As you look for healthier ways of living, you'll need safer ways to prepare meals to ensure you don't expose your family to unnecessary risks. One of the ways to do this is by lowering the amount of fat you use to prepare crispy fried foods. Instead of deep-frying your meals, you can now air fry them using the best air fryer for a family of 4. This appliance can help you reduce the number of calories you consume and promote a safer lifestyle for your household.
This post contains the top five units on the market and the factors for consideration as you choose.
1. COSORI Air Fryer Large XL Air Fryer Oven
- COSORI NEW-GENERATION AIR FRYER: The Pro II Air Fryer features customizable functions, an enhanced heating element and an optimized...
- SAVE YOUR FAVORITE FLAVORS: With customizable cooking functions, you can customize and save the time and temperature of any preset. You can...
- AdaptIQ TECHNOLOGY: Rapid 360° air circulation heats food quickly, providing a crispy textures and even results, helping you make meals...
- 12 ONE-TOUCH COOKING FUNCTIONS: Steak, Chicken, Seafood, Shrimp, Bacon, Frozen Foods, French Fries, Vegetables, Toast, Bake, Preheat, Keep...
- PERSONALIZED SHAKE REMINDER: Add or cancel the built-in Shake Reminder to suit your preference
Top of the list is the COSORI Air Fryer which is the best air fryer for a family of 4. It's designed with a compact frame that makes it a suitable option for your kitchen counter. You won't need to clear out other appliances to accommodate this air fryer since it features squared corners that ensure it conserves space.
This unit is the perfect choice for dry and crispy foods that don't have as much fat as deep-fried foods. You can enjoy a customized frying experience since this air fryer comes with 12 cooking functions. As a result, you can enjoy a lot of flexibility as you make meals for your family.
Some recipes require you to shake the food during the cooking process. This COSORI fryer can help you remember when it's time for shaking, courtesy of the Shake Reminder function. So, you can say goodbye to forgetting to flip your food thanks to the innovative features this unit offers.
The baskets inside this air fryer are non-stick and dishwasher safe, meaning you can remove them after preparing food for an easy cleaning time. The package includes 100 different recipes which you can try out with this air fryer. No doubt, this COSORI option is among the best air fryers on the market.
2. Ninja Air Fryer Max XL
- LESS FAT: Up to 75% less fat than traditional air frying methods. Tested against hand-cut, deep-fried French fries.
- MAX CRISP TECHNOLOGY: Delivers 450 degrees of superheated air to cook foods up to 30 % faster (Versus Ninja AF100) for hotter, crispier...
- XL CAPACITY: The 5.5 QT ceramic coated nonstick basket and crisper plate fit 3 pounds of french fries or chicken wings.
- 7-IN-1 FUNCTIONALITY: Includes 7 versatile cooking programs: Max Crisp, Air Fry, Air Roast, Air Broil, Bake, Reheat & Dehydrate.
- EASY CLEANING: The ceramic basket is both nonstick & dishwasher safe.
The second option among the best air fryers for a family of 4 is the Ninja Air Fryer Max XL, which has a 5.5-quart capacity suitable for a family meal. It features 7 functions, including air fry, broil, dehydrate, reheat, bake, air roast, and max 450. This offers you enough control over your cooking experience so that you can prepare food in an ideal way.
The control panel is accessible and easy to use, making this unit a family-friendly option. It also comes with a digital countdown timer which allows you to preheat the fryer if the recipe requires it. Broiling with this unit is a breeze since it features a broil rack that ensures a perfect finish for your broils.
You'll be glad to know that this air fryer has a ceramic-coated crisper plate that lets hot air pass underneath the food to deliver an all-around crispy meal. When you buy this unit, you'll get an additional recipe book with 20 recipes which you can start trying out as soon as you wish.
3. GoWISE USA Digital Air Fryer
- Enjoy your favorite food without the extra calories. This air fryer allows you to fry, bake, grill, and roast with little to no oil. Make...
- Sleek and modern look with advanced touch screen menu. Take the guesswork out of cooking with the built-in touch screen menu featuring 8...
- Featuring a new Start/Stop button to change time and temperature in the middle of a cook cycle. Don’t forget to shake with the new...
- Comes with non-stick pan and detachable basket equipped with a cool touch handle and button guard to prevent accidental detachment. Shake...
- Includes recipe book, This recipe book is filled with 50 recipes specifically made for GoWISE USA Air Fryers. Choose from a variety of meals...
Another great option to consider is the GoWISE USA digital Air Fryer which is perfect for frying, baking, roasting, and grilling food without oil. This countertop appliance is designed to get your chicken wings, french fries, or steak extra-crispy without losing flavor. It features a compact design that can help conserve space on your kitchen counter.
The touch-screen menu is built with user-friendliness as the priority. You won't have to guess how to operate it because the integrated touch screen menu offers 8 presets for maximum versatility in the kitchen. Plus, the wide temperature range will allow you to set the ideal heat level for your food to cook as it should.
Sometimes, you might need to adjust the temperature while the food is still cooking, which can be challenging. Fortunately, the GoWISE USA air fryer offers a Start/Stop button that lets you do so without affecting the performance of the unit. The basket is detachable, and the pan is non-stick, which ensures you have an easy time cleaning these components after use.
4. Ultrean Air Fryer Electric Air Fryer
- Enjoy Food with Less Fat or Oil: With Ultrean air fryer you can enjoy the same fried and crispy foods with less fat and grease
- Get a Multifunction Cooker That Saves Your Time and Money: Aside from air frying you can also grill, roast, and bake your favorite food with...
- Hassle-Free Operation: With accessible buttons and an easy cooking set up, It comes with an auto switch off timer (0-30mins) and adjustable...
