While most modern kitchen appliances already consume lots of electricity, getting a microwave that won't add to the bills is a great idea. The best low wattage microwave is an amazing option as it can be able to cook and reheat a wide range of meals while still saving on the electricity cost. However, not all low-wattage microwaves are good enough. So, it would always help if you were careful when picking one.
We have included an in-depth review of each of the best low-wattage microwaves and more information to help out in making an informed decision on the microwave that suits your needs. Hopefully, you'll find everything you need to know about low-wattage microwave ovens in this post.
What is a Low Wattage Microwave?
Nowadays, microwave manufacturers offer a wide range of power outputs to match different needs. For instance, you can find microwaves that offer 600 watts of power while others can go up to 1250 watts. Microwaves that have a power output of between 600W and 900W are the ones considered low-wattage microwaves.
Low wattage microwaves are energy efficient and offer amazing conveniences making them an excellent option for travelers and small spaces. In addition, these microwaves provide basic cooking requirements. So, if power output and energy consumption are your main concerns, you should consider the low-watt microwaves below.
1. Toshiba EM131A5C-SS Microwave Oven with a Smart Sensor
- 【Pre-programmed sensor menu】 for optimum heating of popular foods like pizza, potatoes, veggies and more; Power Wattage (Microwave):...
- 【Stylish Appearance with Large Interior, fitting a 12inch Pizza】Stainless Steel exterior (color of door frame is stainless steel,...
- 【Other Functions】1100 watts with 10 power settings, defrost by time&weight, clock, and kitchen timer
- 【Practical Control Panel】Large digital display, easy-to-read control panel. The keypad was covered by a protective film during the...
- 【Mute Function】If you wish to mute the buzzer of the microwave, pleas long press on the button "8" for 3-5 seconds. The buzzer is...
Toshiba EM131A5C-SS Microwave Oven with a Smart Sensor, the best low wattage microwave in the market today, comes with all the crucial features you would want in a great low wattage microwave oven. It is a compact and fully featured microwave that measures 19.2 inches wide, 15.9 inches deep and 11.5 inches tall.
This Toshiba countertop microwave oven comes with several preset buttons for veggies, popcorn, pizza, etc., to ensure you can easily prepare such meals. It also includes a child safety lock which is quite crucial for a compact, low-wattage microwave. This commercial chef microwave feels the best to use with a maximum power output of 1100 watts and a great ergonomic handle.
Moreover, there is a mute button that helps turn off the alerts and beeps while cooking, which is one of the best features of this microwave. It also features a small sensor that automatically measures your food's humidity and automatically adjusts both the power level and time. This Toshiba 1.2 cubic foot countertop microwave is definitely worth your coins if you're looking for the best low-wattage microwave.
2. COMFEE' EM720CPL-PM Countertop Microwave Oven
- Stylish stainless steel finish, compact size: 0.7 cubic-foot capacity, 700 watts and 11 power levels
- Mute function, settings, clock, kitchen timer, child safety lock, easy auto-cook functions: Popcorn, potato, pizza, frozen veggie, beverage,...
- One touch express cooking function with 1-6 minutes and +30 seconds functions, and two defrost settings (by weight or by time)
- Energy saving Eco mode: Minimizing 50% standby power by turning on ECO mode
- Bright digital display, easy-to-read control panel, interior light and 10 inch glass turntable
Coming with beautiful white color and shape, the COMFEE' EM720CPL-PM Countertop Microwave Oven is an ideal option for vacation, apartment kitchens, dorms, offices, and kitchens. It measures 10 inches tall, 17.3 inches wide, and 13 inches deep, making it great for small spaces.
It offers a power output of 700W with 11 power levels, which means you can set the desired powered level for different meals to achieve the best cooking results. This low-wattage microwave oven features a 0.7 cubic feet capacity and a removable 10-inch glass turntable for convenient use.
Additionally, the accessible automatic cooking functions for pizza, beverages, frozen veggies, popcorn, and reheating meals make this low-wattage microwave oven easy to use. With other amazing features like a sound-off mode, energy-saving eco mode, and a child safety lock, this compact microwave provides impressive cooking experiences.
