If you’re considering getting your nails done with polygel, you may be wondering if you can paint over them. The short answer is yes, you can! Keep reading to learn more about painting over polygel nails.
Checkout this video:
What is Polygel?
Polygel is a relatively new product on the market that is becoming increasingly popular among nail technicians and their clients. It is a type of gel that is used to extend the length of natural nails and can also be used to create artificial nail enhancements. Polygel is a brush-on gel that is applied in thin layers and cured under a UV or LED light. It can be used to create either french tips or full coverage artificial nails.
What is the Difference Between Polygel and Gel Polish?
Polygel and gel polish are both types of products that can be used to enhance the look of your nails. Both products can be applied over natural nails or tips, and both can be cured under a UV or LED light. However, there are some key differences between the two products.
Polygel is a newer product on the market that is similar to traditional gel in terms of application and cure time. However, polygel is a much thicker product that is designed to add bulk to the nail. This makes it ideal for those who have thin, weak nails that need a little extra support. Polygel is also less likely to chip or peel than traditional gel polish, making it a more durable option.
Gel polish, on the other hand, is a thinner product that is designed to add shine and color to the nails. Gel polish does not add any bulk or strength to the nails, but it can help protect them from chipping and peeling. Gel polish can also be removed more easily than polygel, making it a good option for those who like to change up their look frequently.
Can You Paint Over Polygel Nails?
If your polygel nails are starting to look a little dull, you may be wondering if you can paint over them. The short answer is yes, you can! Painting over polygel nails is a great way to give them a new lease on life and make them look fresh again.
Before you start painting, it’s important to prep your nails correctly. Start by trimming and filing your nails so that they are all the same length. Then, use a buffer to buff the surface of your nails so that the polish will have something to adhere to. Once your nails are prepped, you can start painting!
When painting over polygel nails, it’s best to use a gel polish or regular nail polish with a top coat. Apply the polish in thin coats, waiting for each one to dry completely before adding the next. Once you’re happy with the color and coverage, finish with a top coat to protect your manicure.
How to Remove Polygel Nails
Polygel nails are a type of false nail that is made from a gel. They are considered to be more durable than acrylic or gel nails, and they can last up to six weeks without chipping or breaking. However, if you want to change the color of your polygel nails, you will need to remove the old polish first. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to remove polygel nails:
1. Start by trimming the nails down as short as possible. This will make it easier to remove the polish and avoid damaging your natural nails.
2. Next, use a nail file to gently buff the surface of the nails. This will help to loosen the bond between the polish and the nails.
3. Now, soak a cotton ball in acetone-free nail polish remover and press it firmly against each nail.
4. Wrap each nail in aluminum foil and let it sit for 10-15 minutes. This will help to dissolve the gel polish.
5. After 10-15 minutes, remove the foil and cotton balls from each nail and use a orange stick or manicure brush to gently scrape away any remaining gel polish.
6. Wash your hands with soap and water to remove any traces of acetone before applying new polish to your polygel nails