish a Febreze fire, as this will only spread the flames. The best way to put out a Febreze fire is to smother it with a non-flammable material such as sand or dirt. If you do not have access to sand or dirt, you can also use a fire blanket or extinguisher to smother the flames.

What to do if you accidentally ingest Febreze

If you have accidentally ingested Febreze, it is important to seek medical attention immediately. Febreze is a highly flammable product and can cause serious harm if swallowed.

How to store Febreze

You should always store Febreze in a cool, dry place. If you’re using it near an open flame, be sure to keep it away from heat sources and extinguish any flames before using it.

How to dispose of Febreze

Proper Febreze disposal starts with understanding what Febreze is and what it’s made of. Febreze is a fabric refresher made with a base of alcohol and essential oils. The type of alcohol used in Febreze is known as “denatured” alcohol, which means that it has been altered to make it undrinkable.