3. Black+Decker EM720CB7 Digital Microwave Oven
- Pre-programmed buttons for popcorn, potato, pizza, frozen vegetable, beverage and dinner plate
- 700 Watts with 10 power settings, clock and kitchen timer, 30 Seconds Express Cooking
- Large LED digital display, easy-to-read control panel, child safety lock, interior light, removable 10” glass turntable
- Push-button door release for easy access
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 17.3” x 13.0” x 10.2”
Measuring at only 17.3 inches wide by 13 inches deep and 10.2 inches tall, the Black+Decker EM720CB7 Digital Microwave Oven is a nice and compact microwave that is perfect for small spaces. It also weighs 22.5 pounds with a 0.7 cubic feet capacity. It is one of the best fully-featured low-wattage microwaves as it matches all your kitchen requirements.
With a power of 700 watts, this microwave consumes less electricity, but you still get the best results. It includes a removable 10-inch glass turntable to ensure the foods are prepared evenly and also for easy cleaning. One of the outstanding features of this microwave is the digital LED display that includes pre-programmed buttons for common meals.
This makes this microwave easy to use as you can prepare popular meals without having to set the cooking time and power levels. These pre-programmed buttons include pizza, beverages, popcorn, potato, dinner plate, and frozen vegetable. In addition, the wide range of power settings ensures that the microwave can cope with the different cooking requirements.
4. Galanz GLCMKA07BER-07 Retro Microwave Oven
- 700W With 6 Variable Power Levels Galanz 0.7 Cu.Ft, 700 Watts Microwave Oven With Lighting Pull Handle, Microwave Oven Offers Six Power...
- Interior Light & Child Lock Interior Light For Checking The Status Without Having To Open The Doors. The Safety Lock Prevents Unsupervised...
- Defrost & Led Display For All Your Frozen Foods, Defrost By Time Or Weight So You Can Enjoy More Flavorful Foods. Easy-To-Read Led Display...
- 360°Rotating Evenly Heating 360° Heating And Rotation Of Glass Turntable During Operation Helps Cook Food More Evenly And Then Improves...
The Galanz GLCMKA07BER-07 Retro Microwave Oven is another compact size microwave that measures 17.8 inches wide, 13.7 inches deep and 10.3 inches tall. It provides a capacity of 0.7 Cu. Ft, 700 watts of power output, and six power levels. It also offers impressive features like the child lock safety and a good interior light for checking the process without opening the microwave door.
This low-watt microwave oven features an easy-to-read LED display that clearly indicates the time remaining for your meal to finish cooking. You can quickly microwave or defrost all your foods by choosing the time and the power level from the display. As one of the best countertop microwave ovens, it includes a glass turntable that ensures the food is cooked effectively in a short time.
In addition, this low wattage microwave over includes a roller ring, reliable power cors, glass tray, shaft, and roller ring for easy use. If you're looking to buy a microwave for your smaller family, then this might be the best selection for the kitchen and can be used by two to four family members.
5. Farberware Classic FMO07AHTBKJ 0.7 Cu. Ft. 700-Watt Microwave Oven
- QUICK & EASY: Prepare meals and snacks in a snap with this compact microwave that packs 700 Watts of output power. 1-6 min. Express cooking...
- CONVENIENT: Farberware 0.7 Cu. Ft. microwave oven is the ideal anywhere you need it small microwave solution for home or office. Full-sized...
- COOK EASY & POWERFUL: The microwave offers 10 power levels with multi-stage cooking. Fully customize your cooking with 6 one-touch cooking...
- GET A CLEAR VIEW: The LED display with kitchen timer and clock lets you keep track of time while the easy-view interior LED lighting lets...
- STYLE & FUNCTION: Stylish Brushed Stainless-Steel front and handle for a stylish, elegant look and the child safety lock function provides...
When it comes to performance, the Farberware Classic FMO07AHTBKJ 0.7 Cu. Ft. 700-Watt Microwave Oven delivers amazing power and performance. This low-wattage microwave oven is not only stylish but is also suitable for families. It features thoughtful features like multi-stage cooking, child safety lock and more to improve its effectiveness.