- Easy to Clean: It has a nonstick pan, heat-resistant handle, and a detachable dishwasher safe basket, so it’s easy to cook and clean the...
- Contemporary Design: With an LCD display and a bonus recipe book to help you prepare your fried food, snacks, grilled, and baked foods
There's no need to give up your favorite crispy foods to avoid fat and grease when you have the Ultrean Air Fryer. This unit is built to handle multiple cooking functions like air frying, roasting, baking, and grilling, thanks to the in-built rapid air technology. This electric air fryer will cook your chicken wings evenly and ensure you take a shorter time to get them ready.
With a temperature range of 180-400 degrees Fahrenheit, you can find the best heat for your food to cook. Plus, the control buttons are straightforward and don't require any technical expertise to operate. The automatic switch-off timer is another innovative feature on this air fryer, allowing you to enjoy a relaxed cooking process.
You won't have to hand wash the components of this unit since it comes with a detachable basket that's also dishwasher safe. Additionally, the pan has a non-stick surface that won't allow the food to adhere, making cleaning easier. Since you'll get a free recipe book with the purchase, you can experiment with different cooking styles to learn different ways to prepare your meals.
5. Iconites Fryer 10-in-1 Air Fryer Oven
The last option for the best air fryer for a family of 4 is the Iconites 10-in-1 air fryer which has a 20-quart capacity making it the best option for a large family. It features 10 cooking presets allowing you to air fry, broil, bake, roast, dehydrate, and much more to your food. The control touchscreen is easy to use and allows you to select the cooking mode with a mere press of a button.
One of the things that makes this unit worth every penny is the 13 accessories that are included together with the air fryer. This eliminates the need to buy these items separately, saving you time and money. Additionally, these parts are all dishwasher safe which ensures you an easier cleaning time after preparing your meal.
What are the Types of Air Fryers Available?
There are two primary types of air fryers on the market today; basket-style air fryers and air fryer ovens. The first type features a cylindrical air fryer basket that holds the food just like deep fryer baskets. However, these units work by circulating hot air around the food, ensuring it cooks evenly.
On the other hand, we have the air fryer ovens, which feature the same design as a toaster oven with racks. Air fryer ovens can have more cooking functions than basket air fryers. Unfortunately, an air fryer oven is much larger in size than a basket-style air fryer. This means that you'll have to determine which one is more suitable depending on the amount of space you have on your kitchen counter.
Air fryer ovens also allow you to see the cooking process thanks to the glass door. As such, you can keep a close eye on the condition of the food as it cooks.
What are the Benefits of Air Fryers?
1. Less Fat
A high intake of deep-fried foods has been linked to excessive weight gain and obesity. This is because these foods contain high amounts of calories and fats, which without regular exercise, accumulate in the body as fat. Moving to air-dried foods is a safer option since it eliminates the need to use oil, which can help you lose weight.
Additionally, traditionally fried foods can also promote the development of other health conditions. To minimize your risk of getting such complications, you should get yourself an air fryer for your fried meals.
2. Easy Cleaning
Cooking meals with oil makes it harder to clean your appliances and utensils since grease has a way of adhering to surfaces. In most cases, you'll need to handwash your items with warm water and soap to ensure all the grease is off. Unfortunately, this is a time-consuming and tedious task that isn't necessary if you have an air fryer.
Since air fryers work with little to no oil, you can enjoy a faster clean-up time after preparing your meals with these units. You'll have fewer greasy plates and cooking accessories, which will make it easier for you to clean them without struggling.
This might sound obvious, but it's still worth mentioning that deep-frying carries a high risk of burning accidents. Handling hot oil can be tricky since it can quickly boil over after you insert your food. The bubbling oil could splash on your skin which could leave you with a painful reminder of why it's better to go with an air fryer.
Air fryers have a low risk of accidental burns since they use hot air for cooking your food. This means that you can make your kitchen a safer place by buying the best air fryer on the market.
Factors to Consider When Buying the Best Air Fryer for a Family of 4
1. Quart Capacity
The first factor to think about is the amount of food the air fryer can prepare at a time. Since you want a unit that can work for four individuals, you should at least go with a 4-quart fryer or for one that's larger. Anything smaller will require you to cook your food in batches rather than at once, which can be tedious to handle.
Fortunately, the models in this post have a capacity of 4 quarts or more to ensure you can comfortably prepare your family meals without wasting time.
2. Ease of Cleaning
You also want to think about the ease of cleaning the components of your air fryer. One of the features that make it easier to clean and maintain your frier is having a removable nonstick basket. If food can't stick on the surface of the basket, it'll take less time to get it clean.
You also want the accessories to be dishwasher safe for a hands-free cleaning experience. This will ensure you don't have to use physical effort to remove the food remains from the parts that hold your food.
3. Temperature Control
Lastly, you should look at the temperature settings available on the unit. Different foods require a varying amount of heat to cook, so you'll want to take an air fryer that allows you to adjust the temperature according to preference. This will help you find the right heat level for cooking your favorite meals, which can make the process smoother and easier to teach others.
Additionally, the unit should have a high-temperature range that reaches a maximum of 400 F or more. This will ensure you can spend a shorter time in the kitchen and more time enjoying your meal.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What size air fryer do I need for a family of 4?
The ideal size of an air fryer for a family of 4 is at least 4 quarts of cooking capacity.
2. Which is the best air fryer for a family of 4?
The COSORI Air Fryer Large XL Air Fryer Oven is the most suitable option we've reviewed in this post.
3. What should I consider before buying an air fryer?
Before purchasing an air fryer, you should look at its capacity, ease of cleaning, and temperature control capabilities.