From time to time, we all have been there:
Even if you try to have good sleep habits, you may wake up still feeling tired and fatigued.
The bad news? It has a negative effect on your physical and mental health.
Humans spend 1/3 of their life sleeping.
A good sleep play a key role in people’s life: it has an influence on your overall well-being and can affect your productivity and concentration.
While you may know the optimal amount of sleep you need to function optimally, have you ever thought about the role of your bedroom accessories?
Believe it or not, the material of your sheets matters.
And what’s the best choice? Bamboo bedding!
Bamboo fabric is a natural material made from bamboo grass, one of the fastest-growing plants on the Earth. In fact, it’s an organic eco-friendly material: as it grows fast, bamboo fabric is easy to produce. Moreover, it doesn’t require chemicals, so bamboo doesn’t harm the planet.
In comparison with cotton, Bamboo fabric is considered to be softer, stronger, and more resilient.
To make a long story short, bamboo bed sheets should be your choice.
Still, not convinced? Keep on reading.
The popularity of Bamboo fabric is on its rise. More and more manufacturers start using this material.
- It’s organic. Bamboo grows naturally, without any chemical pesticides. Thus, organic Bamboo bedding is eco-friendly which means it is better for the planet and your health. Furthermore, organic materials help to get long-term comfort.
- It’s hypoallergenic. Since Bamboo is a natural material, it is better for skin prone to allergies. The key point is that Bamboo fibers don’t irritate the skin, so you can enjoy a good sleep. It also reduces the amount of moisture, so the material is safer for people who suffer from allergies.
- It’s antibacterial. Do you know that Bamboo has 8% antibacterial rate? It does not only protect the body against unwanted bacteria but kills odor, too. One study has found that antimicrobial fabrics slow down the bacteria growth, control the disease spreading, and minimize the chances of infection. Thus, it’s safer for you to sleep on Bamboo bedding.
- It’s soft. Thanks to its texture, Bamboo fabric looks and feels softer. Moreover, Bamboo fabric is breathable and lightweight, so it allows air circulation to your skin. When bed clothes are soft to touch, it makes your sleep better. Therefore, you feel refreshed in the morning.
- It’s thermo-regulating. Bamboo fabric can keep your body’s temperature despite the weather conditions. Preventing your from overheating, it minimizes the risks of health problems. Moreover, it’s all about your comfort.
- It’s resilient. Another good point is that Bamboo bedding can keep its shape after using and washing. Plus, it looks great even after constant using.
- It’s durable. Who doesn’t want to buy bed sheets that last long? As Bamboo fiber is stronger than other materials, it’s more durable. Therefore, you can use it for many years.
Do you Need to Get Bamboo Bed Set?
Wondering if Bamboo bed set is the right choice for you? Ask yourself the following questions:
- Is your skin prone to allergies?
- Are you sweating a lot at night?
- Do you value your comfort?
- Do you take care of our planet?
- Do you want bed sheets to last long?
If you have answered ‘yes’ to one or more questions, buying Bamboo bedding sets is right for you!
How to Choose the best Bamboo Bed Sheets
Since most people buy new bedding once in a blue moon, it’s crucial to remind yourself how to choose the best set that can last good years.
To begin with, let’s find out what factors matter:
- Material and its qualities
- Design and size
And here’s how to choose the best Bamboo bed sheets:
- Take a look at the packaging label. The first thing you should pay attention to is the used material. Bamboo fabric comes in four varieties - bamboo rayon, bamboo lyocell, bamboo blended with cotton, and bamboo linen.
- Choose the right weave. There are two common types of weaves - Twill and Sateen. Depending on the way the material is woven, you can expect to get strong and durable sheets with a crisp feel (Twill) or buy extra soft sheets yet less durable (Sateen). While twill weave is more common, you can find also sateen weave that is more luxurious and feels silkier.
- Pay attention to the size options. The quality of bedding means nothing if it doesn’t fit your mattress. Before choosing bed sheets, think about the right size for you and read the label to ensure that you will buy the best option.
- Read online reviews. Modern customers are ready to share their experience with other people to help them buy a better option. Read what other customers say online and listen to them.
- Look for guarantees. Even if you’ve examined bedding and you believe you’ve made the right choice, check whether the company has returning policies. In fact, top-notch companies will always provide customers with guarantees as they are certain about the quality of their products.
Do’s and Don’ts that Help to Care for Your Bamboo Bedding
Once you’ve chosen your bamboo bedding sets, you want them to last long, right?
And taking proper care for your bamboo bedding is a proven way to keep it in a good shape. The more you care about the fabric, the longer it stays in a shape and color.
- Change bed sheets every 10-14 days.
- Wash your bed clothes separately.
- Use detergent instead of powder.
- Drap the sheets flat to dry.
- Hand dry if possible.
- Store in a cool dry place.
- Use bleach, fabric softener, and other chemicals.
- Wash in hot water.
To enjoy the softness of bamboo bedding, ensure you take care for your sheets. Proper bedding care allows you to enjoy the comfort of your bed clothes.
The Bottom Line
From being an organic material to long-term durability, bamboo bedding has many benefits for your health and comfort. Therefore, choosing bamboo fabric as the main material for your bed clothes is a great way to improve the quality of your sleep.
Do you want to get quality sleep without waking up during the night and stay refreshed in the morning? Pay attention to bamboo bedding.
Next time you’re about to hit the sack, think about giving bamboo bed sheets a try. I bet you’ll see the positive effect of bamboo fabrics soon.