With a power out of 700W, this compact low-watt microwave oven can handle all your basic cooking requirements. The brushed stainless steel design adds a touch of durability and elegance to the microwave. This finishing also makes it easy to clean the microwave. Moreover, this appliance includes an easy defrost by time or weight settings for convenience.
It is preset with six one-touch pre-programmed menus to ensure you can cook or heat your favorite meals with one touch of a button. The removable glass turntable ensures the heat is distributed evenly and also makes cleaning easier. In addition, the multi-stage function enables to set of different heat levels.
What Are the Benefits of a Low-Wattage Microwave?
If you live in small apartments or have less counter space, then a good microwave that takes too much of your counter space or dorm room will do you more harm than good. Most of the low-wattage microwaves have a countertop microwave oven design and don't require you to have a lot of countertop space. This means that low wattage countertop microwave oven can fit in tight spaces in your kitchen area.
2. Energy Efficient
Unlike other microwaves that can be used to reheat leftovers or cook food, a low-watt microwave will consume a lot less energy. This means your electricity bill is reduced.
3. Ease of Use
Since the best low-wattage microwave will come with fewer features in comparison to the large and best microwave oven, it is much easier to use. With less cooking power and an easy-to-use control panel with cooking settings like power levels and kitchen time, the cooking process becomes much more manageable. The voice control feature provides easy control. Some of them will also include preset functions like pizza, potato, dinner plate, veggies, etc. Cleaning is also made easier with the removable turntable.
Generally, small low-wattage microwave ovens tend to have few features, which means the probability of the best low-wattage microwave breaking down is also reduced. This is because it is less likely for the few features to stop working than numerous features in larger microwaves.
What Should You Consider Before Purchasing the Best Low Wattage Microwave?
Generally, the smaller the microwave's carbon footprint, the more power efficiency you will get and the less energy is wasted. Some microwaves deliver a great capacity without wasting a lot of energy. The capacity of your microwave should be dependent on the number of people you're hoping it will serve. It is vital to find a compact, low-power microwave with a roomy turnable and sufficient cubic feet capacity.
The size of the microwave is another critical consideration. However, this too depends on your living capacity. While the best low-wattage microwave will probably be smaller, low-wattage microwaves come in different sizes you can decide on, based on your needs.
2. Ease of Use
While you're on the road or simply at home, you can't afford to use a microwave that is challenging to use. There, it pays to get a smart low wattage microwave that not only has easy-to-use functions but is also easy to maintain. Some small microwave ovens will include preset functions or cooking settings, voice control, and a large LED digital display or control panel to make them easy to use.
When it comes to cleaning, the small microwave oven should be easy to disassemble and assemble quickly. While all low-wattage microwave ovens will cook longer than higher ones, there are units that are able to maximize their wattage limits for faster cooking.
Another vital feature when it comes to the best low-wattage microwave and other kitchen appliances is the safety features. These safety features will improve the functionality of the low-wattage microwave and ensure the safety of you and your family. Fortunately, most low watts microwave ovens will come with reliable safety features like the child lock, keypad lock to ensure your younger ones are safe.
Different small low wattage microwave ovens come with different features, and it all depends on how much you're willing to spend. When creating a budget for a microwave, it is essential to consider all the essential features you would want in a small microwave. Ideally, the best low-wattage microwave should have great functionality and be easy to use.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Low Watt Microwave
1. What is the lowest wattage in a microwave?
Depending on the design and use of the microwave, the low-watt microwave may differ. For example, when it comes to one designed for office or home use, for cooking and reheating food, the lowest wattage you can get to cater to your cooking tasks is 500 watts. However, for camping, the lowest wattage for a camping microwave is about 45 watts because most camping microwaves are designed to work with an inverter or direct current.
2. How many watts are in a basic microwave?
Most microwaves will have power outputs that are between 600 to 1200 watts. Generally, the larger the microwave, the more expensive it will be and the more likely it will have a higher watt. So, the size and price can significantly influence the microwave's power and its cooking performance.