If you enjoy drizzling olive oil in your salad or spraying your baking sheets, then investing in the best olive oil sprayer would be ideal.
This nifty kitchen tool essential makes your work so much easier. You don't have to worry about blobs of oil, and with most olive oil sprayers, you can enjoy the convenience of portability.
We reviewed the best olive oil sprayers and outlined features to consider when buying them.
What Is An Olive Oil Sprayer?
Olive oil sprayers at first may sound quite extravagant, but they are handy and indispensable kitchen tools you can't do without them. They essentially feature aerosol mechanisms that allow you to control the amount of oil over your food. That way, you avoid pouring out a big glop.
We reviewed the best olive oil sprayers that are easy to use and super versatile.
Best Olive Oil Sprayers
1. Misto Brushed Aluminum Oil Sprayer
- Misto is a reusable oil spray and mister bottle that gives you the convenience and health benefits of typical aerosol sprayers but in a more...
- Fill Misto with your favorite oils, vinegars, lemon and lime juice, sherry, or marsala wine; Great for dressing salads, breads, or cooking
- Easy to use pump style cap features a 2 step operation: Simply pump the container, then and press the valve on the pressurized sprayer for...
- Environmentally friendly, the non aerosol sprayer doesn't use chemical propellants, and it's refillable, so no more throwing cans away to...
- Misto is BPA free threading the cap on incorrectly allows air to escape and in turn does not allow the bottle to build up pressure to spray
If looking for a sprayer that won't spritz large drops of oil into your food, this one from Misto is the best olive oil sprayer.
The misto oil sprayer is reusable and affords you the convenience and health benefits of typical aerosol sprayers in a more eco-friendly and affordable way. In addition, the bottle is made of rust-resistant aluminum.
Though the misto oil sprayer is ideal for olive oil, you can fill it up with vinegar, lemon and lime juice, sherry, or marsala wine.
The Misto oil sprayer features a filter that traps herbs and spices added to infuse to oil. In addition, it has a unique pressurized spray that breaks down your olive oil into tiny droplets and sends out a consistent spray of oil. This is similar to what you'd expect from an aerosol-style canister but without the added chemicals.
This mister is ideal for olive oil, but it can also be used for other types of oil, vinegar, wine, or citrus juices. The only ingredients you'll want to avoid using in this sprayer are ones that solidify when they cool, such as coconut oil.
2. Evo Stainless Steel Oil Sprayer
- 18/8 stainless steel bottle with plastic sprayer
- BPA, Latex, and DEHP free
- Won’t clog, melt, shatter or show fingerprints
- Perfect for portion control
- Economical, reusable, recyclable
The Evo Oil Sprayer bottle is an excellent choice as it delivers a nice, even coat of cooking oil without the trouble of pumping before spraying.
The food-grade stainless steel oil sprayer features a plastic sprayer. The plastic is BPA, LATEX and DEHP free. Its best suited for portion control.
All you need to do is pull once to release the cooking oil inside the bottle. In addition, each pull releases a reliable 1/4 teaspoon of oil; hence you know exactly how much you're depositing onto your food or cooking surface.
The coverage is nice and even, with the nozzle being specially designed to spray in a vertical or horizontal fan spray pattern that allows for more control and precise application. Lastly, the Evo oil sprayer has a large 16-ounce capacity, so avid cooks won't constantly refill the bottle.
3. Purelite Continuous Spray Olive Oil Mister
- 🥚 FINE MIST SPRAY: Our easy to use refillable Cooking Oil Spray Bottle coats pans with a thin, even coat of your favorite vegetable oil,...
- 🍳 SAFETY: The bottle is made of BPA Free, food safe glass for better storage and to prevent chemicals from leaching into the oils as with...
- 🌮 CONVENIENT: Wide Mouth Bottle for Easy Pouring (without funnels) and Easy Cleaning. Baby bottle brushes may be used to wash and clean...
- 🥘 MANY USES: Not only can it dispense oils for no stick and no scratch cooking, it can also be used to spray directly onto bbq meats and...
- 🥞 GUARANTEED: Your satisfaction is 100% Guaranteed. Our superb quality assurance makes sure only the best passes our stringent standards....
