Have you ever wondered what your mom or friend's secret is in the kitchen? They always seem to make these tasty meals and pastries that have you drooling for more. We can't tell you their secret, but we can tell you how to improve your skills and give them a run for their money. Get yourself the best kitchen scale.
What is A Kitchen Scale?
A kitchen scale is a device that you use to measure the weight of food and the ingredients you use to make your meals. You can get kitchen scales in digital, balance, or spring models. A balance kitchen scale is more accurate than a spring model.
The advantage of using scales is that you get accurate measurements of your ingredients as you cook. Also, if you are on a diet, a kitchen scale will allow you to know the exact measurements of the food you're consuming.
A food scale or kitchen scale is your secret weapon for making perfectly risen bread, consistently flavored food, and more. You'll be getting, "Are you a chef?" more times than you can count. So let's now look at the best kitchen scales in the market to get your way to stardom.
What Are the Best Kitchen Scales?
1. GreaterGoods Digital Food Kitchen Scale
- A Smart Choice: Greater Goods classic kitchen scale is the perfect introduction to measuring your food for better cooking and portioning at...
- Fresh Features: All of the qualities you need and expect in a kitchen scale: readings down to the gram, an eleven pound capacity, four units...
- Simple and Stylish: Never let a kitchen accessory cramp your style again. The simplistic, modern design of this scale fits right in with the...
- True Support: Our friendly team in St. Louis are industry experts at-the-ready to assist you with any questions that might arise about your...
- Beyond A Purchase: Yes, we design and produce high functioning, slick looking kitchen scales, but we value the positive impact of a...
This best kitchen scale seamlessly combines a minimal design and high accuracy in an impressive way. Thousands of people trust this digital kitchen scale in their kitchens to provide them with the highest precision and accuracy. Whether you are following a strict recipe or counting macros, this food scale is what you need.
You can be sure that your cooking process will become easier and more precise once you purchase this kitchen scale. In addition, you can read through the numerous reviews left by satisfied customers whose cooking experience has taken a 360-turn since they bought this stylish and accurate food scale. The readings are shown in grams and ounces to suit your style.
The display is easy to read, and the design makes this food scale blend with the rest of your kitchen appliances and decor. Another great thing about purchasing this kitchen scale is that you get superb customer support. Made for your comfort and convenience, the company will ensure that any complications are sorted quickly.
Greater Goods does more than cater to your needs. The company works with its charity partner, Meds, and Food for Kids to save lives and create jobs. Talk about giving back. Therefore, if you've been searching for ways to make an impact, you can stay safe in the knowledge that your purchase is changing another person's life.
2. Etekcity Food Kitchen Scale
- Accurate Measurement: Weigh up to 5 kg/11 lb precisely in 1 g increments.
- Unit Conversion: Select your preferred units, oz/lb:oz/fl’oz/g/mL to follow recipes more conveniently.
- Tare Function: Use the tare function to remove container weight from the final measurement of your food
- LCD Display: Easily read measurements on the backlit LCD display
- Quality Material: Measure food, small items, and liquids with confidence on the 304 food-grade, stainless steel platform
This kitchen scale measures around 11 lbs (5000g) and measures in increments of 1g. The minimum measurement is around 3g-5g, and it automatically shuts off 2 minutes after inactivity. Measuring 7.32 x 5.70 x 0.67 inches, this kitchen scale is easily portable and can be stored away easily.
This Etekcity digital food scale comes loaded with four built-in high-precision load sensors. These sensors enable you to measure 0.05oz/1g increments as you add your ingredients. Another great feature is the multi-unit conversion that allows you to measure ingredients in various units of measurements.
You can convert these units into oz/lb: oz/fl: oz/g/mL. This ensures that you don't have a problem while you follow recipes that have different measuring units. In addition, the tare function enables you to remove the weight of the container. This is how you always get accurate results with this kitchen scale.
