Oily skin can be troublesome when it comes to your make up regime. Heavy oil can be controlled, though, as long as you choose the right products. You want to stay away from oil-based creams that offer a flat matte. These will lead to a cakey and uneven application.
In order to work with oily skin, you may find choosing a BB cream that will work for you a little challenging, but it is not impossible. You just have to take your time and pay attention to the ingredients. But in order to make your hunt a little easier, we have compiled a list of three of the best BB creams for oily skin for you.
Below we look at each in-depth to help you narrow the field down to the perfect one for you and your skin needs.
Best BB Creams for Oily Skin Reviews
COVERGIRL Clean Matte BB Cream
Covergirl cosmetics have been around for decades and come with a good reputation, which is why this BB cream made it onto the list. This clean matte formula is an oil-free, water-based option.
- Available in 6 shades
- Oil-free, lightweight, matte finish
- Water-based formula
There are certain names that are synonymous with cosmetics, and one of those is Covergirl. The brand has been delivering quality products at a reasonable price for decades. This offering from this well-known brand is perfect for those with oily skin. It is crafted to control oil for hours and goes on pretty smooth. Plus, it comes in a wide range of shades so that you will be able to find the right shade for your skin tone.
There are some elements about this product, though, that we find to be a little problematic. The first is that the application is not great when done with your hands. So you will want to make sure that you have a brush to use. Other than that, the matte finish is nice, but it is not perfectly clean.
- BB Cream comes with a wide selection of shades available
- Good to control oil for many hours
- The application does not leave skin patchy or blotchy
- Cream offers good coverage of blemishes
- Price versus value is on par with more high-end products
- An issue with the matte finish – not clean
- The product goes on better with brushes
DR. G Perfect Pore BB Cream
Finding a BB cream with protection from the sun is a plus and when it also helps with hydration and oil control, so much, the better. If that all sounds good, then the Dr. G Perfect Pore BB cream might be a good fit for you.
- Lightweight matte finish
- Natural ingredients for sebum control and hydration
- Mineral free
- Tar colorant free
- Benzophenone free
Korea is known for its cosmetic products, and one of the best when dealing with oily skin is this BB cream. The formula used in the production of this cream uses non-GMO ingredients that are of the most premium quality. If you are looking for medium to full coverage, then this is the one to go with. It goes on light and smooth due to the use of natural ingredients that play well with even the most sensitive skin.
But even with all of those fantastic qualities, there are still a few issues. The biggest may be a lack of availability. Many people have found it out of stock more often than not. The scent is also one of the things we find is a common complaint.
- The formula is crafted with no minerals or alcohol
- All ingredients in the cream are non-GMO
- One application lasts a long time and goes on light
- The product gives the user a medium to full coverage
- High-quality skin-friendly material used in the formula
- Some availability issues when it comes to finding it
- Issues with the scent of the product
bareMinerals Prime Time BB Primer Cream
Our last entry is from a respected brand and brings with it a lot of great features. Crafted to not only give your skin an even texture but also to protect it from the sun, the bareMinerals Prime time BB Primer Cream is definitely one of the best on the market.
- SPF 30
- Vegan friendly
If you’re on the move a lot, you will want to look for cosmetics that are travel friendly. This product from bareMinerals is both travel friendly and gives its users a great application. It is crafted with ingredients that help minimize pores and can even out skin. Plus, there is also the fact that it comes with an SPF to help protect your skin from sun damage.
There are a few things, though, that we would be remiss without mentioning. There are some issues with caking when it comes to dry patches. This will accentuate them, and that is not what is desired. On top of that, some have complained of the product drying their skin out.
- The packaging is hygienic and travel-friendly
- Able to be used on its own or with a foundation
- The feel after the application is not tacky
- Formula is crafted with protection from the sun
- Minimizers pores and evens out skin
- An issue with the cream caking on dry patches
- Some have experienced the cream drying out their skin
Oily skin makes a lot of things challenging, as we have said, but clearly, there are ways to get the look you want, even if you do struggle with it. There are several options available when it comes to BB creams, but these three products are some of the best available.
Each has its positive and negative aspects, and now that you know about them, all that is left for you to choose is the one that works for you. Hopefully, we have helped you find a BB cream that will do the job for you.