The olive oil sprayer comes in an aesthetically pleasing blue glass bottle. This aids in keeping the sunlight out, hence prolonging the oil's shelf life.
The oil sprayer is BPA-free and made of food-safe glass preventing chemical leaching into the oils. In addition, the bottle is refillable and can be filled with a vegetable oil such as avocado or grapeseed. The spray is similar to an aerosol but uses an air pressure system.
The olive oil sprayer is super versatile and can dispense oils for no stick and no scratch cooking. In addition, you can fill the bottle with vinegar to spritz salads for a healthy dressing. Lastly, add fresh herbs to your oils for a flavorful seasoning.
When spraying, push down on the spray nozzle with your index finger 6 to 8 inches away from the pan. Spray in a circular pattern at an angle to ensure it is fully covered. A brush may be used to clean the bottle. Afterward, fill with warm, soapy water and spray out to clean the nozzle. Refill with clean water and spray until empty. Repeat if necessary.
4. Ideal Olive Oil Sprayer Mister
- DESIGNED WITH THE HIGHEST QUALITY MATERIALS - "So glad it isn't glass!" our users tell us. Your new oil sprayer is safe on any surface....
- BEATS ALL THE OTHERS ON THE MARKET - WHY is everyone complaining about all those cheap cooking olive oil sprayers you see below on the page?...
- REFILL AND REUSE - This unique model produces such a FINE MIST you use so little oil it will last for weeks. The perfect cooking oil...
- RISK-FREE 100% GUARANTEE. We stand by our olive oil sprayers and want you to have the same great experience other Ideal Olive Oil Mister...
The oil mister is perfect if searching for a lightweight choice that affords you the ease of portability. The BPA -free oil mister is made from heavy-duty Tritan plastic, meaning it won't crack or shatter.
The olive oil mister is designed for a comfortable grip, and the sprayer uses an air pump-style mechanism. You can fill the oil mister with your favorite oils or infuse your flavors. The clear container lets you see what's inside, and the filter ensure only pure oil is spritzed.
The maximum capacity of the olive oil mister is 6 ounces.
5. Woohubs Olive Oil Sprayer
- MULTI- PURPOSE - Perfect kitchenware tools for home & kitchen. Fill this sprayer with your favorite oils, sunflower oil, vinegar, soy sauce,...
- EASY TO USE AND CLEAN - Simply press the pump of sprayer to produce a more uniform spray and control the amount of oil when cooking.The...
- PORTABLE TO CARRY - The Oil sprayer dispenser is of 100ml capacity,Handled and perfect size oil sprayer can be used in kitchen cook tool or...
- 100% FOOD SAFE - Made from high quality glass, BPA free and eco-friendly, Smart design of transparent glass pot, you can tell the amount of...
- ABOUT AFTER SELL SERVICE: Unconditional refund within 30 days, replacement within 12 months Lifetime warranty, professional after-sales...
The Woohubs olive oil sprayer has a polished and sleek look. The versatile glass bottle can be filled with your favorite oils sunflower oil, vinegar, soy sauce, lemon and lime juice, sherry or Marsala wine.
It's lightweight and designed for portability. The glass bottle is the perfect size to be carried outside for a barbecue, picnic or used as a kitchen tool. It holds 100 ml and is made from high-quality glass, BPA free and eco-friendly glass.
The oil sprayer features a built-in injector design to create a fine mist. When cleaning, press the sprayer's pump to produce a more uniform spray and control the amount of oil when cooking.
Features To Consider When Buying Best Olive Oil Sprayer
a) Type of Material
When searching for an olive oil sprayer, there are three materials to choose from.
Glass: Olive oil sprayers made from glass are considered an eco-friendly choice. The material is great for oil because it doesn't absorb. In addition, it allows you to see the quality and quantity of oil you have left in the bottle. Some sprayers feature measuring scales that allow you to accurately add the right amount of oil to you cooking. The downside is the fragility of the bottles and that they are more likely to break eventually. In addition, glass lets light in, decreasing the antioxidant load and can cause the oil to turn rancid more quickly. With a glass olive oil sprayer, it's advisable to keep it locked away in a dark pantry.
