Damprid is a household product that draws water droplets from the air. On top of that, the product deals with mold, humidity, and mildew. For this task, Damprid uses several inorganic compounds including calcium chloride.
When you use Damprid, it creates a liquid. Since this liquid is a waste product, you will have to dispose of the liquid. However, there is a high chance that you might not know how to get rid of it.
Luckily, there are simple ways to get rid of Damprid. With this post, you will learn how to deal with Damprid. Also, you will learn all you need to know about the product.
How to Dispose of Damprid Liquid
Here are the various ways to remove Damprid from the container and different surfaces.
How to Get Rid of Damprid Liquid from the Container
After Damprid draws moisture from the air, it produces a liquid. To dispose of the liquid, you can
- Flush it down the sink: You can throw it down your bathroom sink. Then turn on the tap and flush the liquid down the sink.
- Flush it down the toilet: You can also dump the Damprid liquid in the toilet. Start by dumping the liquid in the toilet bowl. Next, flush the toilet until the liquid disappears. Also, check for spills on the seat and wipe them off.
How to Get Rid of Damprid Liquid Spills
As you raise the Damprid container, you might have a spill. However, you can clean out the spill without much work. Besides, you can use the same method to wipe Damprid from tiles, carpet, linoleum, and wood.
Here are the steps for removing Damprid spills from your floor.
From tiles, linoleum, and wood
- Get a clean, dry towel.
- Use the towel to soak up excess Damprid from the floor.
- Get some water from the tap and pour it on the stained area.
- Wipe the area with the towel until you have no spills.
- Fold a clean towel in half and press it on the wet area.
- Continue soaking up the carpet until it feels dry.
- Leave the area for 24 hours to dry completely.
- After 24 hours, check the wet part of the carpet. If there is any residue, wet the area and soak up the residue.
Do you have Damprid liquid on your clothes? Well, you can remove the liquid without any hassles.
Throw the clothing into the washing machine and wash as always. If the stain remains, you can wash it for a second time.
For clothes that require professional care or marked with “dry cleaners only”, take them to your regular dry cleaner. But before taking the stained cloth, wet the stained area. Then wipe the area with some terry cloth and take it to the cleaners.
When Should I Dispose of the Damprid Liquid?
If the crystals have almost disappeared, then you will have to dispose of the liquid in the container. Remember to also place new crystals in the product.
How Does Damprid Work?
When you expose Damprid crystals to the air, they undergo three different stages. Now here are the various changes that occur with Damprid crystals.
The exposed crystals draw water from the air. Next, the crystals turn into a solid mass and start to drip. Then the resulting liquid gathers at the bottom of the container.
The liquid gradually leaves the upper chamber and flows into the lower one. By now, most of the crystals should have dissolved in the liquid.
The bottom Damprid chamber becomes full with Damprid liquid. Also, the crystals/solid mass turns into smaller pieces.
Is Damprid Liquid Dangerous?
Although Damprid uses natural products, they should not touch your skin or eyes. Besides, you should not swallow the substance or feed it to your pets.
What Should I Do If Damprid Liquid Spills on My Skin or Eyes?
If the liquid touches your skin, wash with soap and water. But if you notice any irritation, ensure that you visit the hospital.
If the liquid spills on your eyes, flush it with water for 15 minutes. After cleaning your eyes, try visiting the hospital.
Can I Reuse the Damprid Liquid?
No, do not recycle the Damprid liquid. If you can’t find any crystals in the container, dump the liquid into the sink or drain.
Extra Tips for Using Damprid
If you want the Damprid crystals to create enough liquid, you should use them properly. Now here are some quick tips for working with Damprid crystals.
- Do not allow pets and children to come in contact with Damprid.
- Use Damprid in areas that will not tip over.
- If you stay in a hot area, you will have to change the Damped more times than in cooler areas
- Keep the Damprid container in spots where it won’t tip over.
- Refill the Damprid container after dumping the old liquid.
If you have enough excess moisture in your home, you will have to deal with mildew and other annoying issues. However, Damprid is one of the easy tools for taking out dampness in homes, RVs, and other locations.
Damprid can deal with problems caused by high moisture content. After exposing the crystals to open air, they become smaller and send a liquid to the lower chamber.
The liquid is the waste product from the melting Damrid crystals. After collecting the liquid in the lower chamber, you should dispose of its contents
You can dump the liquid in the sink or toilet. If there are any spills on your floor, wipe with a cloth and allow to dry. For spills that touched your clothes, wash the clothes as you would with regular clothes.
Keep the Damprid liquid away from clothes, eyes, and skin. Before dumping the waste, ensure that the bottom container contains a large amount of liquid. Also, confirm if the top chamber has fewer or no crystals.