The backlit LCD makes it easy for you to read. This pick is very easy to use, like the Escali Primo P115C Precision Kitchen Food Scale and the OXO Good Grips food scale. Although thanks to the thousands of positive reviews, this kitchen scale is better than these other two. The stainless steel platform adds to the design appeal and the hygiene properties of this scale.
3. Ozeri ZK14-S Pronto Digital Kitchen Scale
- Accurate, elegant, easy-to-use digital kitchen scale for your largest and smallest cooking projects - weighs up to 11.24 lbs (5100 grams)...
- Unit Button instantly converts between 6 units of measurements (g, lbs, lbs:oz, oz, ml, kg) and displays results on an easy-to-read LCD...
- Precision Tare Button calculates the net weight of your ingredients by automatically subtracting the weight of any bowl or container.
- Features a newly enlarged weighing platform finished in elegant chrome, and 2 large buttons that generate an audible click confirmation....
- Runs on 2 AAA batteries (included) that automatically power-off after 2-minutes to preserve battery life, and an easy-access battery...
The Ozeri Pronto Kitchen Food Scale weighs in 1-gram or 0.05-ounce increments. The heavier the weights, the more accurate this kitchen scale is. Weighing up to 11.24 lbs (5100 grams), you can expect this scale to come through when measuring heavier ingredients.
Once you press the Automatic Unit Button, the kitchen scale will instantly convert the units to suit what you want. The units include g, lbs, lbs: oz, oz, ml. The LCD is easy to read for your convenience. The Tare button will remove the weight of your container so that you can get only the accurate measurements from your digital kitchen scale.
A thoughtful feature is the audible click confirmation you get when you click the Unit and Tare buttons. You rarely get this in other scales like the Escali Primo P115C Precision Kitchen Food Scale. This way, you don't have to second-guess yourself after you've pressed the buttons.
A small drawback is that this kitchen scale requires about two seconds to read smaller weights. Nonetheless, you can expect this best kitchen scale to serve you very well. This digital kitchen scale runs on 2 AAA batteries that are included in the purchase.
4. Amazon Basics Digital Kitchen Scale
- Stainless steel digital kitchen scale with widescreen LCD screen
- Weighs up to 11 pounds (about 5000 grams) of food (minimum of 2 grams); displays results in ounces, grams, pounds
- Advanced sensor technology delivers quick, accurate responses
- Tare button subtracts container weight to zero out the scale so you only measure what you want
- BPA-free plastic components are food safe; includes (2) AAA batteries
This Amazon Basics stainless steel digital scale weighs up to 11 pounds (5000 grams) of food and ingredients. Although the minimum is at a high of 2 grams, you can expect this scale to serve you very well. If you have used other digital scales like the oxo good grips, you'll notice some extra features with this scale that the xo good grips scale lacks.
This stainless steel digital scale has a widescreen LCD screen that is very easy to read. In addition, the wide stainless steel surface makes it easy for you to measure with large bowls. Therefore, if you are a fan of baking, you'll enjoy how this scale works.
The Advanced sensor technology ensures that you get accurate responses on the digital display. In addition, the maximum weight of 11 pounds allows room to measure ingredients from various recipes. These scales are also safe to use, thanks to the fact that they are made with BPA-free materials.
The Tare button increases the accuracy of the readings you get as you can subtract the weight of the container. You also get two AAA Amazon Basics batteries with this purchase.
5. Etekcity 0.1g Food Kitchen Scale
- High-Precision: Minimum Measurements: 1 g. Upgraded sensor offers instant readings and reliable measurements for items. Unique Dual...
- Comprehensive Functionality: Weigh up to 11 lb/5 kg across 5 units of measurement (oz, lb, g, fl: oz, and mL) in addition to switching...