Metal: The material is durable, eco-friendly and will keep the light out. The sprayer bottles tend to be more expensive than glass and plastic and can sometimes affect the taste of the oil. Most sprayer bottles usually have a stainless steel lid, while some have a stainless steel body. Metal is also heavier, so it's advisable to look for a smaller capacity bottle.
Plastic: Plastic olive oil sprayers tend to be lightweight, durable and transparent. It's also economical. However, the downside is that it's not eco-friendly. In addition, there's the risk of the chemicals leaching into oil. To keep the oil fresh, it's best to store the bottles in them in the pantry or cupboard.
It's important to consider capacity or size when buying olive oil sprayers. In addition, it's essential to consider how often you expect to use it and choose a capacity that fits your needs best.
Olive oil sprayers come in different sizes, from small and compact to large. Which one you choose will depend on how much oil you use.
If using a lot of cooking oil, consider larger spray bottles. In contrast, if you use oil sparingly, a smaller spray bottle would be ideal. This is because oil can go rancid with time.
Most oil sprayers are compact, meaning they can only hold a few ounces of oil at a time, though some are larger than others.
It's worth noting that when using a sprayer, you don't need to have a large amount of oil because the aim is to use the minimum oil as possible to achieve the results needed.
Smaller bottles tend to be easier to handle and maneuver especially when you have to pump the nozzle a few times to get the oil you want. They are also portable, which is great, especially if you like to spray salads for lunch or bring some oil with you for a barbecue.
c) How The Spray Is Activated
The type of sprayer varies with each bottle.
A non-aerosol sprayer is considered the best because they don't contain any potentially harmful propellants. There are more specific styles.
Some oil sprayers use pressure valves, while others use trigger mechanisms or pumps. Generally, sprayers fall under these two categories:
Pressure sprayers: These are similar to traditional aerosol cans. However, they don't contain propellant; you'll need to pressurize the bottle using a hand pump. Again, the quality of the specific product will determine how often you'll need to pressurize the sprayer between uses.
Pull trigger sprayers: They function as squirt bottles. Every time you pull back or push down on the trigger, you release a single spray of oil. Though you don't benefit from a continual stream with the sprayers, they are better if you are hoping to measure how much oil you are applying.
d) Ease of Cleaning
Cleaning is an essential factor to consider especially when it comes to oil. The downside of reusable sprayers is you have to clean them occasionally. The challenge is that they can get stuck and stop working correctly.
When searching for the best olive oil sprayer, look for one that can be easily pulled apart and hand-cleaned or tossed in the dishwasher. In addition, choose an oil sprayer designed to be flushed ut with soapy water. This saves you the trouble of disassembling it and putting it back together each time you need to clean it.
Frequently Asked Questions About Best Olive Oil Sprayer (FAQs)
a) How Do You Clean Your Oil Sprayer, And How Often Should You Clean It?
To prevent the nozzle from clogging, it's vital to regularly clean your olive oil sprayer. It's advisable to read the package instructions for best practices regarding your unit. However, generally, the process involves: Filling the empty bottle with warm, soapy water, shaking, and spraying a few times. Rinse well with warm water, spray a few more times, then let it dry and refill. Some sprayers come with a cleaning brush, making it easier to clean the nozzle and inside the bottle.
b) What Cooking Oils Can You Put In An Oil Sprayer?
Generally, you can fill sprayers with any oil. However, ensure to thoroughly clean the bottle in between uses if filling your sprayer with a different type of oil. If planning to switch between oils, it's worth investing in glass or stainless steel olive oil sprayers since plastic can retain odors and flavors.
c) Where Should You Store Your Oil Sprayer?
It's worth noting that oil can turn rancid. Hence to keep it in good condition, ensure to store your oil sprayer out of direct sunlight and heat sources. Generally, it's best to keep your oil mister in a moderate and dark environment—like inside one of your kitchen cabinets. Lastly, be sure to wipe the nozzle after use to prevent clogs.
Meta Description: The best olive oil sprayer creates the perfect mist. We reviewed the best brands with sprayers that are durable, easy to clean and portable.
Image Credit: cleangreensimple.com