If you are handling a diamond painting bead project, you might have excess beads left over. When this happens, you might feel like dumping the extra beads in the trash.
But disposing of the beads might not be a great idea. After all, you can still use these items for a number of other interesting things.
Things to Do with Leftover Diamond Painting Beads
Would like to know some cool things you can do with your leftover diamond painting beads? Here are 8 simple ideas that will not take most of your time. Also, they will not require much cash.
1. Donate the Beads to Kids
If the painting beads are in good condition, you might donate them to a local school or children’s charity. After all, these places offer art classes where the beads can be used.
Before you donate the beads to these places, confirm if they accept such donations. If they do, you can submit the beads to assigned locations.
2. Add them to Your Footwear
If you feel like showing your playful side, you can add leftover diamond painting beads to your shoes. To create something spectacular, you can get inspiration from Pinterest or other websites.
Here are the steps that might help you to enhance your footwear.
- Select the footwear that you want to work on.
- Clean the shoes with a damp cloth.
- Think about the design that you like to use on the shoes.
- Bring out the leftover diamond painting beads.
- Get a jewel setter and place the beads in a tray.
- Apply some glue to a small patch of the shoe. Then add the bead to the glue. Continue until you get your preferred pattern.
- Allow the glue to set and dry off. Most brands of glue are set within a few hours.
- Use acetone to wipe out any glue stains.
- Wipe the diamond painting beads with a cloth to make them look better.
- Wear the shoes and care for them.
3. Make Special Diamond Bottle Art
Since diamond beads make anything look good, you can use them to decorate bottles. If you arrange the beads properly, you can create some interesting bottle art.
- Get a bottle with a wooden cork.
- Pour in beads of the same color at the bottom of the bottle.
- Layer these beads with another set of beads with different colors.
- Continue adding the beads until you fill the bottle.
- Add a hook for hanging the bottle or lay it on your preferred spot.
4. Make a Diamond Bead Pen Holder
Are you tired of losing pens or pencils? Well, you can place them in a holder made from leftover diamond beads. Here are the steps that you can use to make this item.
- Get a mason jar or any suitable container
- Fill the container with the leftover diamond beads.
- Leave the jar open.
- Place the pens or pencils into the pencil holder.
- Set the holder on your desk in your home or office.
5. Make a Diamond Greeting Card
It does not require much to spice up your special holidays. Instead of sending boring cards to your loved ones, consider sending diamond greeting cards. To make these items, you can try the following steps.
- Gather the items that you will need for the task. With this in mind, you will need colored paper, glue, leftover beads, a pencil, scissors, and a ruler.
- Draw a rectangle on the cardboard and cut it out. Then fold the paper into two halves.
- Cut out another cardboard with a different color. Ensure that it is smaller than the first cardboard. Then place it at the front of the card
- Cut out the third rectangle and glue it into the card. Here, you will write the card’s messages.
- Go to the front of the card and sketch the design that you want to place the beads. For this part of the project, use a pencil.
- Apply some glue to the pencil lines and add the buttons. Continue adding the diamond beads until you finish your design.
- Allow the glue to dry up, then write out your message on the card.
6. Brighten Your Dog’s Collar
Apart from your footwear or cards, diamond painting beans can improve the look of your dog’s collar. If you like, you can also use the materials on your cat’s collar.
- Pick a collar in a light color.
- Sketch out the pattern that you want to draw on the collar.
- Apply some strong glue to the drawn pattern.
- Arrange the beads so that they stay on the collar
7. Create a Shiny Mask
Are you bored with your facemask? If yes, you can change the appearance and make it more attractive with diamond beads. Here are some steps that should help you with this activity.
- Get a cloth mask.
- Sketch a design on the mask with a pencil.
- Apply some glue and add the diamond beads.
- Allow the glue to dry completely.
8. Turn it Into Nail Art
If you are looking for an excuse to wear diamond beads on your fingers, consider attaching them to your nails. Since you want to look stunning, ensure that the beads are placed on manicured nails.
- Place some nail adhesive on your nails
- Apply the beads
- Secure the beads with another coat of paint.
Diamond painting beads create beautiful art. But when you have an excess of these materials, they can become annoying.
Using painting beads for projects stand as an ideal way to use leftover beads. Instead of dumping them in the trash, consider using them for holders, bottle art, and cards. You might even use the beads to brighten your pet’s collar.
To place the beads on most materials, you will need a strong adhesive. So for any of the projects, ensure that you have top-quality glue from a good brand.