- Clear Results: The 2.5 x 1 in/6.3 x 2.5 cm LCD display offers increased visibility, letting you read your results more easily
- Hassle-Free: The ultra-slim, AAA battery-operated design keeps things simple with easy storage and intuitive controls
- Thoughtfully Designed: The EK9000 is an attractive addition to any health enthusiast’s kitchen with its slim, stylish design
Our final pick is another classic from Etekcity that gives you high-precision measurements. Although it's not the best overall, you can expect reliable measurements and instant readings from this digital scale. The instant readings are thanks to the upgraded sensors that this meal prep scale has.
The maximum weight of this kitchen scale is 11 pounds, and you can measure your ingredients in pounds and ounces. The five measurements that work with this scale include oz, lb, g, fl: oz, and mL. You can also switch between water and milk density.
The LCD gives you clear and easy-to-read measurements. The width also ensures that you get an easier experience as you read it. In addition, the convenient pull-out display makes this scale easier to use when using large bowls to measure your ingredients.
This pull-out display makes this best kitchen scale easier to use than the scales with the traditional flat tablet design. So, in addition to the maximum weight being 11 pounds, you also get to save time and energy with this kitchen scale. The tare function and auto-off function help with this.
What Features Are A Must-Have In A Kitchen Scale?
Ensure that you get the best kitchen scale that gives you the most accuracy. This was a major factor as we were considering the best scales to give you. A scale with pull-out display is great. However, if it doesn't give you accurate measurements, it might be no good in the end.
Ensure that you get a kitchen scale that measures accurately and consistently like our top pick and the rest.
2. Tare Function
What does the Tare button do? Tarring enables you to automatically subtract the weight of your measuring container and get the measurement of only what is in the bowl. Therefore, when you press the Tare button, the kitchen scale gives you only the weight of your ingredients.
You can repeatedly tare to get only the weight of what's inside the measuring container. So whether you are using the Escali Primo P115C Precision Kitchen Scale or one of our picks above, you should be able to use the tare button with ease.
3. Measurement in Ounces and Grams
Getting a kitchen scale that can measure in imperial and metric units is a bonus. In addition, get a scale that reads in decimals instead of fractions. This way, you get accurate and precise measurements, and you also have an easier time reading these measurements.
If you prefer fractions, you can also get scales that have both functions. Ultimately, getting a kitchen scale that gives you the measurements in both pounds and ounces is the goal. Then, you won't have to start doing the math while still trying to ensure that you get the best cake.
4. Auto-Shut Function
In this modern era, energy conservation is a big thing. Even things that seem small, like conserving the battery life of your kitchen scale, can have huge impacts. Therefore, as you choose the best kitchen scale for you, get one that has an auto-shut-off feature.
For better service, get one that has a long auto-shut-off feature. For example, five minutes can be an ideal duration. However, 2-5 minutes is acceptable. If you plan on using your kitchen scale during your regular baking activities, you may want to get a scale with a longer duration, like five minutes.
Having to turn the scale on each time can be annoying while you try to multi-task. So you can also check if the scale allows you to remove this feature entirely. This way, your patience won't be tested every time your measurement disappears.
5. Laminated Buttons
Other than our final pick, all our other kitchen scales have buttons that are protected. Cooking and baking can be messy experiences. Therefore, getting the best kitchen scale that has protected buttons is a good investment.
Grains of sugar, droplets of water, crumbs, and other small elements can seriously harm your device if it's not protected. If your display and buttons are protected, the cleaning process also becomes easier.
6. Instant Measurements
Get a kitchen scale that will give you speedy measurements. A scale with pull-out display and a stainless steel weighing platform is great. However, all this convenience can quickly fade away if you have to wait a few seconds to get your reading.
Other than our third pick that takes two seconds to read smaller measurements, all the others are good to go.
Frequently Asked Questions about Kitchen Scales
1. What are the three main types of scales used in a kitchen?
The three common scales include the digital scale, balance scale, and spring scale/mechanical scale.
2. Are kitchen scales useful?
Yes, especially when you want to improve your cooking or be mindful about how much you eat. A great kitchen scale helps you know how many calories or measurements of something you're consuming.
Enter your text here...